• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis ||

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Lepis is kind enough to humor Wolfbane in his eccentric habits, accepting the strange title and giving him food for thought in return. He wishes he could match the sincere good will the pegasus mare has for him, that one word Queen resting heavy on his thoughts as they meander, so it makes the striped pegasus feel all the more correct for having wanted to appoint her.

His equally as colorful advisor seems to agree, catching the tilt of Bane’s gaze when she speaks and more often than not the appreciative narrow of his eyes or a quick smile. For her earlier hesitance Lepis is full of surprises, turning a shade serious enough that the fanged male slows his eager steps and finds his neck angling towards her, ears perked. When she mentions her mother and the shackles of restraint he wants to smile himself, to match her easy grin but instead his heart disappears from his chest.

The world around him grows dull.

Wolfbane staggers into her fear blinkingly, swept away by the roar of change her power brings and suddenly he’s aware of her “capabilities”. Lepis is doing this to him, grinding her intentions and the clarity of her words - whatever Loess needs - into every dark corner of his mind. Futilely, Bane tries to reject the emotions but they slaughter his self-will, the once quiet mare beside him as stoic and nonchalant as ever when he turns to look at her, eyes wide.

The moment of pain passes; Wolfbane exhales, realizing all along he’s been shaking. “Yea?” Is all he can manage as Lepis’ mouth brushes over his shoulder, meanwhile he’s struggling to piece together whatever confidence he was wearing before. He feels damn confused. “I’m glad we feel the same way, then.” He chuckles slowly, after a hesitant pause. The new Lord thinks he’s beginning to understand her.

“I need a break, I think. Coming?” Bane mutters, a burst of a smile appearing every now and then as he twists aside from her to follow a trail downhill. Freshwater cuts through the basin of a few buttes not far from where they are, shaded by a twist of natural and unnatural flora along the banks. Where the scrub grassland fades and the red rock spires begin feels the most homey to Wolfbane, he enjoys the way crimson-orange dust settles over his wings with every step that stirs it loose.

“You were Queen here, yes?” The pegasus male asks her, stopping to rest weary hooves at the lapping edge of the clear water. The bow of his neck straightens, bringing his head down to plunge into the crisp flow and he drinks, giving a pause. “What was that like?” He wants to know when he rises again, mouth glistening. Despite their interesting conversation thus far he hasn’t forgotten that quip of information and truly, he’s curious to know. With the soft turn of his cheek he admires her - the hidden strength, the fragile existence - and waits patiently for her answer.

WOLFBANE

@[Lepis] that's okay; I kind of wrote you one back??
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I take what's mine and then some more || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 06-30-2018, 02:17 PM