• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I shall hail thee - Hestoni, Scorch

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    He's in a hurry;

he wants to tell them it's okay. He's okay, and he's gonna stay that way. But he has plans his mother will not like to hear about - he's not even sure if Brennen liked the idea at all.

He also sort-of feels obliged to visit. Somewhere between Ischia settling, a lot of steals, and his stay in Loess thereafter, his father had returned from the dead. He'd been late to hear about it, to come by and say something along the lines of 'hello, I'm here too, did you miss me or do you want me to leave right away? ' (not that he thinks the latter would be the answer, but he'd think it fun to ask).

But on the other hand, father hasn't had the time to visit him, either, so he's not too worried about him being late. In fact, it's more that he also hears that Scorch is again queen of Nerine, or the Amazons or Leviathans or however she wants to call herself these days. And while he's discussed with Brennen just previously, he also needs to tell / ask her, too. But he thinks she'll see the logic.

God, he hopes she will.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Hestoni] @[Scorch]
    Okay so this is right after a short thread with Brennen in Ischia, heh, but I thought I'd just put them all up at once so I'm not sure at this moment if his proposal will be approved by Brennen xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Truth be told, Scorch had chuckled when she found out that Leilan was captive to Arthas - that is, after she let out a great sigh of relief for the fact that he was not captive in Sylva, the actual evil kingdom in Beqanna. She'd met Arthas casually a few times, and though there hadn't been any means for animosity, well by god now there was. Steal a child of mine will you?! Think again.

Mom, you literally shipped me away to a kingdom when I was like, four months old to rule it later, Ea's voice drawled from the dead.
    And didn't you try to put Cammie on the throne when she was also like, two minutes old? Myrina's voice, or no is that Echion? They sound too alike it's uncanny.
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD AAAAAAACKKkKKk.

After some barely stifled laughter, her familial ghosts all quieted down, allowing her to finally approach the son that's been dawdling along her borders for quite some time now. Unfortunately, the more corporeal figure of death was not so easy to get rid of; trailing behind her with a flaring of its nostrils - the only indication of its curiosity at this point - Oblivion followed quickly, having memorize the Nerinian terra after it's short life lived here.

Ignoring the demon, Scorch closed the distance between herself and Leilan with a hug. What else could you expect? Luckily for the son, it wasn't the cry-her-eyes-out kind; more just a thing of habit, quick but warm and full of love. Pulling back, Scorch quirked a brow quizzically, trying to suppress a smile at her late-captive son's expense.

"You stink like Loess." Her best attempt at saying hello.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Leilan]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

NIGHT WILL FALL AND DROWN THE SUN
    WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR

It amazes him how many of his children have built lives for themselves. In the Afterlife (pale and hazy and boring and unforgiving) the red knight had chatted with Ea occasionally about the on-goings of their family, but it had truly been brought to light as Scorch spoke with him in the world of color. Leilan had joined the Brotherhood (or, rather, the Krakens now) and had been stolen to Loess, Noori was having children with Echion’s son, and Shahrizai was competing against Scorch and Hestoni for the most children. There were more still — Vi and Volcan, for example — roaming in Beqanna and making names for themselves.

But still his heart had clenched with worry when Scorch told him about Leilan’s imprisonment in Loess. The knight had thought about visiting to greet his son after being gone for so long, but he’d been reassured (between love-bites and hair-tugs) by his lover that Leilan would most likely come visit them first. So he’d regretfully remained in Nerine, dark eyes turning toward the horizon every morning and evening in search of his son.

He arrives not long after Scorch, though the pair do not arrive together. The russet stallion casts an uneasy, protective glance toward the demon lingering over his wife’s shoulder. If that… thing… dares touch his lover, there would be hell to pay. Having heard that the creature reads minds, the knight makes sure to broadcast this thought as clearly and furiously as he is mentally capable.

Yet his son is here, and so the large stallion pushes through to nudge Leilan with his broad shoulder, a youthful grin on his face. While he is sweet and soppy with his daughters, he is equally as joking and rough-and-tumble with his sons. “Did you catch any pretty-lookin’ ladies while you were stuck there, at least?” The joke slides easily off his tongue, and if Scorch rebukes him he will pay her no mind. The russet’s laughter rumbles thick and deep, like the chortle of an unrestful volcano.

Hestoni

@[Leilan] / @[Scorch]

Leilan
    His mother is quick enough to find him, perhaps she patrols the borders just to make sure she never misses out on a family member visiting. When she gives him a quick habitual hug, his chestnut father also shows, just a little later, which makes the bay roan grin at him as a greeting behind his mother’s head. But she retreats quickly for once, and comments that he stinks.

Leilan sighs theatrically. Apparently rolling around the Ischian sand and swimming the high tide was not enough to fully get rid of it. ”Probably will, for a while.” He makes a face.

He ignores the demon thing as much as he can, and focuses on Hestoni. ”There’s only one there and I’m not sure she’s even into our half of society.” he winks at his almost-equally-of-a-joker-father. At least, Taria had shown no emotion to his pretty damn good looks, which was unusual. It was slightly disappointing, but perhaps he just hadn’t tried hard enough. He wasn’t planning on staying in Loess after all. ”You look pretty good for a dead guy, though. Perhaps you should try.” he laughs, ignoring whatever face his mother makes at that, because she should know it is a joke, and Toni would never leave her side, they all know.

