• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

welcome to the party - anyone
    The kid is on his own, as far as I’m concerned. I didn’t loan this dress for one night just to be kept to one man, or to go home poorer than I entered, so when Wolfbane releases me from his grip I go without hesitation and with fire in every step. Side to side, my flintlock eyes are sweeping the array and they like what they see so far - Big names: @[Ivar] Stillwater, @[Kagerus], and the up-and-coming but hot commodity @[Wishbone].

Too influential for now. I need to focus on smaller fish to fry … at first.

The pool’s an option but I skirt around it, not interested yet in that sort of attention so I make my way to the bar to appreciate the smell and aura these fat cats are rolling in, and to snag a free drink. Everything’s free as far as I’m concerned, a matter of bartering or simply taking without asking. It’s always worked, the method proves itself as soon as my tanned leg slips through the high slit of my dress to tease a poor hot-shot next to me.

He caves, buys me a cosmo and then I spin around to scan the area again when suddenly, a whirring noise followed by a few sharp clicks has me eyeing the one-and-only @[Leilan]. His photos had always struck me, whether front page or centerfold. They captured the essence of whatever he saw and when he used his eye, nothing escaped the infamous paparazzi.

It was decided, then.

I sip for courage and glide away from my perch, the black, satin bounce of my curls tickling my shoulders with the movement. “I don’t mean to sound overbearing but, I’m a big fan.” I smile towards him, inserting myself into the focus of his attention as politely as I can manage. He’d seemed distracted, maybe it was time for a change of thought? “I’m Rey, and I know you’re Leilan … obviously.”

Reeeeyyyy > xoxo
    With a laugh she grabs her cousins hand and pulls her off towards the bathroom to change into more comfortable clothing.  Reaching for the knob, it twists and with a press the door opens freely.  She dances over to where her locker was and pulled out a lacy two piece on a hanger.  She turns presenting it to Kylin, "This too much fabric?" Another laugh errupts as she begins to shimmy out of her dress and unshyly slips the bikini on.  Kylin is also in the midst of changing when she calls to her to hurry.  The excitement, overwhelming.

Finally, they are both ready and she pulls the door open just enough to observe to hoard of people that have gather.  But it isn't the numerous party goers who stop her in her tracks, mouth slightly agaped, "Shit..." It was too late though to reclose the door.  She is sure Kylin has seen the same thing she had.  Ivar with his hands all over some dame in a flashy dress.  "You know what... You don't need him!  There are plenty of guys here to flirt with... Besides, it may make him jealous," she says with a scheming look. 

That is when she catches a glance of two guys chatting near enough to accidently run into.  "There..." I motion with a tip of my head, "Let's go introduce ourselves to them... Maybe they will want to go swimming." With that she flings open the door, Kylin being lead by the hand, and waltzes over to the two men.  Well, one for sure.  The other, younger with reddish hair snapping photos of sketchy activities and the other, well he was all too familiar...

She smiles and waves extravagantly as they approach.  Calling a greeting to Merrick, "Hey Mr. Secretary!" She laughs, "Nice suit!" Sliding her free hand up to his upper arm and firmly gripping his biceps, "I didn't know you worked out?!" She winks before turning to Kylin, "Kylin, you know Merrick," She is nearly certain she must.  

Not to exclude the younger man, she looks to him now.  "Sorry, I don't believe we have met... I'm Karat and this is Kylin!" Turning to face her cousin, she raises her brows and nods her head in the strangers direction.  Knowing that usually to catch some else's attention one should direct theirs elsewhere...

That is when she hears someone come up behind her with a smart ass remark and she knows it could only be one person.  She spins around quickly while throwing her arms up(releasing Kylins hand in the process).  "Brother!" She embraces him with a tight squeeze, knowing it would probably make him uncomfortable.  "Go put your suit on and come swimming with us," she glances to Kylin to see if any headway was being made in the flirting department.  Looking to the fiery haired man with a smile she adds, "I'm sure there is an extra suit somewhere if you wanna join us by the pool?"(hint hint)...

She begins to walk towards the deep end of the pool and does a fancy dive off the ledge.  The water felt good against her tan complexion.  Surfacing with a delicate arch, she looks to where she had left them.  Hoping at least someone would join her...

