• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Drip drip drop [ Open to any]
    The seasons had been kind to the mare. Well, maybe not all of them. Winter was the hardest time. Spring meant new life though and a time to start putting on what was lost over the cold months. The turning of the seasons also meant babies were being born as well. The elk herd was gaining new members replenishing those that were lost to the snow or to the predators that stalked the woods and grasslands. The calves ran around in their small social groups. The mothers grazing taking in what they needed to care for their young.

This was the place that Moon had chosen to live. She followed the herd. The mare was out of place among the smaller elk. She blamed that on her ancestry. But, her size could help at times seeing a large shire mare among the elk might scare off a wolf or two at times. Moon was laying in the longer spring grass as a couple of calves ran around her and another climbed up her back and jumped of a moment later with a playful bleat. The mare was napping. She did not mind if she was climbed on and used as a living jungle gym from time to time.

Her ears flickered a couple times. The black and red markings of her permanent paint stains standing out against that white gray coat. The itch to shed her winter coat was gone as she had shed most of it over the last couple months. The mare was enjoying her time just laying in the sun soaking in the warm rays. The herd around her making little noise other than a few bleats here and there. A couple cows reared up boxing each other. Moons mane and tail were thick and bushy with few tangles. The walks in the forest paths kept the tangles down as branches from trees sometimes clawed them out.

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The last two seasons had been a little less kind for the roaned bay stallion. He'd been a prisoner, and prisoners are simply not allowed to do much, and it's exactly that which will always get him nervous, edgy, or otherwise on his toes. No, he didn't like it. In the end, he'd been snarky at everyone even daring to make comments on Ischia, or the fact that he was indeed a prisoner, so they were probably all lucky that he had gotten out.

Well, he had it timed excellently of course. With not too many men about and one of the two women nearing childbirth or even already in labour (who happened to be their best tracker) one could say it would be easy enough. Still, he had to await the time in the forest, until he was able to come forward to claim his freedom and frankly it was a time full of nervousness.

So now he took every single opportunity to visit the common lands, or anyone really. And when his stocky-bred form stumbled upon a herd of elk, he wasn't surprised, what with it being spring and all. What did surprise him was the form of a white mare between them. Stopping in his tracks which would have taken him around the herd, he tilted his head at the mare. Surely a draft breed like his own mother, but shining white like a moon (markings excluded). He always dares to approach a mare, of course, and so he steps forward boldly. "Good day, miss. May I know how it seems that you are herding the elk?" It was a curious thing, after all.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Moonfeather] Hello to all the single ladies! (;
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Had not joined a kingdom, and had not been claimed by a stallion. The grey white mare wiggled her ears a couple times and snorted before rolling in the grass. She had met a couple horses from time to time a mare a couple years ago, or was it only a year ago? There had been a wolf pup as well. Moon lifted her head from the grass as some words drifted her way. The mare rolled up from her lying position. She looked up at the stallion as he stepped forward in a bold manner. The elk calves around her high tailing back to their respective mothers.

She looked at the stallion a moment longer before starting to her feet. A light grunt passing her lips as she stood and shook off before answering him. “ Good day to you as well.” Her voice was a bit gravel filled as she had been silent for a while now. It smoothed out though as she answered the stallion’s question. “ Was I herding them?” She asked and looked around a moment. “ I thought I was just taking a nap among them.” A light chuckling tone was added to the last part, “ If anything they herd me around. Or, is it that I just follow them around like some love sick filly?”

Moon shook her frame once more before relaxing a bit. The stallion before her did not seem to be a threat at the moment. The mare took a moment to let her green eyes take in the stallion’s form. Fall and winter had seemed to take a bit more from the one in front of her. Moon was not the picture of perfection though. She still needed to put some more meat on her bone but, she was not skin and bones. The silver bay was not in terrible shape though, and the season was early. The mare was not one to judge others. “ How does the season go for you?” She asked and swung that bushy tail of hers once or twice.

@[Leilan] Greetings from an awkward mare!

Leilan
    The roan and gold doesn’t mind looking a slight bit thinner than usual, sure to add some weight to his self soon. Loess could have been worse - it’s the constant looking over his shoulder for a week that had him haunted, but no more. He’s up and about and ready to win hearts, or so he tells himself.

The mare intrigues him. She’s a stocky build, and when she stands she’s even taller than he, though obviously female still. He smiles at her well-thought answer, he has to give in there. ”Perhaps you are being herded, and I should follow your example or face the wrath of the herd stag.” he grins, trotting into closer proximity to answer the question without feeling he needs to shout at her. ”Could have been worse, should be better soon. But where have my manners gone - I am Leilan. Might I catch your name too, oh lovesick one?” he wonders.

