• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag

Solace

. . .

Kagerus is there not a moment late, and the look in her eyes lets Solace knows they the both had spent the morning distracted by thoughts of what the afternoon would hold. The first touch sends the sensation of an electrical spark across her skin, and a pale blue glow flairs up momentarily where Kageru's lips had touched. Solace laughs, listening to her suggestions as she slides into a comfortable place at her mate's side and they strike out across the sand.

"Your Hyalinian vacation starts with a swim in the ocean," Solaces replies with satisfaction before she grabs a chunk of Kagerus' dark mane between her teeth. After a slightly rougher than appropriate pull, she releases, cantering into the chest high waves. It wasn't like Kagerus would need much convincing to follow the gold splashed mare, and the feeling of a muzzle to her flank is a reminder of that.  With strong strokes, the two mares swim out past the crashing water, into the gentle rise and fall of the rollers beyond.

"Then we have a sunset stroll scheduled, followed by as you guessed, cave exploration." She presses her chest to that of her lover, the heat they are creating like a beacon in the frigid ocean swells. The water pulls them apart again, but Solace closes the gap with a push off the sandy ocean floor. "Svedka is watching Velk and Valdis for the night, so I don't have to be back until dawn." 

She relaxes into the golden glow they to create for themselves, content as she has ever been. Without the twins and the kingdom watching, she is free to melt into her lovers every touch, returning each heavy gesture with one equally as suggestive. Soon, they ride the waves back to shore and Solace shakes herself free of the salty water.

Then truly the golden hour is upon them as the sun begins to sink over the ocean, not quite sunset, but close. She tells Kagerus of her morning (mostly of the funny,  and annoying, things the twins had done) before their conversation inevitably turns to the future. It was what they had so often talked about in the house between dusk and midnight, it is natural and Solace finds herself saying more than maybe she would of had she not been spending so much time with her children instead of adults.

But then, something slips from her tongue which she had not meant to say, at least not like this, not right now.

"Kagerus, do you ever think about your life after I am gone?" 

Unexpectedly, emotion chokes her as she envisions them, herself swaybacked and unable to scale the mountains any longer, and Kagerus exactly as she appears now.  Immortality was not a trait which ran in her family, and the signs of age were beginning to show even though middle age was still a long way off. It was something she had thought of more and more often after the birth of the twins, and something which surfaces as their thoughts spill and run together while they talk. "You know, I want you to find someone else when the time comes," she adds hesitantly, "I don't want you to feel like you are betraying me... forever is a long time to live without someone." 

Her gaze stays forward, she knows she can not look into Kageru's dark eyes without the tears she holds back spilling over.

"I'm sorry," she says with a slight shake of her head, "that wasn't apart of the plan."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag - by Solace - 06-26-2018, 04:34 PM