• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any
    He had never been a charmer, but it had always been enough to make Amore smile.

Careful to keep his flames above the swells of water, Levi soaks his solid legs for a moment longer. But when his companion does not follow, he makes his way back to the shore. As he nears he can see the concern has returned to her lovely, kind eyes and tears threaten to spill across her smoke-hued cheeks.

His slumber - his immortal hibernation - had been deep indeed. Her answers only ignite more questions in his mind, and he realizes that he probably couldn't even name one Sylvan monarch, much less the current one. But he doesn't need a list of names to guess what a dark kingdom was capable of.

They... they were only children.

Like on the day of his sons birth, the beast moves forward to hold her.  As the sobs shake her frame, his broad chest presses to her shoulder and the length of his neck reach over her. With his own head, he pulls her to him, tucking her dainty skull below his jaw.

"I'm sorry," he murmurs as she weeps, "I'm sorry you had to see that," he doesn't add out loud. He curses his solitude then, his self-imposed exile, when he had been better acquainted with falling leaves and loam than conversation.  His words run dry and his teeth clash as he searches for the comfort she needs him to give - with nothing to show for it.

Silently he holds her, unsure of what to say but unable to watch her suffer alone.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any - by Levi - 07-07-2018, 07:38 AM