• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A never ending journey for two
    The multi colored mare entered the field with her son trailing behind her. She was once here but went to a place where no one was there. So she had come back worn out and exhausted from there journey. She was looking for a home that was secured. She stopped near a river her legs couldnt take anymore walking. She was heavily pregnant with her second foal by the great stallion Covet. Which should be due in a week or so. And she had her month old foal, who when she first arrived in Beqanna was only 2 weeks old.

They've both grown up a bit,we both were exhausted and decided to take a quick little nap under the tree. Before getting something to eat, they rested there tired legs and eyes for 10 minutes. The mare awoke to her still sleeping son. She pressed her muzzle against her swollen stomach. Before finding a place close to her son to graze. She was starved and worn out she wanted a place to rest.

The warm son warmed her pelt it felt good to be in the sun again. She lifted her head and smelled the fresh air it smelled good to smell freshness. She walks over to her son and nudges him awake, he must of been starved. Mishka stands and looks around alittle dozzy yet. Still half asleep, he licked his lips and they were dry like sand paper. He went to his mothers side and started to nurse. He drank his fill and pressed his little forehead against her mothers shoulder. Momma are we ever going to find a home?She nudged her foal trying to assure him. We will my son it just takes time, we will find a home soon. Have no worries my love. She lowered her head worrying they may never find a good home.

Late fall was beginning to fade, orange and brown leaves littered the ground all around the field. Not one step was made without that nice crunch underhoof. The sun shone down, warming the chestnut varnished coat of Nouri. He smiled softly as he wandered alone. This was his first time here, surprisingly, a handsome stallion his age should have been out here long before now. But alas, he had spent most of his time by his lonesome, milling about different parts of Beqanna, almost like the ghosts that plagued his mother's mind. He remembered her well, he loved her a lot. But he was not wanting to spend all his life in the jungle and not do anything. So after years of doing his exploring, he has finally decided to start his own family. His mismatched eyes took in all the autumnal field with wonder, seeing all the colors and all the horses here gathered about. It was somewhat peaceful to him even though this place is usually so hectic. He remembered coming here with his mother when she would recruit for the Amazons, it was one busy place. But now it seemed smaller to him, not this huge vast citadel that his imagination saw it to be. Up a slope and past a stream he walked, his shaggy legs and tail entangled with leave bits and stems. Not too many strides later, the stream opened into a small river. It babbled gently and reflected the sky. Pure zen, Nouri thought to himself as he bowed his noble varnished face down to drink. As he quietly sipped at the cool water his eyes glanced upwards to find a beautifully colored mare grazing beneath the trees across the river, not only was she large with foal, but she had another foal at her side. Nouri smiled and started forward, the river was cold on his legs as he walked through it briskly.

He overhears the mare speaking to her child as he finally reached the other side of the river and let out a soft welcoming nicker as he approached them. His voice was not low, but almost like an old fashioned radio dj's voice. "Excuse me, Miss and little one, I hope you don't mind my overhearing your conversation, but I could offer you a safe and comfortable home. One big enough for you and your children, with lots of shelter from the elements. It is a land currently unclaimed by others and it is in one of the safest areas. he pauses a moment, realizing he had not introduced himself, his eyes glittered. "My apologies!! I completely forgot to introduce myself!!! My name is Nouri, and it is a pleasure to meet you and this strapping young lad!" He said as he bowed his head respectfully to the mare and then turned his head to wink and nod his head to the mare's colt before turning back to her with one of the biggest genuine smiles. He wondered how he would come across, he hoped he did not sound rude or weird. Obviously this was not something he has done before, but he was trying his best and that is all that matters. Right??? Though he was genuine, he knew Cobblestone Creek would be the perfect place for a family oriented herd. He had always wanted a herd of his own, tight family unit that watches out for each other. Maybe it had to do with his roots in the Jungle, seeing how the Amazon sisters worked as a large unit, supporting each other, working together to achieve goals. That is what he wanted most. The handsome varnished stallion was not fully involved in his thoughts, he was mostly concentrated on listening to the mare before him. Hoping she would consider making a home with him.

don't tell me truth hurts little girl, Cause it hurts like hell
    + eight + sixteen-two hands + hybrid + varnished chestnut + stallion +
    quote can go here

Latara heard a low nicker coming from cross the river. She thought she was all alone, or maybe her tiredness got the better of her and thought she was hearing things. Her son was playing around her feet chasing a butterfly around. She raised her head in the direction of the sound. She saw a figure walking towards her. He was orange like the autumn and somewhat white as well. She has never seen him before, she nickered cautiously. She nickered to her son to stay by her side but at his age he wasnt listening to anything she told him.

She heard the figure speak there name. This was a stallion that was before her, hearing his name she bowed and spoke up. Her voice was like the gentle breeze, it was gentle and quiet like a mouse. Hello my name is Latara its a pleasure to meet you. She looked around finding her son who was behind the tree playing with something who knows what. That little one over there is my son his name is Mishka. As she smiled bad at the stallion that stands before her.