Swim suit-white strappy
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/v-YAAOSwS...s-l400.jpg

Crappy phone post, sry.  But basically Kylin and Karat see Ivar eye and finger fucking everyone so she suggests flirting with Leilan and Merrick.  Kwartz enters and Karat invites them for a swim(Kylin, Kwartz, Leilan)... Maybe a secondary thread for those in pool or, we can continue with this craziness all in one thread.

Edit: well fuck... More ppl... Eh

Solace

. . .

With a sarcastic exasperated smile, Solace leaves Kagerus to her own devices. As the face of the charity, Solace had a job to do tonight. She weaves through the crowd, hips swaying and diamonds glittering, glancing back just in time to see Kag running her eyes all over her. Solace flashes her wife a smile before lifting a glass of champagne off the nearest tray.

You had to work for an ass like that, and she loved it when Kag appreciated he figure. The kids are never in the gym at six in the morning, and that's what time Solace could be found covered in sweat, working out whatever frustrations she hadn't worked out in the bedroom the night before. She makes a mental note to thank Ivar Stillwater for that, a portion of his contribution had funded the new set-up... and by extension her ass. 

Anyway.

Isn't long before a woman in a pants suit and  Louboutin heels stops her. They chat for a while about work, you know policies and grants, the norm, before Solace extends the invitation to Hyaline's upcoming benefit. The woman her husband enthusiastically accept, and with a gracious smile Solace gives the congresswoman a light kiss on the cheek before sauntering away to another cluster of deep pockets. This auction would hopefully pay for an entire year of operations for the hospital/hostile, and these folks rarely said no to her when she asked for anything in the flesh. 

An hour slips by this way, laughing and sipping champagne with the Forbes 100. They were always so interested in her cause  here, if she could get them to show enough interest in front of their peers, sometimes they actually followed through. 

But after the third time, an elderly gentleman slides his hand down her waist and compliments her dress, it's time for a cigarette. 

She asks a saucy looking caterer for the quickest way to the roof and she is rewarded with an unexpected smile. "I'll show you," the girl responds, "I've been looking for an excuse to head up there too."

And she quickly understands why.

She exits the elevator just in time to catch the end of Ivar's and Kagerus' little wrestling match, with a less than amused, stone cold negotiating face on. The girl is about to run off, probably to sneak in a video for TMZ of all these big names losing their shit, before Solace stops her with a curt, "Hey." The server spins on her heels to face the bombshell, eyes wide, "I just need a light," she says, a little gentler this time, "Nowhere to hide anything in this dress."

Solace contradicts herself as she draws out a cigarette which had been nestled warmly between her cleavage, and the girl, of course, has a lighter.

Solace just had a sense about these things. 

Taking a deep drag she walks towards the pool with a sigh of smoke, her fiery blue gaze holds Kagerus with a look that she will be able to read - oh so well.

Horny, and a little pissed - it was a great combo. 

She lifts the lipstick-stained cigarette for another drag, never breaking eye contact and she holds in the beautifully toxic smoke for the full impact. She exhales right before she reaches her wife to spare her the smoke, but she doesn't flick away the cigarette. She will probably need the rest of it.

"Is this how you thank Stillwater," she purrs into Kags ear, before tilting her face up to the man himself. He is incredibly close, as a result of his and Kag's frolicking, and Solace wraps a pale arm possessively around the waist of her intoxicated wife. 

"Won't we all," she laughs in response to his last comment that she was probably not supposed to hear, finally smiling into his broad face. "She is... exquisite."

Shit. Maybe the alcohol was finally reaching her head. 

Solace's aesthetic is something like "blond who's seen some shit". Probably a little older then most the people in the pool, but she's been dedicated to that skincare regimen and looks about 25 Wink

also disclaimer: i'm tipsy

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

They’re two kindred spirits — brother and sister — and it’s ever obvious in the way they banter and shine. Wishbone lets him snatch the bottle from her hand, watching Svedka take a swig with amusement still dancing on her pretty light-chocolate face. “Almost everyone loves vodka, brother… That’s why you have so many lady-friends.” Oh yes, she’s seen him eyeballing some woman in the crowd and she’s certain he will disappear into some corner (or room) of the house before the end of the night. Wishbone grabs the vodka Svedka offers her, taking an equally-large gulp straight from glass bottle.