@[MoonFeather] hope the tag works this time xP
    |
    Ivory painted mare shook her frame after standing the dead grass, and random sticks falling from her coat. The roan stallion was looking her over. Moon looked over the stallion as well with his roan coloring and those shades of gold in his mane and tail. Moon took note of his own draft lineage that had mingled with other horse types.

Moon moved her ears back and forward in a perplexed manner as the stallion spoke. She was just a little confused, then again the mare had been alone for a while now. She might have just not been used to hearing another speak. He came closer as he spoke about the Herd stag. “ I guess if you are willing to. And, I am sure he would challenge you if I was a worthy prize to him.” The  shire lady took a moment to look around the area. The herd around them was mostly cows and their calves from last year. The larger bulls would gather closer to the herds as the rut grew near.

He called her love sick and offered up his name. Moon flicked her ears forward to attention and answered him, “ I am called MoonFeather. You make an interesting speaking companion Leilan. How do you think I am love sick?” She asked him and rolled her hips shifting the balance of weight from one of her back legs to the other. “ Or, it is you that are love sick and looking for something akin to that feeling of love?”

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    The mare responds to him very seriously. She copies his watching behaviour, but she has every right, he's a pretty handsome guy after all, he knows that. However when he addressed her, she seemed a little confused. Also, she didn't seem to catch up with what he was saying, but that was all right. He had a pretty white mare to talk to for today.

He closed in on her and assumed a regular talking distance, plus one step. He always does, to be honest; he likes to be a little closer. But no more than that, otherwise they always seem to get awkward and want to get away. Some do so immediately, others get nervous and try not to admit it. He's not sure what she will do, but when he talks about facing the herd stag, she says she's not a worthy prize to him, although not with so many words. Hmm. "His loss, then." he shrugs.

Her name then, is MoonFeather. He cocks his head a little, nods then. It seemed fitting. Her question proves however, that whatever joke he'd tried to make earlier failed miserably. "You just said you were following this herd around like a lovesick filly, did you not?" he tells her. He hates to have to break it to her, but that's better than leaving her in the dark and getting even worse confused looks. "But I guess you could call me lovesick too." he muses, a suddenly more serious expression to his face. His last meeting with Breckin didn't go so well, he'd said something that had upset her greatly, and he wasn't sure what it was. Why were women so hard to understand? Sure, for a day or two, he was always able to charm a lady - but when it came to long-term, he knew absolutely nothing. But he sure as hell wasn't going to ask his father about it. Hell no.

@[MoonFeather]
    |
    Swung her tail around a moment as she had to think back on what she had said now. She tilted her eyes up and to the right as she thought back and with a long sigh lowered her head. “ I did say that.” She shook her head a little. “ I am sorry that I had forgotten that. Seems I am just a bit of an air head today.” Moon took note of just how close he had come to her but, the stallion had the sense to give her enough personal bubble space. Moon’s nostrils twitched some as she took in the stallions scent.

He mentioned that he might have been the love sick one. The scent of the stallion gave away little about him, other than he was a roamer. The painted mare was a rough as well. She did not stick to one place for long and that is how she liked it for now. “ So, what makes you so love sick?” She asked him. “ Do you not have a horde of mares following you around?” She had seen a couple stallions here and there in her travels and they seemed to either be chatting up a lady or two or being followed around by them. “ I hope I do not sound rude. I have just never spend much time in the company of stallions.

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    He grins, and shakes his head. "No need to be sorry." he shrugs then, and notices her take up his scent. His numerous explorations to the common lands might mark him the wanderer that he is more than he would be called a true inhabitant of the tropical islands to the north where Brennen has housed the Brotherhood. But it would not matter to a mare who is more of this elk herd than that she is of a kingdom, anyway.

His remark on being the lovesick one doesn't go unnoticed, and he scolds himself internally for making it so obvious. He coughs out a short laugh when she asks about hordes of mares following him around. He might be handsome, he'd still have to work for it. "I don't think they can stand me long enough for that. However, I'd never object to such." he winks at her, but lets his cheeky grin fade into a more generous smile after that. "I've spent a lifetime around mares, but that doesn't mean I know all about them. Each one's different so far." he tells her. Perhaps, had she spent more time with other mares than with the elk, she would have known that, but right now he's not sure if she does. But perhaps he can help her out, at least. "While you're being rude, anything in particular you'd like to know about?" he wonders. Mayhaps there's been a question she's long wanted to ask. He's here now anyway, and although he knows other ways to spend time with a mare, it does not seem that that would be the case today either way. So why the hell not get serious about her questions and see if they both can gain something of this strange meeting?

@[MoonFeather]
    |