• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY
    Wound is the first to arrive to greet them, and Brennen offers her a warm smile and a nod in greeting, and gratefully accepts her offer. The sun is hot, perhaps today even hotter than the constant wet warmth of Ischia, and the shade is a welcome change. Karat lags behind and Brennen is tempted to say something, to scold for the blatantly obvious bad attitude like he would if she was one of the many and varied young people in his care, but he holds his tongue because she is not in any way his, and what business of his is it if she seems to be growing up not at all?

So the purple girl lingers at the edge of the group, obnoxiously covered in fire, and Brenne is quite glad to have Warrick join them promptly so he can officially wipe his hooves of any responsibility of caring for the girl or moderating her behavior. He focuses instead on listening politely and carefully to his Tephran counterpart, for he is still waiting for the axe to fall in regards to Kori’s actions. Brennen will defend the young stallion even to the point of breaking the somewhat tenuous alliance that has begun to form between Ischia and Tephra, for that is what the Brotherhood does, but he’d really rather not have to do so.

Though his eyes and face stay unreadable beyond a general polite expression the bay feels his heart clench at Warrick’s “however”, but at the words that follow the Kraken king relaxes completely, because Warrick brings up Klaudius instead of asking for some sort of sanction against Kori, which would have been his right as the King even if Brennen would have refused it. Brennen shifts, finding a more comfortable and casual position, and watched Karat disappear with a flick of her tail into the depths of Tephra before he responds, with an unmistakable dry humor in his drawling voice; “Children are such a joy.” Of course in truth Brennen loves his children more than most, enough to start a war and burn the world to the ground for, but he feels the trials and tribulations of trying to raise children - your own and others’ - is something Warrick will understand.

“I will be talking to Kori as well. The Brotherhood appreciates you allowing us to handle this matter, due to his youth, but I will make sure there are some consequences felt so he will learn from this experience.” He doesn’t know what that will look like exactly, not yet, and his fondness for the young brother leaves a better-than-not likelihood that it will end up being no more than a stern lecture, but everyone still present understands that no harm was really done nor intended by his actions. “I had not realized Karat was not in Ischia with Kori of her own choice, or I would have brought her home much sooner. I don’t feel it would be a good idea if I were to do so right now, but please extend my sincere apologies to her parents when appropriate for my having no noticed before now.”

Of course he really means Krone - he doesn’t feel the slightest need to apologize to Klaudius, and in fact every desire to physically harm him. “Thank you - I have extended Kylin the protection of the Brotherhood and would be loathe to have that come between us because Klaudius cannot be bothered to fly across the channel to see his child. I do not hold you responsible for Klaudius’ foolish actions either, though as an adult if he continues to act that way he might find himself facing my personal consequences on the battlefield.” one wrong word or step might have found Klaudius facing down Brennen right on the shores of Ischia, though thankfully the situation had not escalated in such a way. “Though, I am sure you will understand when I say that Klaudius is not allowed back in Ischia at all, not after his most recent behavior, and will face the justice of the Brotherhood if he so chooses to trespass again, at least for some time until he earns his way back into my graces. If Kylin wishes her daughter to see her father, they will have to do so here in Tephra or in some common land.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Warrick/Karat/Wound ONLY - by Brennen - 06-07-2018, 09:32 PM