A familiar voice reaches her ears as the bottle is passed back to Svedka and a wickedly mischievous smile finds the smoothness of her devilish mouth. “I could certainly say the same about you.” Ivar’s tattooed arm (strong and well-muscled, just as she remembers from their last meeting…. not so long ago) slides around her waist but she doesn’t lean into it, not like some foolish, dick-awed girl might do. Wishbone is looking for more than flirting tonight, though that certainly comes with her own partying techniques.

Her handsome brother quickly excuses himself, suggesting things along the way, and Wishbone nudges his shoulder in her own suggestion as he passes by. She’s certain she’ll find him again at some point throughout the night but right now she has bigger fish to fry. Those devilish fingers are particularly distracting, toying at her dress in a way that hints he might wish to tear it off. Wishbone certainly wouldn’t be opposed.

The lithe woman is about to reply when Ivar’s arm suddenly slips away from her side. The strong smell of booze on a lung’s exhale greets Wishbone’s nose and for a delirious moment she’s insanely jealous. Long legs step slightly away to find Kagerus, her sister-in-law and CEO partner of Triple H. The Leviathan leader finds a smile twining along her lips as she snatches the vodka off the table and taking another deep swig, rather enjoying the show.

“Well fuck, Ivar, you really can’t keep your dick in your pants.” The husk of her voice is as dirty as a sailor’s — always has been. She sends a suggestive wink in the well-awarded man’s direction before turning her wild hazel eyes to the other woman. Kagerus’ next comments bring a wild laugh to her throat again, thrown free by the liberation of alcohol and a good time. Wishbone raises the bottle of vodka up toward her sister-in-law with a “I’ll take a shot to that, Kag” before downing not one but two gulps of the alcohol.

Wishbone is sober enough to notice her sister’s arrival, but now the tipsy feeling in her stomach is beginning to make an appearance. It brings an electrifying current to flow through her blood vessels and Wishbone finds herself looking for something perhaps a tad more reckless to do. Still, she is drawn to the conversation between those in their flirting circle and a wispy smile finds her mouth as Solace practically grinds herself on Kagerus.

“Only the best for Solace,” the lithe woman says with a tease in her voice. Svedka always appreciates the humor — ahem, roasting — she brings to their sibling-dynamics, but their sister is crafted of the likes of their father. They are stained different colors but cut from the same glass.

Wishbone winks at Kagerus but in the meantime the hand closest to Ivar is wandering near the small of his back, just as his own had been doing moments before. In her bored (and, hell she’d admit it, horny) mind, Wishbone’s slender fingers find the loop of his dress-pants and give a gentle, subtle tug. She’ll stick around with the married couple for a little longer, especially with the cucumber-lime svedka still held in her grasp. She takes another shot of the bottle before moving her fingers away from Ivar’s belt-loop and proceeding to wander along to his opposite hip, where her nails dig in lightly.

She hasn’t forgotten the bruises he’d left on her and she’d left on him.

wishbone

honorable mentions: @[Svedka], @[Ivar], @[Kagerus], @[Solace]
    I'll lust after you till the day I die, Ms. Kagerus.

This purred response to her... enthusiastic greeting incites but a roll of those sparkling nutmeg eyes, though her smiling lips tell a very different story. A surprised and indigant huff! escapes her as the rugged man snakes his arm across her hip, gently re-positioning her as she stood teetering next to the edge of the pool. Of course, she (in her drunkenness) fails to associate his touch with the (questionably) sincere gesture of keeping her dry (since he wants her wet and all).  Luckily, he's quickly moved on to the far more important task of fixing those lanky locks of his, and Kagerus is free of having to attack him again for his forwardness.

Wishbone chastises Ivar for his wayward wiener,  though such an object has yet to even be introduced to Kagerus' person. Nah, the extent of Ivar's lusting had been some light thigh-touching during their negotiation, to which end Kag had up and slapped him across the face. Of course, Ivar had only smiled and leaned back in his chair as if to watch a show, so, that's why she's still a little on edge about the whole thing. Still, she laughs at Ivar's expense, admiring the tongue on that sister in law of hers.

