• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan ||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

It wasn’t often that I felt this way; beguiled into laughter and warm smiles. The pealing bells of my voice and the pleasant, womanly grin on my lips are genuine too - Leilan is simply a natural. From the flick of his tail to his chirpy responses, I find myself loosening every muscle and nerve until we’re both standing eye to eye. Even my petite ears are perked like his, hovering with anticipation at what he might say next.

Close, he tells me, though I’d never expected to be right. It was better that Leilan thought me incompetent for now, maybe even a bit cute. When you disarm a stallion with charm, they lower their expectations substantially and from the way he’s staring, I’d say his were at rock bottom. He could never truly guess the places my wings have taken me, and I’d rather he just be himself for the moment anyways while I … well, while I stayed true to my nature too.

“I’ll keep the lemon advice in mind,” I smile, flicking away the season’s pests buzzing at my sides, “and I’m neither, actually.”

Working for the man had never suited me, so I never did it. And Loess, along with Arthas, still had open arms for their favorite little doll. “Looks like we both can’t read a book by it’s cover Leí, I’m actually an entertainer.” I grin, fashioning him a nickname from another language I’d picked up on my travels.

With a dramatic, (if not graceful) step backwards I curve my head to my chest and tuck my right foreleg to my belly in a sweeping bow. As I bend my coat begins to shift, like a puzzle being shaken up, darkening itself and swirling until the moment I rise to stand again.

When it settles, Leilan and I are almost identical in color.

The gold of his mane I can’t quite catch (I’m working with a restricted palette here) but otherwise we’re twins. I’ve caught every unique blend of his white and red coat, matched the whorl of his color and the way it blends to black precisely. In fact, I’m pretty proud considering how quick my time had been to look him over. “Ta-da! Tell me you aren’t impressed.” I try him, a dazzling grin accentuating my newly-darkened face.

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan || - by Rey - 06-06-2018, 10:26 AM
    RE: Like a bullet to the brain || Leilan || - by Rey - 06-22-2018, 01:27 PM