• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka
    It feels so good to be back home, despite the aching emptiness where his parents should be. The champagne stallion is hopeful, though, that some semblance of familiarity will do him good and help to get his mind off the state Dahmer and Ellyse could be in. He swallows hard. Svedka's mischievous smile is a warm beacon and he is pulled closer to it until he is nudging Solace's brother under his chin and grinning, his worries forgotten for a time.

Smoak recoils so that he can inspect his childhood friend and the way he has grown. "Do you have a lady yet?" he asks with mischievous laughter, quite certain that Svedka's time in the plains had effected his view on monogamy and, as always, Smoak loves a good story.

Svedka mentions Solace, causing Smoak's heart rate to spike. He smiles sheepishly then, chin down-turned to let his forelock fall over his bright hazel eyes. "I hadn't meant to be gone so long," he says good-naturedly, though there's a sadness in his tone. Smoak's lips twitch downward before he sighs and shakes the forelock from his face. "My parents have gone missing again. I was worried that it might be Carnage, but I haven't heard about any other disappearances." He continues quickly, pushing his thoughts out into the air so that he can get it over with and they can move back to more pleasant topics. "Your father is still in Tephra?" he inquires softly, knowing that Warrick had been abducted by Carnage and hoping that history would never repeat itself again.

His hazel eyes watch Svedka's closely and when finally he is satisfied that Warrick is still safely in Tephra, he releases a long, slow breath and nods. Forcing a small smile back onto his lips, Smoak tosses his champagne head towards the center of the territory, where the lake sits. "Walk with me and tell me what I missed with you and Solace while I was gone?"

S M O A K
    here's a handshake, soldier, 'cause we both lost the war

@[Svedka]
    ♥ Bro ♥

Messages In This Thread
    WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Smoak - 05-22-2018, 08:55 AM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Svedka - 05-22-2018, 05:57 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Smoak - 05-27-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka - by Svedka - 05-29-2018, 10:37 AM