• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm curious.
    Arthas is actually a character in world of warcraft who is an asshole and so that was the basis for Arthas. And then as I play him I further develop ^^
    Nolin
    Sabrina|Serabi|Vita

I have not based Jesper off of anything in particular. I guess I have not tried to give it any thought. Regardless, I do not strive to make him like anything I know.

I think of Jesper as a knight in some regards: noble, polite, loyal and courageous.

But, he is also not like a knight. I think I let him develop himself. Definitely had in mind from the get-go that I wanted him to think and behave as a fox would. His [fox-shifting] is one of the main reasons I chose him from PMP. Foxes are symbolic to me for a few reasons. 

In summary, I think Jesper is a strong blend of several elements. I can see some of myself in him but, really, I let a mix of his genetics, history and, in-char interactions/experiences shape him. And, he is not completely developed either! <3
    Jesper | Juice | Velk
    What a cool idea for a thread! I've never really thought about where other might draw their inspiration from. For me, it's usually music that I listen to or characters in books that I enjoy. For example, Vulgaris is based on a lot of older music by mewithoutYou, namely their album Catch for Us the Foxes, whereas Larva was based on Daisy by Brand New. Fleshlip was and Jenova are based on characters like Himari from Mawaru Penguindrum or Tamara from The Devil's Carnival.

I love making my characters suffer regardless of their moral alignment, though.
    I love reading this thread xD

Myself, I usually am inspired by all of the above. Raj takes after his carried trait, Ilma is my soft side and Leilan my funny side. Tähti’s trait inspired her wild thing-side but she also takes after Ilma, lol. Kyveli and Maiko I still have to develop but I’m leaning to my form of bitchiness and sassiness with them (Kyvi the sassy princess yay) but WE’LL SEE.

They sometimes have a mind of their own, like Radar said Smile They develop from what happens to them, too. So it actually also depends on you guys! Big Grin
    Whew. This is a fun thread! I’ve always wondered this as well.

My main character, that has now passed on, Diable Rouge, was created right around the time I started listening to The Wonder Years (my favorite band). I was an angsty teen and I liked the music, so I decided to base him off the lead singer (who is a red head, lmfao). Eventually though (especially as I played him here), he became a lot more like Alexander Hamilton from the musical “Hamilton.” Even their backstories matched (no father, mother died, and eventually his son Krigare died too).

As for characters I have now, it’s a long story. Morty is based off Pennywise and my own personal demons (I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder at 18). He is, to me, a representation of myself when I feel “crazy” (unpredictable, violent, confused, chaotic). This is also why he seems to “switch” his personality (sometimes he’s just dark, brooding, and other times he a maniac). People dislike him in the BQ world, which was the goal, because I feel like people dislike me in the real world. But since playing him, I feel like my mental disorder has been more “tamed” if you will. He’s a way to let out the things that haunt me. Abra is loosely based off this concept as well, save for the fact she’s reveals a more loving side.

Phoebus is my “knight in shining armor” type of character. He’s based off of my brother - temperamental, hard-headed, but overall loving and eager to please. This wasn’t the original goal, but somehow I just find myself getting muse for him when I really miss my big brother.

Zephyr was created because of my anxiety. Her original blindness is a metaphor for the things anxiety makes you feel (even though it’s maybe not real, maybe you can’t see it). When she went on the Carnage quest, I really put her (and myself) to the test. She had her uterus ripped out (symbolism for infertility), her body scarred (symbolism for my own emotional and physical scars), and the brand of Deimos (god of fear) around her eye (symbolism for my own fear). Then, she sacrificed herself for love (which is how I felt for years. That I was sacrificing my true self to be “in love”). She ended up just writing herself from that point on.

Embark is the sweeter, more sensitive side of me. When I write her, I think of my niece, Everly. I love that baby dearly, and when she was first born, I always worried about naivety in girls and how it would affect them. When Embark was born, she was born into an evil world (Gryffen is her dad). I think of her (and of my niece) as a little light shining through the darkness.

For Kreep, he’s based off a song. “God called in sick today” by AFI. “Omnipotence, nurturing malevolence” has specific meaning because it’s basically saying that people use God to grow their evil. And that is how Morty (because he sees himself as a god) is using Kreep. Beetlejuice is based loosely off the same concept.

Smile

i have specific pandora stations for each character. some (like ivar) have two stations that i switch between based on the situation. i sometimes get a lot of muse from watching shows, though i try not to base characters off them because i always end up wanting to do something different.

i also tend to drink and write and smoke and write, so those are also helpful when i'm experiencing a muse block.
    I need to get pandora stations set up for my guys. Lol

Hepha would be phantom of the opera

Nymf...not quite sure yet...

Bel probably the killers lol
    | Nymf | Arithmetic | Maiven | Hephaestus | Mosrael | Belgaer | Astarael | Vi | Ketzia
    so I base mine off of random things at times, but like many say, they're usually bits of my personality magnified and combined with other inspirations here and there. traton, in particular, is a manifestation of a lot of feelings related to the aftermath of my abusive ex. not usually the wild ones, the crying and the drama; moreso the times after some of the wounds have healed but the scar tissue is still there. jaded, suspicious, but trying to get back to a place of stability. attempts at feeling connected to the world again, but still not quite anchored. conflict between feeling lonely or craving physical affection, yet also being repulsed by everyone. it's a weird place to be in and having a character work through some of those same vibes helps.

really, dealing with these feelings is what gave me the desire to return to rpgs, as writing really helps me work it out. poor traton is just my punching bag, in that regard.

aither I intend to be more of a fun character for myself- I enjoy playing a really dark sort of fellow, and I intend him to be honey flavored venom. my sarcasm, an aloofness I don't possess (but it's fun to pretend). also he might be my punching bag for my rage against manipulative people, but don't tell him.

gallia is basically manic phase kuji except innocent and probably not going to buy $200 of garbage from china at 3am. it's fun on the high side. sweet, optimistic, but more substantial than I tend to make these (at least until the mood stabilizers kick in and I morph her around a bit). I also want to draw on the amazonian lore for her and have her grow to be a strong little redhead

and starfyre, I haven't decided. I usually don't until I play them for a bit- aither and gallia already had personalities floating in my head before they existed. aesthetics feel like starry nights barefoot in the yard, but aesthetics don't tell the whole story... and as inclined as I am to make a trite shy moon girl, I think I'll get bored of that too quickly. pagan queen? we'll see haha.

as for individual posts, it's a pretty wild variation... sometimes it's feelings, sometimes it's things at work, sometimes it's staring at my cat and trying to imagine what she's dreaming about.
    The absolute most random things inspire me. Sometimes I hear like the POTC or LOTR music and it makes me want to write fake horses. The other day Breath by Breaking Benjamin made me want to play Ryatah. Pretty much all One Republic and The Fray songs remind me of Plumeria.

As for what I base my characters off of, nothing. I usually just decide “nice” or “not nice” and start writing. Typically they all just turn into “sad whore” so I mean, why fight what you really are.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis