• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Warrick

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    I come to him without hesitation, with the trust of a daughter and the heart of one too. I'd caught his eyes during the meeting, and as it disbanded, his words. A summons, low-spoken and desperate. I'd been scared of it's implications immediately, anxiety knotting in my chest as my imagination had its way with me. 

On the walk back to Hyaline, I struggled with whether or not to share Warrick's words with Solace. It was agonizing, walking silently even as her wing draped across my back, holding me close. We share everything. So in the end, I do tell her - tell her that I'm going to see her father. When she asks why, I break, utterly incapable of lying to one whom I owe my entire life. I don't know why So, but he - he wants to see me. Maybe it's because of something he's dreamt - I swear he didn't mean to exclude you. And I promise I'll tell you everything he says.

Good, faithful Solace; she understood immediately and kissed me goodbye, right there on the front steps of Hyaline. Our gazes latched for a moment as we stood there in stony silence, our minds trying to decipher an indecipherable future; but then, I am off.

I make my way across the river and through Taiga, through the field and finally to Tephra. My scent lingers behind me, but I think little of this, having not had to cross into any enemy kingdoms. Instead, I focus on the volcanic land ahead of me, breathing in its ash and for the first time, not finding it stinky as I once had. It smells like my wife, it smells like a home I could always have if I ever wanted or needed it. Without waiting, I walk inland: I walk home.

He finds me quickly, though I don't call for him. Large and red and mentally shattered, Warrick approaches and I can tell that he's not the man he was when I asked for his blessing upon my union to Solace. Feeling my breath catch painfully in my throat, I step forward and close any distance remaining between us. I curl against him as a filly might, my nose pressed against his wing, holding my neck tucked into his shoulder as I listen for the thrum of his heartbeat.

"Father..." I murmur, squeezing my eyes shut. "What is wrong?"

@[Warrick]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Kagerus - 06-08-2018, 08:58 PM