• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    Brennen agrees that it is good to see me here on friendly terms, his eyes going over me with a care I recognize as separate from the usual male scouring. By the time he makes eye contact with my mate, I am already turning to rejoin her; but of course, I catch that look of hesitation in her eyes as I'm walking. A soft smile alights upon my lips, and as I come along side her I brush her mane away from her jaw. I don't say anything though, knowing that we understood each other perfectly on the subject, as well as that she would be able to come to terms with our spar eventually and without excess duress.

Wishbone and Scorch come next, our closest neighbours. Wishbone offers a dip of her elegant head, which I return. Warrick comes, but fails to meet my gaze or anyone elses for that matter; concern radiates from between my ribs, the familiar sensation of anxiety rearing its ugly head. Snorting softly, I allow my eyes to travel to the mare I don't recognize, but who has clearly joined my father in law. But then others are speaking after I have said my piece, and so I turn to listen.

Then, when all is said, I raise my voice again. "I agree that to exterminate them entirely will only force them to uproot a different land in the name of chaos. Let them keep the one they have already claimed such that not an inch more of Beqanna may be sullied by their hands."

My nutmeg eyes go to Solace before continuing, having taken into account what she said in relation to myself and the others. "And yes, if you fellow leaders feel called to have an exodus of your weak, Hyaline will accept them willingly."

Brennen retakes the center of attention, going on to answer my wife's excellent questions as well as the questions of the rest of those gathered here. It's strange, for all of us to be in one place; we are all connected in one way or another, friends, family; allies. We are at the top of the Beqannian food chain, we are the elites; my chest swells minutely upon the thought.

But it deflates when the news of the princess' comes. My mother's heart rages; and any doubt I had about going to war against Sylva is eradicated.

Remaining silent for now, I listen next to Jesper, who speaks for quite some time. But the information he offers is priceless, describing residents in such great detail that none here could hope to mistake any Sylvans for law-abiding citizens from here on out. I take careful note of each name and description, begging myself not to forget any; the safety of all those gathered here depends on it, and indeed, Jesper risked his life for it.

He ends with the statement that questions are welcome, but I do not speak up. Instead, I wait for our eyes to meet, and then lower my head all the way to the ground in a show of the deepest and truest respect.

Sorry for the wait yall.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

They are all in unison — voices rising above the threat of chaos to pull together the force of protection. They are Allied, but Wishbone wonders if they will become Family by the end of the war. Kagerus, Solace, Scorch, Brennen, Jesper, Warrick, Amorette; some of them are faces she has seen for all her life, some of them are faces she has only just met, yet each of them will become something unique and fire-born by the end of this next adventure.

However, her excitement sours in her stomach with her father’s arrival. While Amorette leans upon his shoulder as they come to a stop, Wound does not accompany them. Wishbone’s brows pull together beneath the thickness of her forelock at this minor detail, sure her mother would’ve wanted the opportunity to both have a piece of this meeting and see her daughter. The flare of concern is only further stroked when Warrick doesn’t greet any of his family members.

Despite her mother’s absence, they are all united under their similar morals. Each of them call to give Sylva exactly what they want, perhaps even by the tenfold, and this sort of energy causes Wishbone to press a firm stomp of her foreleg into the ground below. They each offer suggestions, building upon one another’s words, and the mahogany Khaleesi nods toward each as they speak in turn. Yet Warrick’s news is what first strikes the fire in her stomach before settling it immediately after.

For someone to challenge her father — Klaudius, of all of them — brings a laugh to Wishbone’s mouth. It’s short and rough, more of a snorting sound rather than filling itself with glee. Warrick has led Tephra with a hand that is both gentle and providing, securing and friendly. Amber eyes turn from Warrick’s stern face to Solace’s heated one and there is an intense yet thoughtful wordless conversation shared between the sisters. Perhaps this is the perfect opportunity for Beqanna to understand that no one is to mess with Warrick or his dynasty.

Wishbone’s lips fold into a firm line before softening at her father’s following words. Sylva’s threat of control and destruction has stretched into Beqanna’s common-grounds, making only a few secured places safe. Brennen crumbles before them, struck with the plaintivity of his daughters’ deaths, and Wishbone feels both sorrow and disquiet surround her in a firm grip. She knows, in these moments of fresh grief, that no words of consolation will be able to soothe him just yet, and thus she forces a soft exhale to leave her sable nose before turning to hear Jesper.

His story is both heroic and insightful, bringing a new amount of respect to Wishbone’s eyes. For a pin-pricking moment, the Khaleesi wishes her face wasn’t so well-known — that she might be able to sneak off as a spy into the snake’s territory and tease her ankles for a poisoned bite. She longs for that thrill, to dance with the devil and kiss death’s decomposing face before spiraling away, but her mind reminds her (once more, as it will many times into the future) that she has a crown to carry and a country to lead.

The Leviathans need her past the intoxication of spying or the danger of toying with death.

