• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the stars that guide us [Nataliya]
    The journey from the Field to Nerine proves to be rather uneventful, and honestly Breckin is whole-heartedly grateful.  All of Beqanna was becoming well aware of the shifting and rise of darkened tides.  There was gossip and murmurings aplenty, stemming out of paranoia and most likely with some truths scattered about.  It put the young mare on guard during her travels, always listening and watching for anything straying from the normalcies of everyday life.  No doubt there could be surprises, but that was something Breckin had resolved to deal with whenever she came to that bridge.  There was no sense in stirring anxiety up without good cause.

A gentle sigh of relief pushes it way through her charcoal lips as her limbs finally cross into the familiarity of Nerine.  Looking back to her travel companion, she offers a reassuring smile.  "You'll have to forgive me for begging you to keep silent as we travelled.  Usually I am all for pleasant conversation, but some of the territories we had to cross to get here harbor folk who hold questionable morals.  It's best not to draw attention to yourself if you can help it.  Sweeping her head back across the coastal landscape of Nerine, her smile broadens.  "Welcome to Nerine, Nataliya. Welcome home."

@[Nataliya] @[Scorch]
    The silence of the journey is unfamiliar to Nataliya. She is used to conversations and laughter, so having to stay silent for fear of attracting unsavory horses unnerves her. She's just glad they've arrived in Nerine safe and sound. "It's okay, I'd rather not draw the attention of bad horses either." Looking around her, Nataliya is in awe at the landscape - the cliffs and caves, the coasts, the fine grey sand. "Wow," she breathes. "It's beautiful." The bay mare breaks into a huge smile, giving Breckin's shoulder a friendly nudge with her muzzle. "I'm glad I can call Nerine home. It already seems like such a wonderful place."