• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It comes and goes [open to any]
    Ardashir
    Ard’s early life was spent in Nerine. There was a short stint in the adoption den, but a day in the den could not be counted as a long stay. The sea kingdom had been a welcoming place. He had learned all the names of those that lived there at one time. He had played with his mother and a few other foals. The stallions adoptive mother had disappeared though the winged mare drifting to some other land perhaps. So, Ard had learned to take care of himself and tried to make himself useful to the kingdom. He had ventured to the forest a couple times, maybe the meadow once. He could not be sure. The white stag had been to Hyaline once on a diplomatic trip. All that had been requested of him was to start the conversation and then stand. He had done so but, then again he might have failed.

The sea had taken what it wanted from the stallion as well. He had paid a price for not respecting those deeper places. The scars on his legs and under belly were faint but those lines of pink still stood out against his ivory coat. They were not earned in battle or fights for his kingdom. He had been dragged into the sea. The stallion relaxed his frame enough to look friendly. He was not any sort of threat to anyone, but he was not a push over either. He put out his mistrust in the little bay filly. Ard let that energy of calm and friendliness wash over him and maybe spread to the filly.

She was not there to anger him nor, to poke fun at him. She had simply wandered into this place as he had done a few years ago. He listened to her as she asked her question. “ I have been here since I was brought here by my adoptive mother.” He answered in that new calm demeanor. “ How about you?” He asked her and then flicked his ears a couple times as she started talking about a storm. He turned his head and lifted his nose to the wind and looked to the sky with his blue eyes. He took a deep breath in flaring his nostrils. The white stag lowered his nose and looked to the filly,  “ Could be. Do you like to watch the weather Wishbone?”

He took his own notes and stored them away for use later. He noted the look on the fillies face and leaned his head to the side slightly, “ Better than I at knowing what is coming but, with the lack of any large clouds and how warm it is. I have to take your word for it.” A chuckle passed his lips and he shifted on his feet a moment, “ What would you do?” He looked to the bay filly, “ Nothing dangerous I hope.”  
    The blue in an ocean of gray..

@[Wishbone]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Messages In This Thread
    It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 05-26-2018, 11:25 AM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 05-26-2018, 12:35 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 05-26-2018, 09:11 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 06-05-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-08-2018, 08:42 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Ardashir - 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM
    RE: It comes and goes [open to any] - by Wishbone - 06-30-2018, 07:38 PM