• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Dangerous Business -[Rey]
    Arthas

Arthas had been busy, as any lead role requires. He was getting ready to meet with quiet a few equines, quiet a few stops in quiet a few kingdoms. He decided now would be his last change to recruit another for a while. He settled on visiting the river since it was closest to Loess.

It was a short trek to the river, it was vaguely foggy as the sun was setting and the warmth was cooling as the night was upon them. He inhales the air around him, it was dense but it was warming to the soul. He lurks quietly, he has not yet found another equine to approach what a shame he thinks to himself. 

The scent of another filled his nares, his head flicked towards the direction, attempting to get a gaze on them. He scanned right past them, the green of there body blended in with the foliage around them. His eyes bursted wide, and his ears pinned to his dome is that..... his heart beats faster he couldn't decide if he was angry or excited. 

His body lunges forward as he canters over towards the mare DACIA his tone was harsh, anger is what his body settled on. She ignored him, didn't even bother to look DACIA! he yells again, bitch is what he really wanted to say. He slows to a trot when the gap was lesser you've been here this whole time?! a hint of pain lingered in his tone. 

His eyes grew wide once again, but not in amazement of Dacia, because all the adrenaline that ran through his head he mistook this young mare for his former lover. oh...uhm please excuse me. he dips his head to her. dumbass, Dacia didn't even have wings... his heart ached again, the pain of her abandonment was relived in the moment. My name is Arthas, I thought you were someone else...a former friend. he explains, he surely did not want her to think he was crazy like he just acted.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] :p

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

I’m not accustomed to others screaming at me.

Maybe screaming with me. But never at me, so I don’t feel the need to turn any part of my body back in the direction it came from - no matter who was doing the shouting. If they wanted me (and they always wanted me,) then they’d come and get me.

This one’s pretty quick about it, and I’m thankful for that because I’m obviously trying to get away to somewhere else. He trots up alongside me - stout, gray thing that he is - and then he asks me a question.

“NO,” I want to say, but think to myself instead,“obviously I’ve not been here the whole time or else you’d have seen me.” This seems like common knowledge, and it also seems like common knowledge that clearly I’m not this ‘Dacia’ he keeps screaming at me. My evergreen lips purse slightly, giving me the perfect go-to-hell look without being hideous and I’m about to pop off to this space-invading brute when *finally* he comes to his senses.

The apology is a nice start; nice enough to smooth my face into a slate marble of perfection. He call himself Arthas and I consider the name for a moment, my steps faltering so that we don’t go quite as fast as before. “Hmmh, I get that a lot.” I purr, allowing my skin to change. The dark, near-black strands of my mane and tail bleach to lavender, then my coat switches from ombre green to royal purple. “It’s the yelling I don’t get.”

“I’m Rey.” I finally give in, after we go another step or two, “Do you always shout at mares to get their attention?” My wit cracks, followed quickly by the sound of my high, easy laugh.

@[Arthas]
    Arthas

She looks at him like she wanted to cut his heart out and watch him die, she may look like Dacia but she was nothing like the gentle soul he knew. Although as soon as he apologized her face relaxed and he could see the resemblance, was she an offspring of Dacia? no surely this mare would have said something when he called out Dacia's name. I get that a lot she says and his eyes widen slightly, so this is not the first time she was mistaken for dear Dacia? And in the next moment her body flicks from the beautiful olive green to black and purple, his eyes burst open this time Dacia....she...this has to.... he thinks to himself. He has never been one to be at a loss for words but in this moment he was, he did not know what to say next.

She introduces herself as Rey, and continues on to ask if he always yells at mares to get there attention. She laughs and he could not help but laugh along with her It is nice to meet you Rey, I can't say that yelling at mares is a common occurrence for me, its just.... He pauses finding the words, but surely she did not care about his history. You remind me of someone dear to me....she also ripped my heart out.

He looked to the left before scanning back on the now royal purple mare enough about me though, what are you doing here? I don't pick up the scent of another kingdom on you. Where do you reside? He did not pick her for a stranger of beqanna, and his curiosity of her lineage only grew stronger. A conversation for another time he supposes, he was genuinely interested in her story, and tried his best to push all thoughts of Dacia from his mind.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

This one seems rather flustered. Sure, I often get mistaken for other horses - especially when I’m always changing from one color to another. It’s rare that I settle on the green of my birth but after this encounter, I think I’ll stray away from it even more. The way he’s looking at me, like he’s seen a ghost … I suppose this “Dacia” must have been someone important to him. We walk a bit longer, his laugh mingling rather well with mine, and then unsurprisingly my suspicions are confirmed. ‘Dacia’ was someone dear to him, and by the looks of it also his eternal outlet for rage.

