• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape || any
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    The sound of Llowell’s cry of protest as the young colt dips into the water causes Svedka’s eyes to slide away from Ilma, honeyed ears turning towards the winged foal. There is a glimmer of a smile on the stallion’s rosy lips, strong and muscular legs propelling him in powerful strides back towards the pebbled shoreline. It isn’t long until his hooves find purchase on the muddied bottom, heaving the bulk of his body from the water as the lake becomes more shallow. Lakewater spill from the curves of his sides, splashing back into the rippling and clear surface. The sun immediately warms the once-coolness felt on his skin, tossing his head gently to rid the tangled and damp tendrils of his blue and ivory forelock from his eyes. Ilma is on the other side of Llowell, beautifully encouraging her son yet allowing him to learn on his own. This brings a smile to his face - soft and handsome - as his cerulean gaze flickers to the white mare, admiring her gentleness towards the frustrated colt.

Svedka remembers his first time swimming. He hadn’t been much younger than Llowell when he had taken on the tides of Tephra, galloping along the blackened shoreline of his home while the matter-of-factness in Solace’s voice encouraged him out into deeper water, hellbent on proving to her that as prince and princess they could do anything. They were invincible. He learned quickly that they were not. The incident ended with burning nostrils and coughing up seawater, and even though there were a few stern nips from his parents they could not wipe the breathless smile off his face. 

Matured and older, Svedka knows fully well that he and his sister (as well as the other members of his growing family) are not invincible. Too much pain has overtaken them (Kaiode’s untimely death, the most vivid and relatable in Svedka’s mind) and he would be foolish now to think that somehow the world could not reach them. The depressing fact, however, does not stop him from living each day like a brand new one - with eyes wide with hope and a full heart. 

Svedka comes to the other side of Llowell, supporting him by mimicking Ilma’s position. The boy was lucky; the conditions were favorable today with the warm weather and calm, still lake. He also had two adults to teach him, whereas Svedka had dived in headfirst without any kind of adult guidance when he was Llowell’s age. The stallion smiles to himself, knowing that he is the same silly boy who thinks before he acts - no fear, no hesitation. 

Life is too short for that.

“Don’t worry,” Svedka tells the boy gently, “we’ll be here if something goes wrong.” His cerulean gaze flashes to Ilma for the briefest of moments, then settles back on Llowell so that he may stay true to his promise - he would dip his nose beneath the boy’s chin the second he looked as if he was about to go under.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape || any - by Svedka - 06-08-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Ilma - 06-10-2018, 04:45 AM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Svedka - 06-10-2018, 08:37 AM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Ilma - 06-15-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Svedka - 06-19-2018, 11:37 AM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Ilma - 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Svedka - 06-22-2018, 03:32 PM
    RE: be my escape || any - by Ilma - 06-23-2018, 05:07 PM