Next, Wishbone toasts to her sister-in-law's awfully forward compliment, leading Kag to gesture for the bottle such that she might Toast The Tits too; but halfway there, her eyes snag on the most beautiful woman she's ever seen in her life. She's small waisted and well rounded elsewhere, with tumbling blonde locks so spectacular that no hairdresser dared touch it. The glint of her blue eyes is more intoxicating than any liquor, and the way those eyes hold Kag's --

She bites her lip, the hand that was outstretched rerouting to clumsily brush through Solace's hair as she approached. The billow of smoke trails behind her like the train of a disease-ridden gown; but of course, having been introduced to the Tephran Society (one of their largest benefactors and legal representatives) at a young age, Solace had been nearly born with a taste for smoke.

And whatever Solace had a taste for, by god Kag did too... Perhaps that's why their love making never ceases to amaze.

Is this how you thank Stillwater? She purrs, ensnaring Kagerus in her iron grasp with the fury of a woman aroused.
    "No, but this is," Kag replies huskily, the words almost a growl. Leaning forward, her open mouth met Solace's, and the embrace was anything but clumsy: she could be high on every drug in the world and she would never forget how to kiss her wife and make her knees weak - among other things.

A moment later, the brazen show of ardor ends with Kagerus chuckling and leaning back, allowing Solace to finish whatever little conversation she'd had in mind. Of course, it ends up being something far more flustering than Kagerus had ever anticipated, and her cheeks light up bright red at the amorous words - and not just from Solace, either. No, apparently all three of them were lusting after her; but instead of sharing her attention with the other two (who seemed to be playing some coy game of who-can-touch-you-least-but-turn-you-own-most), Kag leans her weight into Solace's embrace, practically grinding into her as Wishbone would have it.

"Get in that pool for me, and you'll understand the true meaning of exquisite." With a hand that had sneakily slipped behind Solace's back, Kag undoes the single clasp that's keeping the top half of Solace's gown secured. The dress doesn't fall immediately, but it's obviously looser - and by the way Kag tilts her head and gazes downward, it is just loose enough.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    The world is tinted pink as she views the party through the deliciously hued champagne in her glass. Keeping her gaze purposefully away from Wishbone she watched as more figures emerged from the dull party downstairs. Anything was better than that. Young and slightly tipsy faces abound and Nymf find entertainment in their antics.

She is mid sip when a familiar voice muttered her name. Shocked, and a bit embarrassed, she jumped and spun around to see the one person she would have gladly avoided. His smile was suggestive, his lips curved into a perfect smile. Like her, he stood out like a sore thumb, his attire almost too casual, even for sitting beside a pool. Her skin prickles with heat as she feels his gaze hungrily tracing along the outline of her.

"@[Svedka]," she finally managed. "What are you doing here?"

Her tone is a little sharp, but her ears are hot with the memory of her last encounter with her ex-bosses brother. Their paths didnt cross often and, after that night, she'd counted on that fact. Yes, at the time, it had been fun and hot and everything she had needed, but the guilt she felt had been almost unbearable.

His hand reaches toward her and she stares at it for a moment, almost afraid. Tentatively she places hers into it, immediately warmed by his touch. Damn him.
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    The gentle look of surprise on her face (embarrassment too, maybe?) is nothing short of satisfaction to the golden-haired man. Her voice is just as he remembers - though it wasn’t that long ago for him to forget it - and her question broadens his smile all the more. He’s sure that his presence here is quite surprising and he would find that the hosts of the party would find it equally so - seeing that he hadn’t been invited. Of course, as her hand cautiously grasps the strong warmth of his own, he does not tell Nymf that he had snuck in on the threat of his half-sister shooting one of the security guards. He had a feeling Nymf wouldn’t enjoy the story as much as he currently does.

The moment he feels the slender softness of her hand in his, he pulls her up. Svedka adds a bit more force than she is probably expecting, bringing her to his chest with a soft chuckle. Releasing her hand, his same arm wraps around her waist gently, the vibrant red of her lace dress pressed against the open palm of his hand. He’s buzzing, though he is not sure if it is because of the sudden intoxicating smell of her closeness (images of their last time together flashing through his mind) or simply the alcohol. “I already told you,” he says with a laugh, “I’ve been looking for you. You’re a hard woman to find, you know that?” He nearly places a kiss onto the rose of her cheek, but Svedka’s head jerks to the side as loud voices distract him almost immediately.