Nice.

“Well well, a rather curious sort of fellow aren’t you?” I chirp, feigning offense at his obvious intrusion into my personal life. “You’re right that I don’t smell like anywhere, though. I’ve lived on the mountain for quite some time now.” I tell him, the soft strands of my tail swirling around my rich, purple legs with every stretch of my heels. “I grew up in Loess, if you insist on knowing so much about me.”

Playfully, the curve of my amused lips reaches out to grab hold of his mane. I tug gently, inhaling the odorous musk of his flint-colored skin and that’s when I smell it: the odd, sulfurous tinge of Loessian hot spring water.

“I’ll say! You’re from Loess too?” I exclaim, letting my head draw back to take another unabashed look at Arthas. “What a coincidence.” I smile, edging closer until our shoulders begin to brush against one another. “What is it you do there?” I ask, knowing full and well that Ivar had gone and Heda with him. I was curious to hear about my old place, wondering who could possibly be running such a kingdom now. Perhaps this strange encounter could be fortuitous after all …

In more ways than one.

@[Arthas]
    Arthas

He blocked all of his emotions from Dacia, they were suppose to leave the Chambers and live together in the Gates. But when the time to came, she never showed, and he never went looking. He ran away from the pain, his anger ultimately could be linked back to her, even though he wont admit it. They had only been together for a very brief time but the olive green mare did not linger in his head. She not only looked like Dacia but she reminded him of her, the happy thoughts at least. At the same time, she was nothing like Dacia, he had hoped in the end he would be able to call her his friend.

Curious sort of fellow she teases when he asks about what kingdom she called home. She admits that she is a wanderer, but it was Loess she once called home. His eyes grew wide when she spoke but before he could say anything she reaches out and gently tugs at a strand of his mane. She forced a smile on his maw and a chuckle passed his lips, but the moment was interrupted when she caught his own scent.

She detected Loess on his pelt, you're from Loess! she said, excitement to find someone new from her home kingdom? Happy to smell Loess once again? She teased at the coincidence of the two being from Loess and he nods his head in agreement. She asked of his position and a soft and short laugh escaped his maw. For the first time he found himself wanting to keep his rank hidden, he did not want her to flee because of his position, or attempt to use him for it. But he could not keep his rank a secret, it was best to get it out in the open now rather than later. "Isn't that funny, were you in Loess when Lepis ruled?" he asks, curious just how far back her history with Loess goes. "It's funny you ask Rey, I happen to be the king of Loess." He holds his head up a little higher, filled with pride, his eye lowers to find her gaze and he laughs relaxing his body once again. "You should come back to Loess, I would love to show you it now, though I am sure it hasn't changed much." Perhaps she even knew of places he did not. She interested him, he wanted to get to know her, who she was. He wanted more than a single night with her, perhaps a visit to her home kingdom would keep her there for good.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

“I was there when Ivar was King,” My lips fumble, trying to make sense of how so much could have already changed. The Kelpie King was gone, then, and more had come after. Arthas gives himself a bold look with the tenuous stretch of his dappled neck and my eyes glance towards his as we walk, quick to interpret the pride that shines in their depths. “You’re just full of surprises, aren’t you?” I laugh prettily, a wayward lock of pale hair falling over my suddenly bashful gaze.

“Well, King or no I’d love to come back to Loess … with you.” I emphasize, brushing the soft curve of my nose against his powerful neck. Regardless of his earlier outburst, he’s offering me protection and something else more valuable than gold: attention partnered with affection. Who cared if it was misplaced, meant for this strange Dacia instead of me? Wherever the slut was she was gone, and I was here to reap the lost benefits of her stupidity.

“Enough broken hearts and lonely nights, sir Arthas.” I say suddenly, making a rather spur-of-the-moment decision and loving the rush of adrenaline that comes with such an action. “Lead the way to our mutual home and I’ll follow.”

@[Arthas] I'm about to put up a new thread for them in Loess <3 just wanted to wrap this one up first