• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it feels better biting down; any
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    She’s on her best behavior for this Field visit. The training her parents and Scorch have instilled in her has pushed itself out of the corner she keeps it in. Although Wishbone is a princess-turned-heiress, she’s one who dances with death and recklessly runs on the wild side. Her refinement and knowledge is given to her by the pedigree she carries in her blood — perhaps if Wishbone had been birthed into a family of the likes of Virgo’s she might’ve turned out just the same as her.

“They are to my family.” Her answer is simple and vague, but the thoughts of her father (his laugh as she nestles herself beneath his wing, the hitch in his breath when she leaps from a ledge on the volcano down to him, the serenity of his mahogany face when they stare at the nighttime sky together) are pressing and, though she won’t admit it to the stranger, painful. Wishbone is thankful when Virgo moves on to speak of Beqanna before the Reckoning.

Thanks to those damn manners again, she knows of the kingdoms this mare speaks of. “Oh! You used to live in the Kingdoms of Old?” She could list them aloud, but the list was long and grew old after having to recite them to Scorch so many times. “I could help you find a home that might match your old one.” She’s obvious to the pain Virgo might hold in her chest, if she feels the prickle of it.

The next question — “What do you stand for?” — echos in her mind moments before Wishbone gives her answer. It’s a heavy-laden one, with a thousand possible answers, and the girl understands that even in her youth. Should she give her own morals? Or Nerine’s? Or perhaps the morals Beqanna holds nowadays? Although the Reckoning has come and gone, Wishbone doubts Beqanna is much different from before.

“I’m here to get the best out of life that I can.” Ruling a kingdom will be another memory and adventure to tell someday, maybe when she’s drinking a beer surrounded by handsome men in a hole-in-the-wall bar. “Nerine’s basically the Amazons.” She’s too lazy to list their creed or their morals, certain this simple sentence will suffice.

If Virgo knows anything of the Kingdoms of the Old, she should know of the Amazons. “Do you want to see Nerine? Or maybe I can show you another kingdom.” If Virgo isn’t the warrior-woman type, she might be better suited for Ischia. Or perhaps even Tephra. Wishbone’s mind’s eye flashes back to her father. Virgo would work well in Tephra — she reminds Wishbone of her slightly-more-refined mother.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Virgo]

Messages In This Thread
    it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-01-2018, 04:21 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-04-2018, 01:47 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-05-2018, 01:09 AM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Wishbone - 06-08-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: it feels better biting down; any - by Virgo - 06-08-2018, 10:14 PM