“Kagerus?” he muses with an amused tone, a brow quirking upwards at the sight of his sister-in-law. Of course, his smile fades as he sees the glittering of her knife in the starlight and there is a sound of protest caught in his throat. Gods, not again. Before he’s thought much of the woman he had finally reunited with and how she may not want to be near the woman with the dagger, Svedka is striding towards Kagerus and his younger sister (as well as the dark and handsome stranger named Ivar) with Nymf beside him, in attempts to perhaps stop Kagerus from whatever she planned on doing. Not that his being there would actually stop it from occurring.

Of course, this is the exact moment that the elevator doors open again to reveal his twin sister. His eyes widen as he catches the sight of her, flashing his gaze towards Kagerus. There is a mischievous smile on his mouth as he realizes that for once he would not be the one getting in trouble first.

He approaches them with an easy smile, his arm still wrapped protectively around Nymf’s waist. The scene has brought a wild grin onto his face now - Kagerus loosening Solace’s dress, Wishbone’s drunken quips, and Ivar’s dastardly handsome demeanor. Oh, this is sure to end badly. He stands beside Kagerus, with Solace on the other side of her. He makes contact with his sister for the briefest of moments, trying to hide the glimmer of laughter in his eyes. From his pocket he pulls out a silvered flask, one that he hadn’t needed to open yet, and thrusts it into Kagerus’ hand with a tiny shove of his elbow to her ribs; his sister in law is looking down Solace’s dress, probably too inebriated to know that he has come to stand beside her. He tries to hide the exchange, but he knows Solace would easily see his adding fuel to her wife’s fire.

“Whoa, we’re getting in the pool?” He replies once he hears Kagerus’ suggestion. He turns to glance over his shoulder, spying the lavender haired girls (oddly familiar, one of them, and immediately catching his eye) clad in swimsuits just as one of them splashes into the water. He turns back towards his little group, making eye contact with Wishbone first before side-eyeing Nymf, gauging how she was feeling with these interactions and suggestions. He lifts his glass and takes another few gulps of the alcohol he had found, placing the glass onto the table beside them. With his free hand (because, of course, he refuses to let his arm loosen completely from Nymf’s hip) begins to unbutton the white linen of his shirt a few more times, glancing around the group expectantly. 

“Well?”

His eyes fall to Wishbone. If anyone were to join him first, it would be her. Though if his sister-in-law and twin didn't think they would be joining him eventually, they were sadly mistaken. 

“Or do we need more drinks?”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka
    The darks of her eyes danced between the captivating novel between her fingers and the reality of the rooftop party as it was gearing up.  She would have to finish up the chapter she was currently on; between the strain of her eyes in the dim light and the slight smudging of words brought on as intoxication slowly seeped into her body.  A she reaches the last paragraph, she's mildly aware of someone approaching her quietly, thankful that she had had enough quiet time to herself that was required to loosen her inhibitions.  Sighing contentedly as she reaches the end of the chapter, she slips the slender, delicate throwing knife she used as a bookmark snuggly between the pages before setting the book down upon the end of the lounge chair.

As the stranger speaks, she is quick to undo the loosely woven fishtail braids at last, running her fingers quickly through her raven waves, figuratively releasing the last of the lingering uptightness.  She moves to stand in front of the devilish specimen of a man, as he waits with an outstretched hand and a one sides grin quirks her lips.  Breckin takes the glass of amber liquid resting in his opposite hand, pressing the crystal glass to her naked lips and finishing off the remainder with a single gulp.  Pushing the empty glass back into his outstretched hand, she resumes the mischievous smile, "So kind of you to share, @[Wolfbane]."  The use of his full name was strictly done purposely of course.  "Will you excuse me for a moment?"

Not waiting for a response, she slides past him and to the poolside where a beautiful blond woman had done a well-practiced leap into the pool only shortly before.  The poolside is cold upon her barefeet, cooler yet when her feet come to rest at the side of the pool as they stop in a shallow puddle of water.  Crouching down, she motions to the swimmer over to the side.  When the woman finally reaches her, the raven haired woman swiftly and gently places her delicate hand under the other's chin, pulling her in close enough to press her lips upon the platinum woman's.  Alcohol fueled and curious as ever to explore new boundaries, the quiet woman was incredibly satisfied by how much softer and delicate the kiss of another woman was in comparision to a man's.  It's only after a moment, Breckin slightly shifts her head backwards, still holding onto the girl's chin before saying quietly with a small smile, "Thank you, that was lovely."

Releasing the fair woman, she straightens, looking back to Wolfbane while holding up a single index finger as if to say, One more moment, please.

Turning back to the fray, she moves towards a larger gathering of people she had been observing from afar.  The lopsided smile grows a little wider when she finally comes to recognize a few faces that had congregated on the other side of the pool.  Wishbone, Kagerus, and Nymf are really the only two she recognizes, though she had a feeling the man in the gray suit should be someone she knew, but she would simply blame the lack of knowledge on the alcohol for now.  The stunning golden woman near Kagerus could easily be assumed to be her wife Solace, but personally she had yet to meet the woman face to face.  She smiles warmly in the direction of Nymf and the man standing protectively nearby while she comes to a stop where Kagerus was eyeing Solace not so inconspiciously.  "Hi Bones," she says in the viscinity of her leader.  A friendly nickname she had given the fiery woman, out of admiration for the way she handled the reputable Leviathans under her guide and the way she carried out her own work in the utmost fervor.

Turning towards Kagerus, Breckin grabs the older woman's face between her hands before placing her alcohol drenched lips upon hers.  Again, she is incredibly pleased to feel the silkiness of the other's lips against hers, and pulls away from the woman with auburn tinted hair, allowing both hands to drop to the woman's shoulder on either side.  Grinning widely between Kagerus and Solace, "That was solely for diplomatic research."

Breckin shifts away from them then, her dark gaze falling upon a man wearing glasses and photographer that she had noticed looking in her direction earlier while she was reading.  She notices that they are now accompanied by lovely woman in a swim suit and another in a black gown, but she doesn't approach them.  Instead she shoots them a innocently warm smile and small wave before making her way back to the corner where she had first come.

Grabbing two amber colored drinks from a passing server, God how she hoped it was whiskey, she plops herself down upon the chaise lounge after offering the other drink to Bane.  Taking a hearty swig of the drink before placing it next to her.  Reaching into her purse, she pulls out a cigarette and another throwing knife with a loop at the end.  Spinning the knife absentmindedly upon her index finger as she leans back into the chair, she smiles almost apologetically at her handsome companion, "Sorry about that.  I'm Breckin."  The dark recesses of her eyes further assess the man nearby. "You look like the sort of person who has a light and the type of reputation I'd like to hear about," she says silkily, holding the end of her cigarette out to him expectantly with a raised brow.
    Karat’s question has her glancing across her shoulder. Kylin cannot help it but to blink her hazel eyes at her cousin, before grinning at her with a shake of her head. “You meant to ask if it’s more fabric than you’re wearing now?” she teases right back, her own dress soon pooling at her feet. After having changed into her bikini, the young woman makes sure to put her dress away neatly. Who knows what the night might bring, maybe she would need it again, and it might be dropped somewhere on the ground a later time. After all, there is no denying on whose floor Kylin wouldn’t mind disregarding it.

The only problem in that equitation is the gentleman (@[Ivar]) himself. Just when her cousin curses out loud, Kylin’s hazel eyes land on his figure, his hands busy with another woman. She wants to look away, but finds herself unable to, still watching them – hurt – as Karat drags her away, the slightly younger’s girls words falling to deaf ears.

Sure, they barely knew each other, hadn’t even gotten to exchange phone numbers the last time around, but she had sworn there had been at least been some kind of spark between them. Perhaps Father had been right to guide her away, though Kylin remembers silently cursing him in her mind for doing just that.

It’s only when they come to a halt – and Kylin almost bumps into Karat’s shoulder – that she is able to tear her gaze away, blinking up at the two males (@[Merrik] @[Leilan]) and one female (@[Rey]) in front of her. All still dressed from heads to toes, while she and her cousin can barely be considered clothed. “Hi,” she offers all with a nod of her head and a forced smile, her left hand plucking absentmindedly at the thick braid hanging over her left shoulder, as her right is still clutching Karat’s. “You know I do, Karat” she muses back, her own shoulder bumping into Karat’s before turning back to Merrik. “It’s nice to see you here, Merrik,” she greets him, almost too formal. Her gaze wander to the redhead – though not after a glance across her shoulder – to who Karat introduces them. But it’s not just the two males, a rather classy lady had been busy interrogating the redhead about his photography, offering her a small still too polite smile. “Please forgive my cousin for butting in like this..” she tells her, while squeezing Karat’s hand lightly.

