• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

See right through my walls / Gedrinth, any
    I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
    Ilma

It’s been a while since Ilma felt this whole - even if temporary, even if her life and emotions have more ups and downs than through any normal, happy pregnancy. And it is good that Gedrinth asked about her home; she realizes that she loves it more than anything, despite what happened up one of those mountains recently. Despite her numbness lasting since fall, despite her cracking once or twice and failing to stop the sobbing. She has friends here, good friends, that help her out of the water to keep her from drowning. That let her cry when she wants to, though she does not often want. That help her move on. That give her a purpose in life and something to live for.

It is exactly this that Gedrinth reminds her of, the pinto lady is pleasant to talk with and when she agrees that staying out of a conflict is her preferred method to deal with it, Ilma already knows that the sanctuary kingdom is the one that fits her best. Only their ally Tephra would be a worthy competitor; that is if Gedrinth would be a fan of ash and flame.

She nods to the answers she gets from the silver grulla. ”I’m sure you’ll love it,” she tells her. And with that, it’s settled, and they start the trek through the forest and riverlands (Ilma does not dare venture through Loess these days). She’s usually not taking the longer walk, only once did she do this to bring her daughter to the Playgrounds and she could check up on the adoption den. No foals in need where there at that moment, but at least Tähti had had a head full of stories about a purple girl out there she played with.

When they finally reach the borders on the northeastern side of the kingdom, it’s late afternoon. ”It is a long trek, I know,” she tells her new friend. ”But definitely worth it, I think.” She whinnies then, to let her presence be known, inviting the residents to come and meet their new friend.

don't let the fear of flying stop you from falling

@[Gedrinth]
    @[Kagerus]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Gedrinth smiled and followed the alabaster mare. Her own brown gaze settled on the pathway, watching carefully where the mare was headed. She closed her eyes for a moment after a while into the journey. Wishing, longing even for the mountain air.

Her eyes opened again once she realized she was falling behind, loosing sight of the snow colored mare. Tossing her head, she trotted to Ilma to catch up. And that's when she saw it-

Hyaline.

The beauty of the place caught her breathless. The snow capped mountains, the lake in the middle of the valley. It was all astonishing.

Gedrinth's ears were the only part of her that shifted, everything else stayed focused on the beautiful land. "It's deffinately worth it." she whispered.

The wing one's whinny slightly started her, but only very slight. She then snapped herself out of the trance and whinnied, following her guide and recruiter's lead. Now they knew Ilma had not only returned -- But had brought a new member with her. She actually felt half guilty joining a group before winter hit hard.

@[Kagerus] @[Ilma]
    Gedrinth | Mare | Age 4 | Hyaline| No Rank | Unknown Parents
    Frea | Mare | Age 13 | Wandering | Loner | Fart (Call) x Rea (Tinsel)
    Kwazi | Stallion | Age 15 | Loner | Unknown Parents
    Enchida | Mare | Age Unknown | Carnage(Cassi) x Hoxepin(Taz) | (No Account, yet)

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    =Winter has hit more than hard, but we are already halfway through it's mighty cold. For a queen consort, I am appearing rather shaggy these days, the thick fur atop my skin looking a little out of place against my refined Arabian bone structure. But it's not a big deal, or even a deal at all; I'm not worried about my appearance, but rather about my duties.

I am making my way towards the south of the kingdom, intent on finding a recruit to bring home, when a whinny rings out across the sparkling white hills. Ilma. My ears perk curiously towards her, wondering who she is looking for today; she's been out a little more as the months pass, becoming more and more like her old self. I never expect her to be more than what she is every day though; as the one who held her sopping body that day after the Incident, I expect nothing of her. Any part of her that she is willing to share is a gift.

We've been through some things together, her and I. Somehow, pregnancies are always involved - damn the men.

When a second whinny echoes the first in a tone I do not recognize, I make up my mind and swivel my path. Feeling light-hearted and frisky (a particular queen's loving embrace not far from my memory), I gallop across the small hills, feeling the cool wind pull through the long strands of my mane and tail. Grinning despite my usual stoicism, I can't help but feel as if everything will be okay now: even if it really, really won't be.

Upon spotting the pair (the new one first, considering her darker complexion), I pull up to a canter and then to a full halt before them, snorting and huffing from my run. Vapours rise in tufts from my flared nostrils, and an easy smile colours my expression. "Hello!" I venture, stepping to Ilma and nuzzle her cheek affectionately before pivoting to extend my nose for an exchange of breath with the new comer. "I am Kagerus, welcome to Hyaline."

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
    Ilma

Ilma smiles at Gedrinth when she first agreed it is worth the trek - and seems breathless for a while, stunned by the beauty of the image that follows - and this smile widens when the pinto mare repeats the whinny, to make sure everybody knows that someone is with Ilma, and here to visit.

They don’t have to wait long for one of the residents to appear - perhaps Kagerus was already on her way to the border, either to go out or to patrol instead of Solace (she’s pregnant with twins after all and Ilma believes that would take up more energy than her own pregnancy). Speaking of whom, she hasn’t sean or spoken to the queen in awhile; but she knows that the cerulean-winged mare is okay, otherwise Kag would definitely have been more upset and smell less like the woman she spends every night with.

She greets her spotted bay friend similarly as she her, then looks to the grulla pinto. ”I brought Gedrinth with me today, from the field. Gedrinth, this is Kagerus, our queen’s partner.” Because that seems the only logical word, to describe the one that Solace is leaning on for support to lead them.

don't let the fear of flying stop you from falling

@[Gedrinth]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Gedrinth of Hyaline
    template by punki of adoxography
    ALL OF LIFE IS PEAKS AND VALLEYS
    @[Kagerus]
    Gedrinth smiles, plumes of moisture escaping in her breath. The young mare looked over the frozen terra, knowing that this winter would likely strike hard. Her mind was captivated, her heart was hooked. She would stay, and for good.

The next creature she meets is a messy mare, named Kagerus. She eyes her down a bit, knowing she was one of the -- what was the word? Oh yeah -- caretakers. The gruella opens her mouth, about to introduce herself, but Ilma is swift to do so.

Gedrinth's smile returns. "It's a lovely land, Kagerus." she said, meaningfully. "I told Ilma that I'd really like to meet you. I thought I'd only be staying for a bit, but now that I'm here, and your land's beliefs are so much like mine, I think I'll stay. At least, as long as I feel like I'm being useful and welcomed." she added.

Enchida | Mare | Age Unknown | Carnage(Cassi) x Hoxepin(Taz) | (No Account, yet)

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    I brought Gedrinth with me today, from the field. My eyes go over the gorgeously covered mare with a genuine smile as Ilma dutifully introduces us. She's receptive to my greeting, exchanging breath with me easily. All in all, before she even says a word, I find myself liking this mare that Ilma has managed to bring home. Hopefully, that's how she will see Hyaline: as home.

And, magically, the very first words I hear out of the pinto's mouth are exactly that. She'd not been sure of herself at first, but after seeing the land and hearing our mission statement - her mind had changed. My head tosses with wordless glee at this, totally fulfilled with the knowledge that we've yet another soul coming to appreciate this land and the gifts it lends to Beqanna. Fluttering in the breeze, my deep brown forelock barely contains the happiness shimmering in my nutmeg eyes.

"Your presence ensures your usefulness, and if your beliefs are like ours, then you will always be welcome, Gedrinth." My hoof scuffs against the frozen terra, quietly musing. "Do you have an interest in particular in kingdom duties? You seem driven and intelligent. The diplomatic caste would benefit from one such as you - but perhaps battling is your forte." Ever the let's-get-everyone-working queen, I settle into a hip with a smile, awaiting the mare's response patiently.

@[Ilma] @[Gedrinth]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Gedrinth is quick to tell them that having seen this, added to the words Ilma had given her earlier that day, she wants to stay for as long as she can be put to use. The white winged mare smiles a little askew, awaiting her Queen Consort's answer. She agrees silently that, as long as their ideas are aligned, the grulla pinto is always welcome, welcome home.

Kagerus gets in an answer first, and continues the conversation to ask what the mare might be interested in. While Ilma agrees that Gedrinth would be intelligent enough for a diplomatic way of life, she does not want to withhold her the other possibilities. "Or none, or both," she adds with a knowing smile - Kagerus had switched, after all, before being Queen Consort she had been Protector, and before that had held Ilma's position of Ambassador - truly sometimes one might benefit from switching roles or, trying all before settling. Ilma does not feel like a rank should be forced on anyone either; let Gedrinth apprentice in what she liked, or perhaps wait and see what such life would mean to her. All well and good with the white one.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kagerus]
    @[Gedrinth]
    Gedrinth of Hyaline
    template by punki of adoxography
    ALL OF LIFE IS PEAKS AND VALLEYS
    @[Kagerus] | @[Ilma]
    Her white splotches grow and spread as she stands there, listening to her new Queen's words, then to Ilma's. The snow settled gently down on her back, and the fae let a small shake, causing flakes to fly off.

A slight smile appeared on her face, as her maw opened to answer gently. "I would hope that there is an availability in the Diplomat Caste, I think that's something I'd enjoy doing. It would also keep me busy and feeling fulfilled." she said simply.

Her vivid blue gaze, surrounded by her own contrasting white face, looked between Kagerus and Ilma. "Are there any other names I should learn to recognize?"

OOC: Sorry about being so late with the post. D: Life got way to crazy between helping in a friends wedding, another friend having a baby and my own family moving at the same time. xD Anyway, life toned down (for the moment) and Posting should be back to normal now!