• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Kanamae
    Baltas is not used to the summer heat, but he is grateful that his coat has long since finished the graying process. Enduring this weather would be so much more difficult with a dark coat. The sun is so bright that he can hardly look up without his eyes screaming in protest. Sighing, he trots to the lake and wades in until the wonderfully cool water reaches up to his knees and lowers his head to drink.

The Lippizan's thoughts drift to Hyaline's new resident, Kanamae, as the lake water makes little ripples around his legs. Was he settling in well? He should check. "Kanamae?" The call is loud enough to be heard, but without urgency. Baltas walks out of the lake, looking for the young colt.

@[Kanamae]
    Kanamae grew comfortable in his new home, he found happiness when he didn't think it existed. He only wished that Hyaline had more foals his age, but perhaps he just remained hidden and had to pursue them. None the less he did not waste any daylight, he found himself out by the river in Hyaline, splashing in and out of it. The cool water provided relief from the harsh heat that blazed down on his back.

He came to a halt and twisted his head when he heard his name, the source was close and if he remembered correctly the voice was Baltas. A smile curled at his lips and he lept out of the river and bound towards the stallion, of course he remembered correctly and the dapple stallion was within view. Baltas! He giggled and leaped a few times until he stood right in front of the stallion. How are you?! He looked up to the stallion, was there another reason he called him?

@[Baltas]
    Seeing Kanamae's happiness warms Baltas' heart. He is happy to see that the colt is having fun splashing around, and that he has plenty of energy in his stride. His thoughts darken for a moment as he recalls Kanamae's condition when he first arrived in Hyaline. Baltas isn't quite sure what exactly happened or who the colt was running from, and he doesn't want to ask for fear of bringing up bad memories. But he's ninety percent sure it had something to do with Sylva. He doesn't want to jump to conclusions; it could have been someone from Loess, a lone horse, or even another kingdom. But right now, the forest kingdom seems the most likely. 

Baltas sweeps these thoughts away from his mind for now; Kanamae was talking to him. "Hello, Kanamae. I am well, thank you." The young colt looks up at the Lippizan with his dark eyes, and Baltas gives him a smile. "I was just wondering how you are liking Hyaline." He looks at Kanamae and notices that the foal would probably grow to be taller than himself one day, which sends a wave of pride through him. Wow, I really like him, he thinks to himself in an almost detached kind of way. "Why don't we go into the shade, or even the water? It would be much cooler." 

@[Kanamae]
    The colt had a rough start to his life, his mother murdered right before his fresh eyes. He was captive in Sylva, and had to leave his twin brother in order to get to this sanctuary. Was his father out there? Did his father even want to meet him? Kanamae had plenty of questions, but they were none he could answer, instead he just enjoyed his time in Hyaline and with the equines around him.

I am well Baltas responds and Kanamae nods his head. The grey stallion asks how Kanamae was liking Hyaline and a huge smile appeared on his maw I LOVE IT! he exclaimed and jumped around the stallion It is so nice! The grass is longer here! and the river smells fresh! He does not remember much of Sylva, but perhaps because his memories were all bad he associates everything about it as bad. Baltas recommends they moved to the shade or the river and Kanamae nods Race ya! He laughs and bolts into the water, he leaped into the shallow river sending water all around him. How long have you been here Baltas? Do you like Hyaline? He says as his he finds the stallions gaze.

@[Baltas]
    Baltas laughs at Kanamae's excitement, not in a mocking way, but because he was genuinely happy that the colt liked Hyaline so much. "Yeah, the river is really nice. The only other place I've been to is the Field, though, so I don't really have anything to compare the grass to." Race ya! Kanamae laughs, and with a wide grin the stallion leaps into motion, splashing into the shallow water with the colt. The cool droplets on his skin feel wonderful, and do a great job at cooling him down from the summer sun. Baltas dips his head into the water and shakes his mane playfully as he lifted his head again, sending water flying in all directions. 

"I've been here for-" Goodness, had it really been winter when he first met Kagerus in the Field, looking for a new home? It feels like such a short time to him. "Actually, six months now. I came here in winter. And I love Hyaline! The forests on the mountainsides are always fun to walk through and explore, and the lake is beautiful." The Lippizan leans down and presses his muzzle against Kanamae's shoulder in an affectionate gesture. "It's an amazing place to live."

@[Kanamae]