• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Although my softer side had shown as I grovelled to Brennen about the err of my ways in regards to Karat (though truly there was none as at the time of the steal we hadn't been allied), when Klaudius decided to come in like a tropical storm, any abashed I'd had melted away. By Beqannan law, Karat was mine and Ischia's prisoner for a year's term; he had not the power to simply swoop her away.

And when one as I'm patrolling the borders, a grey-and-purple figure crosses the channel, something in my heart hardens.

I'd had a boyish crush, and yes, I'd grossly misused it. But to think that, even after hearing what Brennen had to say about returning him herself, Karat had the audacity to try and escape... It solidified my feelings towards her. And though my public chastisement had burned, hearing the exchange between Tephran and Ischian King had been like a balm upon the wound. Watching her depart ripped it back open, however.

Allowing her time to get quite some ways ahead of me as I coast along the thermals above the main island, I begin to track her from that distance as she meanders rather directionlessly. Hadn't she paid attention when I brought her over? Couldn't she see Tephra in the distance from Ischia? But these questions are idle and though I feel like I may be sick, I know that there's no sense in prolonging this and giving her hope that her escape attempt will be successful.

Dipping down, I land softly in front of her, not meeting her gaze. Blocking her path, I gesture for her to turn around with my horn. "Come on, Karat," I mutter. "Brennen said he'd take you home, and you gotta trust that. Besides. You know we can't just let you slip away." And so, wordless, we return to Ischia.

Escape attempt blocked

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Karat - 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Trekori - 05-30-2018, 11:26 AM