• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    Confidence is not a concept lost to the oldest of the twins. Insecurity and hesitations were not often found within the deep places of her childish mind. While her sister paved the path of uneven lines, she knew only that which ran straight. Naturally oriented towards the reaching of her goal she pressed onward, assured of the knowledge her father had shared and her own perception of it. Around her, the world was beautiful in its seemingly simplistic ways. Seeing things as plainly black or white she found that, already and despite her youth, the grey was what confused her the most. Of course, in extreme contrast to her, Kove appeared to thrive within the many differing shades of grey. Similarly shaded and yet nearly completely different, Ketzia struggled to appreciate her sister's easily distracted manner as they continued to follow along the unfamiliar path.

Behind her, Kove danced, unaware as ever, to the gradual changing of their scenery. Every lava rock they met stood as a potential friend for the daydreamer and Ketzia felt their journeys novelty slowly fading. More often than not it proved a true task to keep her sister's well-being in order.

Remembering her father's stern words with unusual clarity she also recalled his warning that the ocean was no place for two fillies to wander without the guidance of their parents. Perhaps we ought to turn back... The thought is barely finished when Kove efficiantly distracted her older sister as she shot past. Dozier by the frosted foal's antics Ketzia followed, her hooves catching upon the occasional stone.

Around them unfamiliar sounds broke through the common thrum of Tephra as the air seemed to grow thicker, somehow. Standing upon the beginnings of hill. Ash and soot were dry whereas here - moisture clung to her throat and squeezed at her lungs. It was almost difficult to breathe.

"Kove," she said her voice edging on a warning. Deaf to her sister's own voice she glanced around. When her eyes fall upon her sister, terror grips her. Starry eyed and unaware of potential danger, Kove trotted gleefully nearer to edge in a headlong chase of the shoreline.

"Kove! Ketzia called. "Wait!"

Foreboding crashing on the outline of her mind and, without much thought or explanation, she is galloping forward. Ketzia's muscles burn with anticipation as her gangly legs carry her effortlessly nearer to her clueless sister. Just as she is about to reach out to grab a mouthful of her sister's mane the ground disappears from beneath her, revealing a never ending spanse of water beneath. Heart pounding loudly in her ears there is a rushing of wind and pressure as all her insides seem to jump within her. A scream lodges in her throat, or, perhaps, it escapes its sound lost to the rush surrounding her. Longing for the anticipated contact with earth she is met by a sudden shock of cold as a fluid substance surrounded her. A thousand stings erupted along the sensitive skin of her back as an unseen force drags her farther away from the light above. Desperately her legs thrash hoping for the familiar touch of traction to steady the world around her. Opening her lungs she gasps only, instead of air, salt and water fill her lungs and nose strangling her from the inside out.

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?

@[Kove]

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Ketzia - 06-28-2018, 04:44 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM