• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\
    Karat
    Blood is Thicker than Water

With her optics sealed tightly and soft chanting filled her ears, she did not hear them approach.  The earthy armor that wrapped her tightly soothed her fears somewhat, but it was a voice that cooed her name that renewed her vision. "Kwartz?" she barely whispers at what could be a figment of her imagination before her.  She hadn't seen her brother in years.  When she realizes he is real, tears begin to fill her eyes.  Beginnings of the pooled, salty liquid, trail down her cheek as she nearly lunges forward to embrace her sibling. She had been waiting months for this moment, to feel the touch of her family once again. "I should have never went with him Kwartz. I should have stayed with my family..." She sobs as her vision blurs.  With her head at his shoulder, she presses into him.  The warmth of his body was even more soothing than the armor she had fashioned.  "I wanna go home. Can you take me home please?" she whimpers to him.

Her teary eyes don't stop her from noticing a glow coming towards them.  It looked like the lava streams of Tephra and for a brief moment she believes she is home.  It is only when another voice, more harsh and demanding, calls her name that she looks from the hypnotizing flicker of flame.  The sight she turns to find is one of memory and one she wishes not to relive.  Suddenly anger boils within her as she turns to face the golden pinto.  "Go away Kori!! You left me remember?! You took me from my home, my family.  You promised me lies and then you left ME!," she shouts angrily.  Bittered and scorned, her emotions flood her like a giant wave from the sea.  More tears, hurt tears, fill her eyes again as she stares at him with a hardened gaze.  Even as he approaches, horn lowered to motion her forwards, her limbs remain planted in the mucky soils. "You'll have to drag me back cuz I ain't movein'!" She snorts in protest.  

@[Trekori] @[Kwartz] @[Phoebus] Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Karat - 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Karat - 05-30-2018, 12:54 PM