• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It comes and goes [open to any]
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    Although her childhood was not spent in Nerine, Wishbone finds deep admiration for the northern kingdom in the soft corners of her heart. She’s spent an equal amount of time in both Nerine and Tephra at this point in her life — a year in each kingdom — and she would protect either of them with her very life-force. Tephra contains all the nostalgia of her youth (including her parents, nestled warmly against the volcano’s trembling sides) while Nerine contains all the delirious possibilities of the future (including the new friendships she’s made, racing along the granite shores).

This coastal kingdom is not her native land, but it has quickly become her home. Kingdoms have an interesting way of doing that — pulling individuals away from whispering calls into something powerful and loud and fierce. It lends them their uniqueness, their diversity, and their strength. Kingdoms can draw together souls from all walks of life and tie them into something both beautiful and well-oiled.

She can sense his mistrust, however faint it might be, but the mahogany girl knows she can only prove her loyalty through her actions. Warrick had taught her that a leader can speak until their throat runs dry but if their words do not breathe true life, they are simply wasting air. So Wishbone pushes past the faint shimmer in his gaze and instead locks his name away to memory, certain she’s never seen this white stallion before but hellbent on making sure she will see him again.

“Have you been in Nerine long, Ardashir?” Her amber eyes search his face for a moment, nearly calculating yet entirely warm, before turning to search the skies above. The heavens have been scrubbed clean by the winds, allowing for a spring-blue sky unhampered by the patterns of clouds. The clear skies allow for the sun to shine brightly, warming Wishbone’s mahogany back as she stands in the light. “There will be a storm tonight.” While there are no rain-clouds in sight, an undercurrent of electricity thrums faintly in the air. It’s the type of energy that intoxicates Wishbone, sending vibrations of invigorating excitement through her body.

When her eyes turn away from the skies and back to Ardashir’s face, there’s a dangerously animated expression in them. “I can practically taste it in the air… It always makes me want to do something totally insane.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Ardashir]

Messages In This Thread
    It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 05-26-2018, 11:25 AM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 05-26-2018, 12:35 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 05-26-2018, 09:11 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 06-05-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-08-2018, 08:42 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-30-2018, 07:38 PM