• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only
    He is pacing the shore; his expression is still indecipherable but there is a slight sheen of sweat on his coat that he has worked up in the pacing and the true fury that boils beneath his skin. He hadn’t wanted to let Jesper out of his sight, but cooler heads had prevailed about how exhausted the young stallion had to be and so he had agreed to his grandson sleeping just out of sight beneath the shade of the trees, but close enough for Brennen to ensure that no one stumbles upon him - accidentally or on purpose.

He knows they will come, as quickly as they can after Belgaer is able to reach them, but he doesn’t know what order they will be visited or what tasks they will have to complete before leaving, so he is trying to force himself to wait patiently, which he is failing because he is not sure he has ever been this angry - and he has been angry, before; angry enough to go to true war in defense of the things he believes in. Angry enough to be willing to take a life in combat. He is, once more, that angry. But he pushes it down, chokes it down, and greets his friends and allies as they arrive. These people, he knows, will be just as angry that a Kingdom thinks it can do such things to...well, anyone. He has full faith that those he has gathered here would be just as angry if it was a near stranger, instead of Brennen’s own grandson who had been abused.

Speaking of, he looks in the direction of Jesper’s location and gives a quiet call for him as well. As he had told the boy before, he only wants him to join this conversation if he feels upto it; otherwise they will be fine without him at least for now. “Friends,” he finally is able to address them all, honey-brown eyes travelling amongst them. “I do not have good news.” his voice is deadly serious, quiet, full of an icy prickly quality that doesn’t spell good news for anyone. “A year ago, Sylva tried to steal from Ischia and failed. Since we didn’t know enough about them, I agreed to let one of the Brothers go ahead and let themselves be captured and serve a sentence there to spy if they tried again, and so thus it happened. Jesper, my grandson, lived a year amongst the Sylvans and only confirmed every worry we had. They tortured him, physically and mentally, as well as murdering Krone whom they had somehow gotten away from Tephra.”

There is no room in this scenario for him to break down, to be Brennen-the-patriarch, but perhaps those who know him best can see the turmoil in his eyes. “Two of my other daughters have also mysteriously gone missing, and I hope for the best but fear the worst.” He takes a deep breath, and continues. “I wanted to make all of you aware that Ischia, regardless of anyone’s else's decisions, will be acting against Sylva and most likely by extension their allies Loess, in return for these actions. I don’t know what price makes up for their evil deeds, so I am seeking your counsel on that as well.”

What Brennen wants is to raze the Sylvan forest to the ground and render it uninhabitable, but that’s not realistic. Oh, he could do it with his anger and the destructive power of ice, but the fae would most likely punish them all for it. More realistically, he’d like to pound their clown-nosed King into the ground and leave him with the same nightmares he has given Jesper.

@[Warrick], @[Scorch], @[Kagerus], @[Solace], @[Wishbone], @[Jesper]
    Did I miss anyone? If any Brothers/others want in please message me and ask first! Probably it's ok but trying to keep it a little concise ahah ahaha

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Brennen - 06-18-2018, 12:39 PM