“Thank you for braving those conditions, Jesper.” Wishbone knows with certainty that the Ischian stallion will always be allowed into Nerine’s territory with open arms and that hospitality shimmers in her amber gaze now, as it finds him. “We should act soon.” She is echoing words that have already been spoken. If they are to attack Sylva, it should be near in the future. “More will die, or worse, if we don’t do something.” The chaotic have a knack for making death look sweet and welcoming, Wishbone’s heard. She wouldn’t ever dare to wish such a thing upon anyone (though for a moment her thoughts twist to a purple face before she brushes it aside) and there must be a moment to act. “I agree that bringing their children away from that vile land is a good move; surely they will live happier and safer lives with us.” How they decide which children move to which land rests in the hands of a different day.

Wishbone falls silent then, her amber eyes moving between each loyal Ally gathered there with each pulse of her heart.

wishbone

so i realize my timeline is fricked but whatever
    there was a heaven in you
    but god there's a devil in me
    There is a weight that seems to nestle itself across the backs of each of the Allied - settling there uncomfortably and stiffly, pressing the sharpness of its reality into the thin skin of their spines. It is biting, gnawing into their flesh and creating a terseness across the deep planes of Warrick’s face, turning the Overseer’s expression into something that would be unfamiliar to those close to him: a hardness that is new, brought forth by the many trials he has faced and brutish head of wickedness that has been thrust into his face, curling at his feet like a viper, poised to strike at the sensitive flesh of his heels.

For the first time since his arrival, the winged bay’s eyes flicker cautiously to the family around him, the cerulean of their depths blazing and hard as he fastens his gaze into each daughter, lingering there purposefully. There is a hint of sorrow that stirs beneath the brazen blue, as if there is a regret for the current way of the world and that he can no more protect them from it than he can protect his own people. To know that Krone had been slipped away from his watchful eye and led to a terrible death, the realization that his openness to newcomers has quickly created a new enemy for Tephra herself, and that Wound’s sudden absence being so uncharacteristic, as well as the threat Harmonia left on the inland plains where the body of a dear friend succumbs to rot and maggots --

The familiar and steady touch of Amorette pulls the stallion from his reverie, inhaling deeply as she once again settles the burning fire that is slowly growing in his chest. She is forever pure, he muses to himself briefly, and he hopes that despite each terrible and horrible event that passes across her eyesight, she will remain ever so. A light in the darkness, a flame within the daunting and frightening shadow that so desperately wishes to cloak the world in hopelessness. Warrick settles himself, drawing himself upright to become the sturdy and unwavering being he is known to be. He lifts his chin, a sharp snort exhaling from his cobalt nostrils as his ears flicker throughout the group. Solace’s voice brings his gaze back to his daughter, unafraid to let her see the tempestuous stirrings in his once solemn gaze. Hyaline will remain a shelter to all (idly he wonders if her mother would be against sending the newborns there), and as the neutral country, will wait to hear the order that the other kingdoms will take.

Scorch’s words resonate within him, turning his head carefully towards the Nerinian woman. His lips harden into a thin line. The time for grieving has passed; now is the time for action. War cries can be heard in the distant comings, a battle easily foreseeable in the near future. “As my daughters have suggested,” Warrick responds to Brennen, tilting his head towards the Ischian King, “the Sylvan children and captives could easily be kept in Hyaline as refugees for recovery and safety before any battle takes place.” He pauses. “Once free of any innocent casualties, our efforts to eradicate will be less than uncertain.” Let the forest burn.

Warrick mentions nothing of Wound’s disappearance - he had seen the confused look on the Leviathan Queen, his daughter, and would not subject her to what he only knows to be a rumor. He had made it his mission to find her, but with the news of Brennen’s grandchildren’s obvious murder, and Longclaw’s own martyrdom on Tephran soil, he finds it not the place to voice a worry that could easily turn out to be nothing. Brennen has no time to mourn, and so Warrick’s soft gaze of empathy quickly hardens to focus on Jesper, listening intently to the stallion’s experiences deep within the forest. The cobalt-tipped ears of the Overseer fall into his mane, his lips peeling back with aggravation.

“The water wielder,” he mentions sourly, “poses a threat to those kingdoms with large bodies of water. It would explain Krone’s sudden disappearance and capture.” Warrick swallows hard, wondering if the same fate had befallen Wound. How are they to be cautious of a creature that lingers in each heavily-needed source of water? “We must cut the head off the snake,” he muses, his eyes falling to Brennen as his mind directly flashes to the idea of both the King and Queen.

“Without leadership, they will crawl back to the shadows from whence they came. Their chaos would have no aim, save for themselves.”

WARRICK

This is really all over the place so I apologize <3

Solace

. . .

Despite her firm stance only moments ago, their words of war chill her - especially those of Scorch. As Jespers goes on to describe his harrowing time as a captive and each resident in detail Solace devotes her full attention to his words. She locks away each name, a few of which she recognizes, but most of the others are complete unknowns.

