• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any
    She seems to melt into him as he reaches for her, and they both wordlessly agree to ignore the past for now. He stands grounded as she shudders, expressing the pain she has held inside for too long in a flood of salty tears. His silence appears to pass by unnoticed, or at least not frowned up, and his strong, silent shoulder seems to be enough for her for now. 

He expects her to pull away then, as her sobs quiet and her breathing steadies, but she stays tucked into his embrace. His heartbeat quickens as she speaks again, still there, still needing him, and the intimacy of that connection reminds him of all he left behind. 

"Don't be sorry," his smoky voice is little more than a gentle rumble as his muzzle traces the lines of her neck tucked below his own. 

But she is continuing then, listing names which are vaguely familiar to him, and he pieces together what has happened. It is a terrible thing she has seen - even he, the beat that he is, can see that. 

But within his wide chest, his heart hammers on with the force of thunder and his blood runs a little hotter for another reason. "Amore..." he murmurs her name into the ashen air between them once she pauses, letting his breathlessness hang heavily for a moment. "Will you stay with me tonight?" He asks, and the hunger in his tone leaves little to be misunderstood.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; Any - by Levi - 07-30-2018, 03:15 PM