• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // ALL, KINGDOM MEETING.
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    She sleeps deeply, dreams tossing themselves against the walls of her mind like the waves that crash upon the granite shoreline of Nerine. They twist between memories and hazy make-believe; her father swims like a wispy ghost, her brother’s words (“Queens are queens the moment they are born…”) echo in her ears, the sulfur of Tephra marries the salt-spray of Nerine. When she wakes, the summer morning is brisk and untamed and Nerine seems just as deliriously wild as its future queen.

The cry that rides on the breeze is intangible in whether it will be Wishbone’s condemnation or salvation. She runs toward it either way, long legs stretching across the expanse of the shore and tangled mane rolling against her slender shoulders. She will always be running recklessly into each adventure the world gives her — becoming the queen of Nerine is no different (perhaps it should be, but her mind does not perceive it that way).

She arrives with the wind dancing in her dark mane and the smell of hazy summer beach on her mahogany skin. Despite her run, only minimal sweat dampens her sides; the endurance of her breed and the training from Scorch has brought good fortune for her stamina. Wishbone finds her place beside the hairless queen, amber eyes watching as each Leviathan slides into the shade beneath the great oak.

Her heart quickens at the sound of Scorch’s voice calming the chatter that rises from the Leviathans. The world seems to slow around her — the clouds moving slower, the tall summer grasses bending softer, the cry of a hawk above their heads echoing longer — and Wishbone bites her tongue in anticipation. But first Breckin is named Advisor over the peace caste and a sincere, pleased smile finds Wishbone’s sable mouth. She had been with the leopard mare when they visited Hyaline and her skills had not disappointed.

The roles are still shifting, even after Breckin’s promotion, and soon Scorch is stepping down from the cleft and making room for Wishbone to rise. Her initial step is shaky, but the ones that follow are as bold as the girl has ever been. The summer breeze, smelling of salt-spray and bitter rock, tousles with her mane as if Nerine’s fingers comb through her tangled locks. When her feet come to a stop upon the inclination, Wishbone feels the sudden sense of completion.

Everything slides into perfect place.

“Thank you, Scorch, for your continued service and dedication.” Her amber eyes find the retreating body of the hairless mare, a playful smile winding across her mouth. “I know I’m young,” she begins, and her eyes are scanning the crowd now to lock gazes with each Leviathan that is gathered, “but I love this kingdom and those who reside in it. It is my desire to uphold the creed we have crafted for ourselves — we did, we can, we will.” The words slide easily (so well she is almost surprised by them) from her honey-whiskey voice. “I am not an unfriendly face and I urge you to visit me if you have any questions or want to get to know your queen better.

“My first order of business is to eliminate the spy caste. I believe its responsibilities, although useful for specific situations, tie up Leviathans that are better-suited for other duties.”
    Wishbone pauses now, knowing that her first movement as queen is a bold one. To remove an entire caste from their system is not something to be taken lightly, but she has already thought things over. Her amber eyes scan the crowd again, gauging their reactions to this decision. “For those of you participating in the spy system, I still want you here in Nerine and I urge you to decide where you might like to be placed otherwise.” A wild smile catches on her mouth, as powerful as the waves upon the granite cliffs and as reckless as the thunderstorms that arrive with no forewarning.

“I also want to instate an initiation process for new recruits who might wish to become Leviathans. We are strong and powerful, but there should be a way to test who can truly become a Leviathan. Loyalty was an important quality for the Amazons of the Old and I believe that should carry over into the future.” It might be a process, finding a way to weed out the weak from the strong, but Wishbone is certain they will be able to do so. “If anyone has suggestions, please voice them.”

She pauses for a moment, allowing their voices to rise and locking away their ideas and comments for further dissection. Then, her honey-whiskey voice rides upon the Nerinian breeze once more. “The rulers of our allies — Tephra, Ischia, and Hyaline — will be meeting soon, so we do not need to make political visits to their borders. Just as well, I do not believe it is important to tell our enemies, Loess and Sylva, of the changes within our kingdom. However, if any of you think it is necessary, you are allowed to volunteer as long as you take a trained soldier with you. I don’t want to risk capture just to boast about my crown.”

With that, she falls quiet for a moment, the thrill of the crown upon her head thrumming electricity through the marrow of her bones and the blood of her veins.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

hi, everyone! i'm super excited for all the big changes happening and i hope you all are too! here's a brief summary of what's in this post:

— wish wants to get to know all of you so please please please talk to her!! you don't have to ask me beforehand, just make sure to tag wishbone in the starter <3
    — the spy caste will be eliminated from the caste system. if you have a character in the spy caste, please let me know which caste you would like them put into
    — i'm gathering ideas for an initiation process! this was something the old amazons did... we could have a chant over the new recruits (like what happened in the jungle) when they gathered for meetings, there could be physical tests, we could have interrogations, scarring ceremonies, whatever you guys think up! please let me know your ideas and i'll put them together into something unique for the leviathans!
    — because the leaders of nerine's allies will all be meeting together soon, we're off the hook for spreading the news... if any of you want to deliver the leadership change to loess or sylva, you're welcome to volunteer just please take a buddy with you, preferably someone who has some fighting experience
    — this is a mandatory kingdom meeting. you're welcome to reply with a whole-ass post or something shorter, but please put something up so i know who's here and who's inactive to update the boards. please please please offer your suggestions for the things listed! if your character doesn't show up to the meeting, i'll be marking them on the board and if they don't post anything within the kingdom for two weeks following the meeting, they will be demoted or taken off the board.

thanks so much everyone!! much love to you all <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // ALL, KINGDOM MEETING. - by Wishbone - 06-04-2018, 03:29 PM