"Maugrim," she supplies under her breath when her father speaks of the water mage. "He can transform himself into water, along with controlling it." The name had been long ignored by her memory. Jesper's mention of the depraved stallion had brought back thoughts of a day in Tephra - when she and her twin had met the brute while playing among the tide pools. A Tephran Guardsman had stepped in to distract Maugrim from the twins and they had escaped unharmed, but the day had left Solace with a sense of his power.

She is surrounded by a centuries of experience, but her heart spurs her on to speak and she does not ignore it. They were up against chaos, but the young caretaker hoped that a little communication could help prevent more violence than necessary. 

"They need to know that their actions have consequences. But they also need to know their children will not be harmed while in our care. Though twisted as they seem I doubt they will believe us."

"Even the wild animals will lay down their lives for their young; if this our plan we should be prepared for war." Solace's somber gaze floats to her mate. These were serious actions the band of allies proposed, actions which could echo across Beqanna for decades to come. Solace knows what they propose makes sense, but the thought of taking children from their mothers sits uncomfortably in her gut.

"They will see us as the villains - the kidnappers," she adds mostly to the mare whos gaze she holds, but her voice still carries to the group. She reminds herself that these mothers were capable of torture without reason, and the horrific experiences these children would be spared if they were to leave the rotting kingdom.  

It was what needed to be done.

this is rough and short but I wan us to be able to move the timeline along Smile
    A deep breath of Warrick’s scent, and the presence of others – though many are strangers to her – helps too. Amorette has always preferred to be among others, rather finding herself in company instead of being alone. Their presence, and conversations, help her to push the memory to the back of her mind. Except, of course, for the mention of the girls. Her heart aches for him, and all both girls’ relatives and friends.

Like that, her heart holds sympathy for young black stallion that has been introduced as Jesper, who had bravely survived some of Sylva’s worst. But, at this point, he is lucky to have gotten out alive. Right at Warrick’s side, she listens to the intel he has to share, much more than they could’ve hoped for.

Her eyes move to the patch of burned flesh on his hip, and after this her gaze searches Warrick’s. But before she can speak up, Jesper continues, like the warrior he is. It is only when he falls silent and steps back that she lifts her head, to find his gaze. “I can help you with that, if you like. I won’t lie, it will burn too, but the sting will be short and your burns healed.” Healing through fire might sound strange, but Amore does not question the gift the goddess had given her. However, she would not force it upon him. Her dark eyes then move, to look at all the leaders gathered – suddenly very aware that she is one of the few not-monarchs. “My gift is available for all who are in need.” Amorette would not join a battle, violence has never been in her nature, not even after the horrible sight they’d stumbled upon on their way to Ischia. Her shoulder leans solid against Warrick’s, not ashamed or troubled that she needs his support. Not even with two of his daughters around.

She listens to their conversations and proposals with dislike. Yes, something must be done to stop them, but taking children, innocent children wouldn’t be the retaliation the ebony woman would’ve thought of. Such act would lower them, to the level at with Sylva operates, they would be just as bad as the dark kingdom. It does not occur to them that these same children might very well be at danger under the care of their parents. Because how could one hurt a child (it is impossible for her to understand how someone could hurt Brennen’s girls), let alone ones own child. Solace says exactly what is on Amore’s mind, and she finds herself unconsciously nodding. “They wouldn’t only see us like that, but we will be the villains and kidnappers..”

OOC: Sorry for the wait! Kinda missed it was my turn already.. Kind of am all over the place too :/

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

They spoke in circles, many loud, powerful voices clamoring in the gathering dark. What felt like (and probably was) hours passed the Allies by as their ideas collided head on, slowly synthesizing into something they could all agree on. It was the making of war, and of peace; the two seemed ever intertwined, though for so long they'd seen peace. She remembered her return from the dead, and how she'd thought the new Beqanna stagnant and slow; at what cost would this war hasten their lives?

Throughout the stories and the opinions, Scorch remained mostly silent. Besides Brennen and Wishbone, she knew practically none of them on a personal level. The King of Tephra had brought his wife, and the Queens of Hyaline were obviously mated (their union being no secret). Her mind went out to Hestoni at this thought, and as the topic of child-napping and the tainting it would cause upon the purity of their reputations dawned upon their group, her stomach knotted.

"Raising a child in evil is not a difference in opinions of rearing children. It is a crime." She spoke slightly out of context, waiting for a lull in the conversation without truly considering whether it be the opportune moment for her interjection. "My children's children's children may well be situated in that forest - but any child is a child of a good mother." Her molten eyes swung to Amorette, Solace, Kagerus; and yes, to Brennen and Warrick too. "We may be kidnappers - but in the name of justice, I willfully shoulder that title."

And again, silence fell on her part.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

Quick post as she hasn't got much to say
    [Image: scorch2.png]