She came out of the shadow of the tree, so he could get full view of her. Her body was tired and worn from traveling so far. And with a foal on the ground and one growing in her stomach. She was pretty worn out, A home would be lovely we have not found anything yet as of a home. I want to find a good spot for my kids to grow up safe. As she was talking to this new figure. Her son decided to finally show his apperance. He came from behind the tree, seeing the other figure he was getting brave for a colt. He was full of adventure and excitement always wanting to know what something was.

Mishka trotted up to the stranger, not worried about being scared or nervous he was a colt after all and wasnt a silly filly scared of anything. He snorted at this creature figuring out he was a stallion. Acting like a young stallion trying to look tough. Im Mishka and this is my mom Latara. I was protecting mommy from the butterflies and bugs. He smiled with a foal smile. His mother just shook her head at him. As you see hes full of himself thinking hes tough. She laughed, hoping her son wont scare him away. It was a huge undertaking to take on a mare with a foal already and one on the way. Most stallions would turn there backs on them because her children were not his own. But hopefully that wouldnt matter to this stallion. She was carrying a strong foal by the great stallion Covet, which should be a good addition to a growing herd.

quote can go here
    Latara

His smile did not falter as the mare seemed a bit...tense? maybe worried? Though Nouri realized that obviously a mare round with child and with a foal would most likely be on edge when an unknown stallion comes their way. Heck, he could be any type of stallion, flirtatious and cocky, cold and cruel. But, he wanted this mare to feel  comfortable around him, for he was not to hurt them, ever. He dipped his head respectfully as she trusts to give him her and her child's name. The colt she calls Mishka trots up to him bravely, letting him know of his job of saving his mother from the evil insects. Nouri let out a chuckle, remembering he used to do the same when he was Mishka's age. Well well Mishka! You are doing an excellent job!! Keep an eye out for those grasshoppers though! They are fast!" He winked at the colt and nodded his head in the direction of a grasshopper sitting atop a smile pile of leaves next to the tree they were relaxing under. He then turned his attention back to Latara, he could tell she was worn, he isn't surprised. It must be hard work traveling while pregnant and watching over an adventurous colt. He extended his muzzle out slowly, his mismatched blue and brown eyes gleaming with hope. "Latara, I know I can provide you with an excellent home, it is located just outside of the kingdom called The Falls, I've heard they have a healing waterfall. I plan on uniting the herd with them, that way we have extra protection. Cobblestone Creek is one of the safest and nicest herdlands, big, full of water and food, lots of shelter. Definitely a wonderful place to raise children. he pauses, his face was serious yet his eyes full of hope.

His soft voice trying to reassure her, "Miss Latara, I ensure the safety of you and your children. Plus it is a short distance from here, once we get there I can promise you fresh, lush grasses, clean water, and lots of warm shelter for you to rest." He smiles softly. He can see his mother in her, the way she wants to put her children's safety and happiness before her own, taken them with her no matter what. That is what his mother had done for him. He imagined himself and his newly found hopefully new family making their way to their new home. He imagined his herd growing, full of close friends and family. There was nothing he wanted more than that. He let his eyes drift to watch Mishka for a moment while he waited for Latara's answer, he hoped she would agree to travel to Cobblestone Creek with him. He was starting to get his bearings with this whole "claiming" bit. Though he didn't really like the term claiming since he wanted the mares he meets to feel as if they have a choice and are not being forced to stay or go with him. Though you never know, maybe in the future he would have to be a little more dominant, though for now he wanted to start off and stay on a good path. He couldn't imagine himself to be cruel or black hearted. It just wasn't in his nature. He loved women, thanks to growing up in the Jungle, and he was taught to treat them with utmost respect. Obviously, how couldn't he being raised in a kingdom ruled only by women.

don't tell me truth hurts little girl, Cause it hurts like hell
    + eight + sixteen-two hands + hybrid + varnished chestnut + stallion +

Mishka heard the stranger stallion warn him about grasshoppers. Just as he said that, he turned and noticed one near a tree. He pinned his ears at his and snorted at it. Arching his neck acting tough, acting like a snake with his head down and low to the ground. This bug was too close to his mother and he was going to show it who was boss. He managed to chase off the grasshopper and was so proud of himself he pranced back to Nouri. How was that? did i gets him? Was a tough stallion? He said with a little nicker. His mother snickered and shock his head at her growing son. Everything was new and a adventure for him, which worried her that the more adventerious he was the more danger he could be in. She nudged her son you did good my son. I also found us a home. You no longer have to worry. Mishka pressed her face against his mothers shoulder glad to find a home. He was also tired of running and walking trying to find a home.

Latara heard her talk about him asking offering her a home. And a secure home, she didnt hesitate to answer him. Yes that sounds like a wonderful place for my son and my growing foal still not born, she stepped closer to Nouri showing her acceptance. She looked around in her weak and tired eyes. Wondering which direction to go, it was strange this stallion reminded her of Mishkas father who was killed by a rival stallion. Who only wanted her and he stood in his way and so the rival stallion killed him in hopes of winning me. Which was far from what happened.