• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only
    Aquamarine gaze respectfully meets each pair of glossy orbs as Beqanna's leaders congregate before them. The ebony equine notes the concern, mixed with anger, etched in their eyes. He sighs with relief as Kagerus, Wishbone, Warrick, Solace, and Scorch offer their support. If anyone had doubts regarding the strength of the alliances between the lands represented here today, they were fools. Jesper could not help but feel the last of his burden lift as his confidence in the Brotherhood's resources grew. We are not alone in this campaign. We are strong.

The stallion shifts his weight idly as the conversation transitions back to the winged, mahogany steed beside him. Jesper listens, carefully, hanging on each phrase. He nods in agreement as Brennen recalls the diplomatic attempt he made with Mosrael and, how they were disrespected and disregarded.  His grandsire's next words - chaos and bloodshed - accurately describe Sylva's ideology and, Jesper finds himself nodding in earnest. Bronze-tipped lobes catch Brennen's prompt to speak; however, he permits his King to continue addressing the crowd. Having visited the mountainous kingdom, Jesper could agree that Hyaline would be the ideal refuge for those in need.

The suggestion to rescue any children sends the jet black steed diving into his recollections. He quickly returns his attention to the present as he senses the tension between the Tephran King and, his own. Jesper waits as Brennen grows quiet and, swears he can feel the strength of his grandsire's sorrow as he addresses Warrick. He watches as Brennen stutters at first, choking back his words. Jesper cannot recall ever seeing him like this. Then, again, as the ebony stallion makes the connection between the two bays' exchange, he, too, feels the despair. His neck stretches out and down while his lobes fall to half-mast. He sighs, once more, though, this time out of grief.

A derisive snort follows before Jesper straightens himself. Poll lifts after having drooped and, ears return to their alert post. He becomes aware that the conversation has once again shifted to him and, after swallowing, Jesper collects his thoughts. He finds his most sincere voice and, begins. "First, I would like to thank each of you for your support. Your support gives meaning to my time in Sylva." He pauses here to allow the depths of his gratitude sink in. He offers a small smile before proceeding. "I observed an insatiable appetite for blood and, chaos during those six months. Between my first day and, my last, Sylva's numbers more than doubled. It seems that Sylva does not actively recruit but, rather, evil seems to attract evil.

Sadly, I did not see Krone after day one but, I could see she was expecting. I am unsure what has become of the child. I met several of Modicum Mortem's servants, including: Jackel, an interesting mare, whose heart literally belongs to Morty. I played victim to her mind games. Sabra's son, Kwartz, was willingly serving the clown's wishes though, I am certain his young mind has been corrupted with anger and power. Lepis, the former Queen of Loess, was serving as a peace offering between the allied kingdoms. I offered to help but, she did not seem interested. Drax, a fire-breathing colt, is eager to please the clown. At one point, the clown gave me an ultimatum: either serve him and Sylva or, be burned. I refused his offer and so, I was punished."
    Voice trails off as whiskered muzzle swings around to left hip, pointing to the patch of singed fur.

After a few deep breaths, Jesper brings his attention back to those waiting for him to continue. "I encountered Dynast, mother of my half-sister, Deiti. She possesses the ability to shift into a water creature with tentacles that sting. I also encountered another water beast though, I am certain its original form is equine. This beast did not give me a name; however, it could manipulate, embrace, and control water. It nearly drowned me. The clown himself, did not lay a single hoof on me. Having said that, he is a malicious mastermind, who finds joy in watching the world tear itself apart. He recently named Astarael, a former sister, as his Queen. She sports a pair of wings, which should be mature enough to carry her weight soon, a crown of horns and, an aura of fear that attempts to choke you in its grasp. I did not have the opportunity to meet all of Morty's minions; however, I have additional names from the last kingdom meeting: Maugrim, Lillith Elvira, Tymber, Lokii, Nexu, Rajanish, and Sibella. I would like to believe that this information will serve us well. If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to ask me."

Jesper falls silent and, takes a half step backwards. He offers a soft smile to his grandsire. He stands now, grateful for the opportunity to alleviate this burden from his shoulders and, truly feel as though, he had something to offer; as though, he could help.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Jesper - 06-21-2018, 11:22 PM