• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We aim to misbehave - Ivar
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    With his nose pointing upstream and his body tucked behind a fallen log, the sleeping kelpie blends well with the mottled riverbed. His doze has been a long one, and he is not roused until a particularly bold young crawfish attempts to seek shelter in his left nostril.

Ivar swallows it with a few quick crunches, shaking his head and blinking bleary brown eyes into wakefulness.

He had been up late the previous night, and a long afternoon nap beneath the river had been called for. It is quieter here in the fresh water, though truly it had been proximity rather than preference that had him resting in this particular bend of the river. He surfaces slowly, at first just a pale head in the deep water, but eventually he climbs the bank and shakes the excess water from his scaled hide.

Quick movements catch his attention, and Ivar's ears and eyes flick to the pair of colts that stand farther down the river. They are unmistakeable, even at this distance, and as the kelpie moves toward them, he glances into the woods in search of Sabra. She is nowhere to be found, and Ivar supposes the boys must be off on their own adventure. He recalls the strain of parenting just one child along with a mate, and does not begrudge the fire-haired mare her time away from the twins.

“I hope you're causing enough trouble,” says the kelpie as he draws closer, his eyes flicking from one colt to the other as a mischievous smile settles on his face. “Or are you in need of some assistance?”

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Messages In This Thread
    We aim to misbehave - Ivar - by Santana - 06-06-2018, 02:25 PM
    RE: We aim to misbehave - Ivar - by Ivar - 06-07-2018, 01:27 PM
    RE: We aim to misbehave - Ivar - by Santana - 06-09-2018, 03:55 PM
    RE: We aim to misbehave - Ivar - by Ivar - 06-17-2018, 08:20 PM