• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Kagerus, dear

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    In my misery, I don't even consider that my brother considers himself to be the one who failed us. When last we spoke, it had been him to abandon me, and that act solidified his place in my mind as dominant, as right, as the one to whom I am indebted. As he rests curled to my chest, beneath the ever-tightening embrace of my neck, I don't even consider the possibility that maybe he feels as I do.

Most all I know right now is that I love him - and that I will do anything, anything to keep him.
    We may not be twins like Solace and Svedka - but our bond is equally as powerful, if not more, made stronger by our identity crises in the realm of light vs darkness. We are two lost souls wandering through a storm, and for some time, we'd been without the grounding force of each other's presence: but as he stands with me now, it's as if the rain has lessened, a light blooming not far ahead, the storm begging to break as we stumble slowly forwards: together.

"No you didn't," comes my immediate response to the words he presses soulfully to the alabaster plane of my shoulder. I'm frowning, willing the words to be true, as if by sheer power of will I can force him to change his mind. Even if he is the storm I find myself in, there is no place else I'd rather be than the tempestuous onslaught of his rains, than the electrifying crackle of his lightning. We are the chaos that reigns in the other's lives, and yet, we are the peace we find in each other's arms, too.

It wasn't your fault. This time, I have nothing to volley back at him, instead allowing my heart to break and reform over and over again as his murmured words calm the catatonia that has enraptured us so. Sniveling, I shake my head and clutch him closer, feeling as though healing for us both is nigh on the horizon: as our catharsis ebbs and our rational minds slowly reawaken in the wake of its wholesome destruction, my tears subside, and my grasp on him loosens.

As my muscles go nearly slack against him, relief flooding over me, my ears twitch with each word he speaks. And as I look through my wet lashes, I can just see the tremulous smile that hesitantly builds upon his cream-shadow lips, broken but steadfastly there. At his last question, I release a shuddering breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding. Taking a moment to compose myself as I rest against him, brother and sister once more, I try to find the right answer: but in the end, it finds me.

"I am alright, brother." Whispers in the night, as we have become used to, as we will always share. "And I will be alright as long as you are, too." My mouth finds his mane, and I gently pull it through my lips, detangling it piece by piece as our tears lessen and our breathing slows. "...Will you stay, brother? I wouldn't blame you if Hyaline is no longer your... home. But mother and father will be happy to know you're safe." I cringe a little to be mentioning Insignificance and Kavi, but it is something he must know. Not wanting to press any farther, I fall silent in my grooming of him, allowing him time to consider my words.

@[Khaedrik]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-22-2018, 02:20 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-24-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-24-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-24-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-28-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-29-2018, 03:15 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Khaedrik - 05-30-2018, 02:06 PM
    RE: Kagerus, dear - by Kagerus - 05-31-2018, 02:59 AM