• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

She screams like the child I finally see she is, and it makes me sad. I'd had a childish love for Karat, but as she stands indignant, crying, and unmoving, I feel nothing, not even remorse for the lies I have told. Although I might be emotionally in the wrong, lawfully, I am in the right.

"I will not harm you," Comes my voice, tired and worn out after this girl's flare for melodrama. "However I will stay with you until you decide to accompany me back. I have lawfully blocked your escape attempt, and you must return with me eventually. For now, I'll remain here, for as long as I am with you, you are a prisoner of Ischia." I take a step away, and then turn my eyes towards her one last time. "The longer you draw this out, the longer it will take Brennen to bring you home. Don't be stupid, Karat. You and your father have made this more of a mess than it needed to be."

Drawing into the shadows, I ignore whatever the others coming to the girl have to say to me. Eventually, Karat will have to give in, and when she does, I will accompany her back to Ischia. Until then, I have naught to say.

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Karat - 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Trekori - 05-30-2018, 01:09 PM