@[Scorch] @[Hestoni]
    |

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Hestoni did not waste time in placing himself next to Scorch, entering most likely from the patrol he usually found himself on when the Queen was off and about. Said mare looked up at him with an eager, youthful affection when she realized just who came to stand with her, for a moment a filly again as she pressed a delighted kiss to the underside of his jaw. Ah, yes, their love was eternal and jubilant - nothing and no one could stop her heart from skipping a beat every single time she set eyes upon him.

Of course, her russet titan seemed to have other things on his mind, made clear by the sound of laughter ringing through his and her skulls. Although Oblivion deigned not to actually say anything, Scorch figured by the gleeful tone of his cackles that Hestoni had issued one of his threats again. Happy-go-lucky expression now firmly replaced with one of disdain (Boys!), Scorch rolled her eyes and settled down, concentrating on her son and husband's interaction instead of the way the demon's laughter made her skin absolutely crawl.

"Apparently you've made some impressions here too, son," Came her low tone as she cocked a brow suggestively at him. Though she needn't name her subject, she knew that Leilan's mind would fly to Breckin, the pretty leopard print mare living as a diplomat here in Nerine. "Prisoner or not, you're a damned flirt." The accusation came with an easy grin, foxy as all hell, cause she knew where he got it from - and it wasn't his father. Or at least, she didn't think he had - Hestoni had always presented as steadfast and stoic, whereas Scorch would take up the roles of wild and seductive. Well, as seductive as she could be; her husband never took much convincing...

AHEM.

Shaking her head, she rolled her eyes another time at Leilan's lame jab. "You're not too old to be put in time out mister," She joked, stepping forward and feigning a nip towards his sweet little nose. Smiling good naturedly, the once-absent mother settled into a hip and considered the most prominent men in her family these days. Figuring that if he'd been here just to see his father again, he'd have talked a little more in depth about it, the mare narrowed her eyes in his direction and decided to prompt him further.

"So... Why are you here, Leilan?"

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Leilan] @[Hestoni] <333333
    [Image: scorch2.png]

NIGHT WILL FALL AND DROWN THE SUN
    WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR

Although his threat is lessened by the touch of Scorch’s lips to his jawline, the laughter that echos in his mind almost sends the russet stallion in the demon’s direction, gun’s blazing. The thing had no right to push into the corners of his mind, let alone laugh at his threats. It is only in Nerine because Scorch has allowed it to be and it should be damn well happy to leave them alone with that knowledge in its mind.

Thankfully, his wife doesn’t scold the pair for their bantering but rather encourages. His own expression turns even more suggestive at the mention of possible Nerinian courtships, and another rumbling laugh leaves the depths of his chest. “It seems you’ve been getting around while your dear old dad has been out for the count.” The darkness of his eyes dances with amusement, even while he steps closer to Scorch to place a tender kiss to her forehead in greeting.

They’re a perfect pair — it’s undeniable to everyone — and while she might be the seduction of their coupling he is easily the romance.

Nonetheless, the question that Scorch voices had been in his own mind. While it’s nice for their children to visit, the pair both know that life is too busy for simple family visits unless they are accompanied with work relations. Leilan’s placement in Ischia allows for frequent trips to Nerine, but often those trips come with more responsibilities than simply bantering with the parents. The russet stallion turns his own brown gaze upon his son, curious to know the driving purpose behind his arrival.

Hestoni

@[Leilan] / @[Scorch]

Leilan
    If he's even seen Oblivion trailing behind his mother, obviously him and Leilan had without much words come to the understanding that the demon was not to be seen and heard, which in return spared they roan from the laughter that plagues his parents. They are quick to adapt, though; his father a little less maybe, but to be honest, Leilan knows how to distract them.

His mother's remark and his father slightly approving, amused tone would have to be disappointed, if they knew the whole truth. So far, the impressions he'd made must have been the one encounter, and although he likes the idea that he's apparently made an impression lasting enough for her to mention it to Scorch - but if he comes off in a good or a bad way he's not even sure - he shakes his head. "Sorry to disappoint, but that was a chance encounter way before Loess. Haven't seen any non-Loessian since. Don't know what she's been telling you though. Perhaps I did make an impression after all." There. That should bury her hopes of (more/legal) grandkids for a while. A short while, probably, but still. And legal... because heaven knows if one of his previous escapades beyond Beqanna have ever resulted in something lasting. It's probably best he doesn't know. He's quite sure he'd make a terrible father anyway.

It's probably good that Scorch knows how to get to the point. Hah, she must be dying to know what this is all about, he muses, and smiles at her knowingly. He's never been able to hide from her that there was something going on, but - oh, how he enjoys stalling to tell her just a bit to tease. Nevertheless, she's asked the outright question and even Hestoni looks at him curiously, so he shrugs, and tells them as jovially as he can bring it.

"Oh, well, I just thought I should go back to Loess."

-revives old thread-
    @[Scorch] @[Hestoni]
    super-late but here's that bomb he was about to drop (:
    |