• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin

I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    The winds that dance across the turquoise waters are no cooler than the heavy spring air, but even their gentle movement is pleasant. A few stray hairs, not locked into cords or dried stiff by the sun, blow across his dark neck, a tickling sensation that causes him to shake his head to clear them away. The kelpie opens his eyes as well, and happens to catch a flick of movement at the edge of his line of vision.

Ivar turns, already catching her scent across the water, and his amber eyes fix on Kylin. The pale edges of his mouth turn up into a half smile, but he waits for her to approach him rather than meet her halfway. A wise choice, he thinks, pressing his muzzle into er shoulder as she leans her neck against his. The lavender mare smells of salt, and her skin is warmed by the sun and the heat of her heartbeat, pattering against his ear until he pulls away to meet her eyes.

“You look different,” Ivar says as he catches her hazel gaze, gesturing to her sleek sides with a teasing grin. An improvement, the kelpie thinks, no longer weighed down with someone else's burden. He does not ask where the child is. He does not truly care, though a stray hope that it might have been lost to a riptide does cross his mind. He finds nothing contradictory in that thought and the tender way he smoothes the two-toned forelock from Kylin's eyes.

Laden with the smell of flowers, a playful breeze whips past them.

“Do you remember the flowers you showed me on my first visit?” He asks quietly. Ivar doesn't really expect an answer; he is just enjoying the way the soft hairs of her ear feel against his lips. “I think this island has more of them than the main island. So we'll probably have to move.” Ivar is teasing, but he still drags it out, waiting for a reaction. The lavender and white mare is so easily flustered, and Ivar thinks that perhaps kissing her back to contentment might make this bright afternoon slightly more enjoyable.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

it has only been two days! you are not late at all <3
    @[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin - by Ivar - 06-02-2018, 04:04 PM