• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tell Me Your Fate-[Wishbone]
    Porcia

Porcia was loving being a mother, Titus and Venus brought her more joy than she could have ever imagined. Her heart was ripped from her chest at the news of Hestia's death, something she never saw coming. She had been quiet in the kingdom, but she could no longer, she was the ambassador of Nerine and she needed to act like it. She had time to mourn the loss of Hestia, and she loved Scorch and enjoyed ruling underneath her. Although she went with Scorch to Tephra, it was announced and it was no secret. Wishbone would take rule of Nerine, and it would be sooner than later, perhaps Porcia should take this time to get to know the mare, to discuss her diplomatic vision.

Porcia trailed quietly through the kingdom, leaving her beautiful twins with there father Rome. She trailed to the top of the kingdom, close to the beach, the area she first fell in love. The breeze stroked her face gently, it was almost as if Hestia was greeting her from the dead. A smile formed on her maw and she allowed a whinny to escape, she hoped that Wishbone was within earshot and would come. She wanted to befriend her future queen, she wanted to remain ambassador of Nerine, and she wanted to strengthen the kingdom.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Wishbone] I figured they should get to know each other, her rule was never announced officially IC so I had it so she was not queen yet

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

The sun warms her back as she walks along the shore. Her thoughts swirl within her mind, as shifting and restless as the waves that taunt her feet. On any other day, Wishbone might tease them back — running toward their seafoam crests only to dance away when they come rushing forward to kiss her heels — but the weight of her thoughts press too heavily for her to twist as lightly as she might’ve any other day.

With the oncoming presence of her coronation, the crown has been lingering in the back of her mind. She isn’t scared to stand in front of the Leviathans and pledge herself to them, but she does worry if she will be a good queen. There’s a difference between being a queen and being a good queen, something she’s learned by watching her father and sister rule. Nerine deserves to have a good queen, not just a queen, and these are the ideas that plague her.

When her name rides into her ears on a beachfront breeze, Wishbone pulls herself away from her hazy mind. She feels thick for a moment, dragging herself from her inner thoughts and back to the outside world. The mahogany mare realizes she’s stopped walking on the shore and she stands knee-deep in the waves, looking out over the watery horizon.

It doesn’t take her very long to reach the appaloosa mare and by the time she comes to a halt, she is still damp — though not soaking — from the northern ocean. A smile finds her sable mouth. She recognizes the mare from the last Nerine meeting. “It’s Porcia, right?” Her honey-whiskey voice is friendly, despite the pressure of her thoughts in the back of her mind.

wishbone

@[Porcia]
    Porcia

It was not long until her call was answered, to her luck the horse she was seeking appeared. The bay mare appeared, her pelt was slightly damp from what Porcia assumes a dip in the water. It's Porcia, right? She asks and Porcia allows a smile to tug at her lips.

Yes, I am glad to finally meet you in a personal setting. She had heard of Wishbone when she and Scorch went to Tephra to visit Warrick. She first saw Wishbone at the kingdom announcement passing the throne onto Wishbone, but this, this was the first time they could speak on a personal level. I have been a loyal member of Nerine since Hestia the name of the ebony mare still made her heart ache. I held the rank of Ambassador with Hestia and Scorch, I can only hope to continue my role. She peers at the mare, with a change in rulers comes a change of ranks. Porcia could easily be placed back at the bottom of the pool with the others.

That being said, If you do allow me to stay Ambassador, what is your vision for the kingdom? She asks, curious what direction she should aim her diplomatic duties. I am also curious what your vision is for your Ambassador, and lastly Wishbone, I do hope that we can grow close in friendship. A request she holds dear to her heart, she had looked up to the past two rulers. Can you really dedicate yourself to a ruler you do not get along with? Or even trust? Though from what she has heard of this young mare they should get along just fine.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Wishbone] sorry its so late

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

It’s become one of Wishbone’s personal goals to know each Leviathan personally. It can be a challenging task, especially in such a large kingdom, but she has few doubts about such a thing. The mahogany loves to travel — from Loess to Hyaline to Tephra to Ischia to anywhere in between — and that fact isn’t restrained to physical places. She loves to explore the diversity Beqanna offers as well, including those that reside within Nerine. To understand the Leviathans who put their trust in her is to understand Nerine itself, for they are the breathing, beating, thriving life of the kingdom.

Her dark lips move into another blue-sky smile, pleased to know her Leviathans desire to get to know her as much as she desires to get to know them. She’s seen the dark mare in passing, but they’ve never found the time for a conversation before. Wishbone finds herself settling into a more comfortable position, one hind-hoof tipping into the damp sand below their feet. A breeze softly tousles their manes as Porcia speaks and though the Khaleesi enjoys the embrace of the wind, her ears are twisted toward the mare to listen intently.

She waits until Porcia has said her piece, spreading out all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle they shall complete together. Wishbone appreciates the mare’s forwardness — it proves both the way she takes her position seriously and her skill as a diplomat. “Thank you for all that you’ve done in Nerine so far.” She certainly knows she isn’t the oldest member among the Leviathans (hell, she’s only been in the northern kingdom for a fraction of a day in comparison to some) and it has been inspiring to see the dedication that shines in the community. “Your position as Ambassador will remain as it stands,” she reassures with a wink of an amber eye.

Porcia’s next question comes to mind again, one that Wishbone has certainly thought over a great deal since her coronation. “I’m going to answer your question with a question… What is your vision for the Leviathans?” She will not rule a kingdom that does not agree with the path she leads them down. Ultimately, their protection from harm is important, but their happiness is also key. Wishbone would like to call upon the traditions of the Amazons, integrating new with old, while keeping Nerine a strong force among Beqanna’s countries, but to hear the ideals of her comrades seems noteworthy.

“I’d love to have a strong bond with you, Porcia. Every Leviathan is important to Nerine and to myself. It’s become my personal goal to make sure I am a friend as well as a leader.” She offers the dark mare a nod to show her allegiance before her eyes meet the sea briefly. “Tell me a little about yourself,” she suggests. The only way to forge a friendship is to understand past and present, hopes and dreams, strengths and weaknesses.

wishbone

@[Porcia] / i'm going to answer one of porcia's question ooc-wise for the sake of clarity haha. the "ambassador" position has been reformed into the fozak position... to get more information on that, go to nerine's board and click on the announcement called "important nerine information" and it should be in that post. let me know if you have any questions! <3