• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

O enemy, do I terrify? // any
    The last fight still hasn’t drained from her bones.

At night, she dreams of the violence.  She dreams of bodies clashing, the rain-sound of her blood splattering the ground (quenching the everlasting thirst of the hungry, hallowed Plains).  She hears the melody of staccato grunts and drawn-out groans play over and over while she sleeps.  She feels her ear being torn and the flames that ate and burned away her flesh.  War is happy for these memories that warp her dreams at night and keep her restless.  Its’ seal purrs inside of her when her eyes close and the moon rises.

But come sun-up, it grows hungry again.

Titanya tries to satiate the hunger on a more normal diet of grass rather than blood and guts and battles.  A girl’s gotta eat, after all.  But she finds herself growing leaner all the while.  Nothing can compare, the Horseman seems to goad her from the Beyond - or whereverthefuck he was vanquished to – as she takes another tasteless bite of summer greenery.   You will wither away to nothing.  War is my birthright, and now it is yours.  Use it like a muscle, like your heart, or you will surely -

“Piss off,” she says, loudly, in the middle of a lot of horses who suddenly make themselves quite absent.

~

Days go by like this as she haunts the meadow like a living plague.

Age is finally catching up to her.  Or maybe it’s the stress of having the best thing in your life taken away and waiting to see if you’ll get to play again.  God, it was better than all the sex she’s never had (and doesn’t plan on having – mind you keep your fucking distance, Rando Meadow Man).  Anyhow, grey hairs creep along her muzzle and up the white splotches of her belly.  She thinks she must look tougher and grizzled for it. That combined with the unexpected outburst keeps the others away from her.  Which is mostly fine.  But sometimes she admits to the slightest tinge of loneliness.  

She misses her weird little family.

But the timing isn’t right to go back to Taiga and find Terran and his pack.  The dark mare is in no frame of mind to see pretty Jinju or her somehow-older-than-her son, Ander.  Mostly, she isn’t ready to face her brother after her last admission.  Hell, it’s the main reason she entered the Alliance.  To prove to him that she was still honorable even after The Lie.  To show him that she could take care of their strange, wild crew, that she could protect them all.  She’s never had much more to offer.  It’s stupid, probably, but she thought maybe she had found her purpose –

Bump

“Are you kidding me?!” Titanya had been listlessly lipping the ground when he bumped her shoulder with his.  Her blood runs hot instantly as her head shoots up.  Without thought, she snaps a bite at whatever part of him she can reach.  He’s tall, but so is she.  In the next second, she sees that he has scales.  Fun!  Probably an assortment of other attachments and powers he can try on her, too.  He’s facing away from her, so there’s really no telling what she could be in for.  All the better.  “Maybe try using those eyes to see where you are going, assuming you have any.”

Messages In This Thread
    O enemy, do I terrify? // any - by vulgaris - 06-04-2018, 08:18 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? // any - by Titanya - 06-05-2018, 07:10 PM
    RE: O enemy, do I terrify? // any - by vulgaris - 06-06-2018, 12:32 AM