• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; diplomatic visit

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

It’s a long trip to Ischia, both by walk as well as when flying. For that sake she has asked Solace to keep an eye on her baby boy, and perhaps Llowell and Clegane will find a friend in one another, too.

But since the brotherhood’s rising, no diplomat from either kingdom has visited one another, and of all of Hyaline’s allies, they seem to have the most shakable bond (disregarding the cease-fire agreement they made with Loess for the sake of a safe border for both kingdoms). It’s time to set that straight, and so Ilma travels through the river’s land to the north and east, eventually landing her on the sandy shore of the tropical island.

The air is hot and humid here, so unlike the fresh mountain air that she feels a little choked with the idea of living here. But one might get used to it she supposes - still the white pegasus mare prefers to stay on the beach and outs a friendly whinny for those who want to meet with her to hear. A visitor’s call.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kanamae] @[Gedrinth] @[Brennen] @[Belgaer]
    I’m just tagging a few people here who might want to tag along, don’t feel the need to reply if you’re too busy.
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Belgaer
    The sun was high in the sky as Belgaer wove his way through the tropical foliage that made up the majority of Ischia's flora. Above him parrots squawked, almost as though the sight of a fellow winged creature walking humbly upon the land offended them. It had been too long since the spotted son of Brennen had spent any amount of time on the island. He'd missed it. Continuously kept occupied by his many diplomatic visits, he felt a certain peace had been granted to him by the current lull in activity.

His reaction to the unfamiliar voice carried upon the wind was mixed. He had a duty to his island as well as a duty to himself - one outweighed the other, however, and his leg carried him towards the strangers call. Expertly he navigated through the many paths and clearings of his home until he found the spot where she waited. A pegasus mare made up of pure ivory. The sweet poignant smell of the mountains was thick upon her and he forced a friendly smile upon his lips. Ischia was allied to Hyalin and they had no quarrels with them. Only just recently he himself had paid a visit to the sprawling land.

"Greetings and welcome to Ischia," His voice rushed to meet her and he walked past her, a friendly nod sent her way. "I do hope you and yours are well?"

Last he'd been there Hyalin had been as peaceful as ever. It would have pained him greatly to hear otherwise from the messenger mare.
    The Prodigal Son

Ilma

It’s a red and white, also winged, stallion who comes to greet her first. She smiles at him, and dips her head in greeting. ”Thank you. I do believe that they are, although I can’t always be certain with my reckless daughter.” she smiles when telling him this, however, showing she’s not too concerned. She’s in Nerine after all, so she will be well protected should the need arise.

”I’m Ilma, Hyaline’s Ambassador, although you might have noticed the latter already. I figured I’d visit to catch up with Ischia’s latest news, now that you’re more settled on the islands.” she offered up, looking at the man and awaiting his name, title if he held it, and reaction to her idea of information exchange. They had been allied mostly due to their common friend Nerine, and Brennen’s ties to former versions of Hyaline. She couldn’t be sure if this man knew all that - she hadn’t been present when Brennen and his visited Solace over a year ago, due to her own personal recently, she had recognized her lack of activity as a bad thing, she didn’t want to remain so lethargic and also did not feel like she had deserved her title over last year. In an effort to keep up with Beqanna’s ever-changing politics and to strengthen the (per her opinion) weak tie between the lands, she had decided to visit here.

@[Belgaer] frack. It’s winter now, lol. Good thing Ischia is always tropical.
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    belgaer

Bathed in the shade of Ischia’s foliage, Belgaer made a study of the winged mare. Her intrusion upon his time of relaxation was easily forgive, he was aware that a new burden weighed upon him. Rest had become a foreign concept to him as he sought to selflessly serve the people he had sworn to protect. A sacrifice he suspected the ivory mare knew well. Chestnut framed ears prick themselves toward the sound of her velvet voice, catching every question and undertone of concern as she introduced herself as the ambassador of Hyaline. He smiled in an attempt to ease her worry, the look playing handsomely upon his otherwise masculine features. She spoke fondly of her daughter and he imagined if she was much like Khaeli had been. Rambunctious and predisposed to trouble. A pang of grief hit his heart and his smile faltered.

“It is an honor to meet you, Ilma,” he greeted with a nod of respect. “I am Belgaer, son of Brennen and heir to his throne. I agree that we have much to discuss. Perhaps we could meet with my father to discuss matters more fully?”
    dark wings
    dark words

@[Ilma] I thought we could end this here since this thread is getting a bit old considering everything that has taken place?

Ilma

When she mentioned having a daughter, it seemed like she had hit a nerve. She carefully pretended not to notice, of course, and made a mental note not to mention little girls while speaking to him and perhaps it was safe to assume, not to Brennen either. He was still polite, making an excellent diplomat. She hardly counted herself excellent at what she did, having had not too much experience with diplomacy before being given her title. But she made do with what she felt was right, something that most of the time worked out very well.

So, she nodded to his decision. ”Of course. I’d be happy to wait here on the island for when he has time, or, if you know of a time that would be more convenient, I can return then. I can understand you may have much to do here in Ischia yet.” The kingdom was fairly young after all, and rumours were catching up with all of them, including the feeling that war might be imminent. Whatever he preferred she do, she would. Her visit just meant Hyaline would like to reach out and make contact with the allies they had, but, she was happy to know the man before her had no bad feelings towards her appearance. She could wait, if Brennen or Belgaer was preoccupied.

@[Belgaer] yes, absolutely fine!