• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One song from you - Breckin
    It feels as if the world is slowing spinning past them and the glare she holds is unyielding as she impatiently waits for his reply.  Loess  was a place she had never truly travelled within, merely skirting the edges when absolutely necessary.  The reputation the kingdom held was not a dark as Sylva, per se, but it was enough to raise some questions about what exactly their intentions were.  So when he mentioned the terrain offhandedly, an alarm had risen deep within the recesses of her mind, though her focus had been clouded by the surprising heat of Leilan's touch.

The way he reacts to her question initially is not what she had been expecting;  a laugh or smart remark--yes, watching him visibly deflate as though he might have expected something else-- no.  Brows raise in mild confusion before they rise higher in surprise at Leilan's answer.  A myriad of emotions flood her senses at the same time--sadness that he had to go through imprisonment, anger that she had been too busy to know anything about it and for Arthas to even initiate a steal, happiness that Leilan looked and sounded rather unscathed, and annoyance.  That final emotion was brought on by that stupidly cute smirk that followed after his admittance as if the whole happening was just a minor glitch in his life.  Narrowing her eyes, her glare hardens further, "Oh, is that all?"  A flick of her ink tipped tail against her barrel displays her agitation in a different light.  

I escaped, he says, as if that fixes everything and there was nothing to worry about.  But there was plenty of worrying for her to catch up on.  He could have been maimed or tortured for who knows how long exactly since he had managed to slip away.  Or she didn't want to even begin to imagine the worst case scenario of the scenario.  The image brings a sudden pang in her chest that travels to her gut and it's just enough to make her eyes soften and break away from his.  What would her world be like if Leilan was no longer a part of it?  She wouldn't, couldn't think of that possibility; it was too much for her to handle right now.

And just like that, a foreign all-encompassing feeling was beginning to blossom in her chest, spreading its warmth as it travelled throughout her.  She had wondered what it would feel like to have this kind of feeling for someone else, and truth be told it was exhilirating and unnerving and left her feeling weak, scared and powerless.  A horrible combination of feelings, she thought, as she struggled to find any words at all to break the fallen silence.  But nothing came to her in that passing moment and it was all she could do to turn her now glassy eyes back to him.  There would be no way of knowing how he felt unless she asked him directly, but she just couldn't bring that pressure upon him now so close to the release of his captivity.  She simply refused to put that burden upon him.

"I'm glad you're safe," she says quietly with a smile tainted with resolute sadness.  A quick step brings her closer to him, and she at last places the lightest kiss upon his jawline before withdrawing a few paces backwards.  As she begins her retreat she finds her voice once more, "I should probably be going, I've strayed from my duties for too long now..."

@[Leilan]

Okay sooo, Breckin had a little bomb dropped on her right now and she discovered a certain emotion wayyyyy sooner than what I was intending, but it just wrote so well to me I couldn't stop it. XD  So I left the ending open ended in case Leilan wanted to stop her or just let her go brood over her complicated mess she just discovered haha

Messages In This Thread
    One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 05-26-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-26-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 05-29-2018, 08:32 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 05-30-2018, 02:51 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-23-2018, 08:52 AM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-23-2018, 05:39 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Leilan - 06-23-2018, 06:18 PM
    RE: One song from you - Breckin - by Breckin - 06-24-2018, 07:44 PM