• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    The Overseer had been overlooking the blackened shoreline with glazed and dark expression, the salted spray of the sea stirring at his mane and tail, trembling against the cobalt of his feathers. Tangerine and Sibyl were exploring the tidepools of low tide, and his youngest daughter’s voice echos over the sound of the churning sea as she calls out each creature she finds, while a small pile of glittering and smooth-faced shells lay in scattered disarray at his hooves. There is a faint trace of warmth that finds his mouth each time she calls his name in excitement, and each time she brings him a treasure from her exploration; but Tangerine can see the turmoil that glistens just beneath the surface, the wounds that still have yet to heal from going face to face with a god, and look of defeat that cannot be shaken.

It is business as always, however, and the simple time spent on the shore with his family is drawn short as Warrick’s eyes watch the approaching form of Brennen. He inhales deeply, leaving both Tangerine and Sibyl (and her collection of sea treasures) to greet the Ischian King, with the intention of returning when the meeting has finished. 

Brennen and Karat come onto the shore just on the other side of the volcano, and Warrick is turning the corner to greet them when Wound has already arrived. They have moved into the shade, just beyond the blackened dunes and rolling waves of the sea. The stallion offers Wound a smile, but it is fleeting as the tension grows thick and palpable, tightening in his throat. He halts before Brennen, standing beside Wound with a stoicism that matches the Ischian King’s. “Brennen,” he says to the warrior king with a dip of his head, though the cerulean of his eyes remain locked on Karat with a studious and unwavering gaze. “I do wish it was under different circumstances that you have come to our shores today.” 

“I am ever honored that you’ve returned Karat to her family safely.” Warrick’s gaze leaves Karat, wistfully placing his oceanic eyes on the King. “Despite her absence, though she was missed, there is no harm done.” Trekori’s mistake (however driven by the passion of his young heart) was not to be placed as Ischia’s fault, nor does Warrick harbor any ill-will towards the young stallion that had taken her. “However...” Warrick’s eyes narrow slightly and a soft snort leaves the cobalt of his nostrils. “Another - one of my own - has made an unintelligent decision.”

Klaudius - despite his fervent loyalty to serve his own family and even Tephra - seems to have slowly been causing Warrick a bit of political unrest, and he is not enjoying smoothing over the lavender-armored stallion’s messes. “The terms itself are void. The attempt itself, however, I know remains an issue.” Even with Klaudius releasing her from the terms, the folly in attempting to do so in the first place will remain poignant in Brennen’s mind, as well as his own. “I have not seen Klaudius since, but know that when I do, he will understand that another act such as the one he has so insensibly made will not come without consequences.”

Warrick turns his gaze towards Karat momentarily, peace in his eyes despite the trouble her father seems to have brought Tephra. Klaudius would do anything for his family, it appears, (and Warrick can respect that aspect) and the Overseer must make sure that his actions, however honorable in his eyes, do not put his own family - Tephra itself - at risk. Especially with the brooding darkness lingering in the Sylvan forest. 
    warrick
    credit to vel of adoxography.

@[Brennen] @[Wound] @[Karat]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY - by Warrick - 06-04-2018, 09:06 AM