• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

Isobell has always been the only woman that the kelpie could not fully win over. No matter how carefully phrases his requests or how charming he is, the ocean-dwelling lady has the audacity to tell him ‘no’. Sometimes it is about small things (like the time she had refused to let him take Lothbrok hunting until he was ‘old enough’, for example. No matter how persuasively Ivar argued that 'old enough to walk is old enough to hunt’, Isobell refused to let him take their two-month-old son shark-hunting. Sometimes it is about larger things (No Ivar, you can’t have both me and Heda. No Ivar, I won’t leave Nerine for you).

She continues to have her own opinion, and refuses to give in to him. At times it is infuriating and he considers further attempts to leave her on the sea floor. Somehow, those times always end up being his favorite times as well (he is quite sure that both their children were the result of make-up sex, after all). There is an inexplicable connection between the two creatures, a connection forged beneath a full moon not unlike the one now overhead. She’d sunk beneath the waves and had survived, and the water had changed her. The water, and Ivar, and perhaps some of the magic that permeates every atom of their world.

Ivar remembers the first time he’d truly seen her as she climbs out of the water ahead of him. Her lovely neck had been bloody and her sides bruised from his firm grip. He’d though her dead till she emerged from the sea, and the emotion he feels as she climbs onto the River bank is all-but-identical.

She is with Lothbrok, who Ivar greets with a shared breath and a quick hug, but his attention is always focused on Isobell. She is more beautiful than he had remembered, lithe and lovely, and stretched wide with his children. There is a primal satisfaction in the sight, and the internal kelpie rumbles happily as he approaches Isobell. A moment before he reaches out to embrace her he hesitates, his dark gaze searching for something in her pewter eyes.

making those promises that i could not keep
    in my dark times, baby this is all i could be

Messages In This Thread
    bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Isobell - 05-27-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-27-2018, 07:53 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-27-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 05-28-2018, 02:12 PM
    RE: bottom of the deep blue sea; ivar - by Ivar - 07-01-2018, 05:30 PM