• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello to high and dry - anyone
    The patter of little feet does not worry me; these woods are full of animals. I like watching the squirrels as they race up and down the thick trunks, and the deer as they leap gracefully across the stream. When I open my eyes, I do not expect to find an animal so close, but my blue mouth splits into a delighted smile at the little fox that has joined me in the sunlight. They tend to stay in the shadows, I've noticed, and I take the opportunity to look more closely at her russet fur and dark little feet.

I am startled when the fox suddenly speaks, and my smiles darkens immediately to become a frown. Talking animals are not animals at all, I know. They are shifters, their true form hidden in the shape of another. Is this some trick, designed to lull me into a false sense of security? The fox is looking up at the sky though, not at me, and the day is too lovely for me to let it be spoiled so early by paranoia.

"Not really," I reply, "Just enjoying the sunshine."

I regret my decision as I hear another voice ring out, but a swift turn of my head reveals that it is just a small foal. What is he doing here, without his mother? These woods are not safe. I peer into the shadows behind him, but he seems to be alone. I am not certain if that worries me more or less.

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - anyone - by Lepis - 05-31-2018, 02:32 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Merida - 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Rajanish - 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Lepis - 06-01-2018, 10:11 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Merida - 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Rajanish - 06-11-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - anyone - by Lepis - 06-17-2018, 10:10 PM