• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Dangerous Business -[Solace]

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    He smiled faintly upon my arrival, though the expression was murky with some subtle confusion. I allow him this confusion only shortly, making sure that my words will sufficiently explain all the changes in Hyaline. I dip my head to his first words, replying easily as the conversation flows between us. "I will be sure to forward your greeting."

We settle down to gut of our meeting then, with him assuring us both that I'm politically up to speed. My smile widens at this, wondering if he really thought that I'd be unaware of such critical information; but I don't comment, instead letting him speak his part. He mentions pressing for an alliance, and I maintain a neutral expression. Though, when he reassures that he won't be dragging us into his drama, I do give him a practiced smile. It's a polite enough lilt of my lips; but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Thank you for coming to meet with Hyaline again Arthas, and my apologies that we haven't been back sooner to rediscuss our relations. There have been personal matters amongst our members that had to be attended to." I punctuate my speech with a smile here, hoping to relay a polite friendliness that says this is the extent to which I wish to speak on the subject. Ilma's rape, my coronation, and the birth of Solace's twins do not need to be disclosed. "I also thank you for not wanting to drag us into any drama."

"However, drama is not the root of our concerns. You are currently allied to an evil kingdom, Sylva, and as light-neutrals we cannot justify allying with an evil kingdom's ally." I do not go on to elaborate that Hyaline is strongly tied to Tephra, Nerine, and Ischia; it's superfluous, and would make us a potential target. "I'm sorry that this is our answer. However, I would like to counter-offer, if I may."

I wait a moment, then proceed. "I propose that there be a cease-fire between our nations - not that any firing has occurred, but in the event that perhaps it should." My eyes glimmer, hopeful that he will agree to this slight change of plans. "This would cover challenges, steals, raids, and war. Direct conflict between our kingdoms to be avoided - though with the surging of darkness, in something larger than just the two of us, this agreement would be null. But you understand that."

I take a breath, peering towards him in a not unfriendly way. "What say you, King Arthas?"

@[Arthas]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Dangerous Business -[Solace] - by Arthas - 06-03-2018, 07:59 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Solace] - by Kagerus - 06-06-2018, 11:40 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Solace] - by Arthas - 06-06-2018, 06:48 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Solace] - by Kagerus - 06-07-2018, 01:27 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Solace] - by Arthas - 06-09-2018, 09:46 PM