• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The shape of you || Amorette
    Belgaer
    Standing alone, with his eyes fixed on the space ahead of him, he is oblivious to the movement behind him. It had been some time since he’d managed to sneak away from his responsibilities and it was refreshing to have a moment to himself. As a son to Brennen, he felt the weight of his new role almost constantly. Even in sleep, he heard the throaty rumblings of the next days task as they are recited to him by the waves. Often time, in his dreams, he saw her. Dark and beautiful her carefree spirit would lift his heart – even if only for a little while. She would not have liked the person he’d become in light of the island’s recent shift. She was too bright – too playful to be bogged down with the weight that he would have asked her to carry. Maybe it was for the best that she had fled the island with the others, without so much as a goodbye.

So many had fled to the safety of Tephra, seeking refuge within the burnt land. Had she?

A soft greeting startled all thoughts of Josie from his head and he spun around, planting his amber eyes upon the smoky figure as it approached. The scent of her is carried away from him by the breeze, but it isn’t difficult to surmise that her loyalty belonged to Tephra. Shaking the bleak thoughts from his head he forced a thin smile upon his face, his eyes softening towards her.

There was something oddly familiar about her and, as she drew nearer, he recognized the golden streaks in her mane and tail. His own contained the bronze of his sister’s victory (while she donned the silver of his).

He stepped towards her, meeting her in the space between. “I’m sorry, I should have sent ahead.” He smiled warmly. “I’ve watched the volcano from the shores if Ischia my whole life and I finally plucked up the courage to see it for myself.”
    The Prodigal Son

Messages In This Thread
    The shape of you || Amorette - by Belgaer - 05-21-2018, 07:12 AM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Amorette - 05-21-2018, 08:45 AM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Belgaer - 05-24-2018, 08:25 AM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Amorette - 05-26-2018, 02:14 PM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Belgaer - 05-28-2018, 09:45 AM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Amorette - 05-30-2018, 03:19 PM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Belgaer - 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Amorette - 06-06-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Belgaer - 06-08-2018, 08:24 AM
    RE: The shape of you || Amorette - by Amorette - 06-11-2018, 02:57 PM