• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only
    Jesper is the first to come, standing beside Brennen with a smile. The bay pegasus turns a warm look to his grandson, his support unmistakable, but his eyes are searching; he doesn’t want to push Jesper too hard. The boy seems ready, is probably ready, and Brennen relaxes just a hair on that front; he trusts his allies and friends not to push too hard anyway, so Jesper won’t be required to speak of anything he isn’t willing to speak of. Nobody in their right mind would push Brennen on something regarding his family right this minute - so Jesper is probably in pretty safe company.

Solace and Kagerus are the first to arrive - benefitting, conveniently, from wings. Kag approaches Brennen and despite his agitation a smile flickers at the corner of his face, his eyes laughing as he nods. “It is good to see you here, rather than on the Plains,” he agrees, and he can’t help but glance over her where there had been injuries, as if to double-check that they have indeed healed. As he lifts his gaze from that task, his eyes meet Solaces’ and he doesn’t blame her for the slight reticence he can see there: it can’t have been easy to watch someone go full-out at her mate, but he hopes with time and distance she can see instead how impressive it was that Kagerus was strong enough to force Brennen into all-out combat.

The young girl is next and he does not know her face, but when she introduces herself he knows her name. There’s a flicker of surprise that Scorch has already passed the torch, but he knew it was coming and if his old friend thought the younger mare ready, Brennen will stand by the new Khaleesi just as he would have Scorch or her predecessor. “I wish we were meeting under different circumstances,” he tells Wishbone solemnly, and makes a note to get to know her better later. She steps away and the Ischian King turns to greet Warrick and the mare at his side with a nod, and that leaves Scorch. She greets him with the familial title of ‘Brother’, and they take a moment. No one will begrudge them this; though the group as a whole is cohesive, there are stronger ties that hold individuals together within the group, and there is peace in that.

Having them speak almost unanimously in support of Ischia, and in way of Tephra for Krone, soothes another bit of his whirling fury. None of those gathered will stand alone - not Ischia against Sylva, and not Warrick against Klaudius. That matter does not soothe Brennen, but makes him angrier. He is the oldest amongst them and the one who called them together - he takes a moment to sort out the information provided and prioritize them in his head. First, there is Sylva. “They have made no demands nor explanations for their actions, and our diplomats were sent away without any information. I think we can only assume they wish chaos and bloodshed. To my knowledge, they are still allied with Loess as well, though Loess offered no violence or mistreatment to our Leilan when he was amongst them.” he answers Solace first, because this is important. “Jesper may have some information for us, which I am sure he will share with us before we finalize any plans.”

Like the last time Brennen went to war, there is a ready and obvious choice to shelter refugees and the helpless. “I agree that Hyaline would make an ideal place to keep those who cannot or will not fight. As a result of my success in the Alliance, Ischia and its inhabitants are safe from any direct retaliation for a year as well, but those who cannot defend themselves from Nerine and Tephra might want to congregate in Hyaline together to make them easier to protect. I am not in full control of my new magics, but we should have more to our credit than Sylva.” He can feel the magic in his blood, where there used to be bone and ice, but he hasn’t had much of a chance to practice. “I agree that we should retaliate, but I don’t want to try and take Sylva. I don’t think any of us want it, and I don’t want the fae to get involved as they have in the past. Perhaps, as Wishbone has suggested, we attack and take something but leave them their hole. I personally think in addition to reclaiming and captives, we should take any children in their care. No child should be raised in such an environment.”

After any discussion he turns to Warrick, and hears his words - and this is enough to make him reach for the new magic and confirm the loss of his daughters. It is almost enough to push him over the edge he has never crossed - that dark bridge to warrior-frenzy and blood fury - but he pulls himself back with other things. His love for his other children, his loyalty to his fledging Brotherhood, the vague knowledge that the power he has now is entirely too destructive to be wielded by anyone without a mostly clear head. “It…” he cannot speak at first, swallowing the grief and the despair, “It is them,” it’s a whisper, quieter even than his norm, and he can’t linger on it. He must force the calm ice back over his being. “Ischia will stand behind Tephra in this as well. Klaudius is a wildcard, not to be trusted with a Kingdom - if he succeeds, he will not be allowed to keep his prize.”

Brennen had seen Warrick in action too - he thinks Warrick with persevere against the purple idiot, but everyone can fall. He is pissed enough at Klaudius to take him on after, if Warrick were to fall. He turns now to Jesper, to see if his grandson has anything to add if he hasn’t already interjected it into the conversation as it goes along.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Brennen - 06-21-2018, 11:47 AM