Without Karat’s support, the lavender haired woman feels rather lost. Especially now it is just her standing in her bikini, with nothing or nobody to hide behind. As her younger cousin slips away from them, she turns to offer @[Kwartz] a small smile. “Hey, how are you? Haven’t seen you in a while,” she greets her other cousin, her eyes soon wandering to where Karat dramatically dives into the pool. It’s impossible to not laugh softly at the sight. “You should go change, she’ll make a big show out of it if you don’t.”

“The same counts for any of you really..” she says softly, shyer, as she turns to look at the others. A small smile, and shrug of her shoulders, and then she’s off. The water is calling and although she cannot say she’s entirely comfortable, she cannot resist the lure. Unlike Karat, Kylin gently slips into the water. No jumping, no diving, just taking a seat at the edge and then lowering herself on one of the shallow benches at the far end of the pool.

As always, Kylin would make sure to stay away from the deeper parts, where most of the spectacle happened. She has no desire to be roughly pushed off a raft, or pulled down by a playful hand or two. No, she’d just lounge here and watch everything unfold, after all, the sight always is more than simply entertaining.
    As the redhead identifies the party goers, I follow his gesticulating hands toward the people he indicates. Some names I recognize, at least in writing, and it is nice to put a face to them. I’d set up meetings with Mr. Casia for a surprising number of them. Triple H is familiar, but I’ve never had a chance to see Kagerus before; her wife is the one who attends meetings. It doesn’t surprise me as I watch her interactions with the party guests though; that type of debauchery doesn’t really belong behind the closed doors of a board room. The has a knife to  Mr. Stillwater’s throat for a moment, the grey-suited man another guest I recognize without Leilan’s hint.

He looks a little different with his pants up and without the office intern’s legs wrapped around his waist, but it’s undoubtedly him. (I’d never pushed the coffee cart out of the breakroom faster than I had that morning)

Leilan is pointing his camera at the reading beauty and I grin; unsurprised that he seems as taken with the dark-haired woman as I was. It seems both of us are too slow though, and a man with a bold haircut swoops in to speak to her while I’m still gathering my courage. The blond in the red dress we’d come up the stairs with is also being escorted away by a bearded man that my new companion has just identified as the brother of the leader of the Leviathans. Their reputation is known (I’ve personally delivered duffel bags of cash to their envoys, so I know well), and I swallow a quiet sigh. I’ll not be able to compete with that.

Still, there are other women at the party, and it seems I’ve been fortunate enough to find someone who knows most of them.

I don’t need an introduction for the next pair, two beautiful women who emerge from a side door. They’ve witnessed the brief scuffle between Ivar Stillwater and Kagerus, it seems, and want no part in it. I don’t blame them – Karat and Kylin have always had seemed impervious to any sort of conflict. They float above us mere mortals like the angels they resemble. I’d already had trouble with my imagination carrying me away having only seen them in business attire, to have them both coming toward me scantily clad (the gin and juice fizzing warmly in my head) is like something from my wildest dreams.

Karat’s white suit hides nothing (and I’d thought her lavender dress was risqué!), and I only realize my mouth is open as I reach to push up my glasses. Kylin Casia is just behind her, her suit far less revealing. She is still stunning, and I am reminded that while both Casia women have frequented my fantasies now and again, the ones with Kylin aren’t always sexually explicit the way those with Karat are. My mother would call her a ‘nice girl’, I think, even if she is the type of ‘nice girl’ that I’ll never have the slightest chance with.

My breathe catches in my throat as they come close, and I know I’m turning as red as a stoplight. She’s touching me. She is touching me. My brain is struggling to catch up with what is going on and I stammer: “I um, I uh. I don’t.” Idiot. I shouldn’t have said that. Karat was complimenting me and I’ve made it clear my only exercise is carrying heavy contracts for her father to sign and pushing coffee carts.

Her cousin seems much more distracted, glancing over at the commotion by the pool, but when I follow her gaze I see nothing amiss. Ivar Stillwater, flirting with anything with a pulse and the trio of siblings that have rumors following them everywhere they go. “It’s good to see you too, Miss Casia. I mean, Kylin. Miss.” Even though she’s paying me no mind it’s still easy to stumble over my words.

I’m saved from my own awkwardness by the arrived of a dark haired man in a leather jacket. He too has the signature Casia look, but I don’t really recognize him. I glance back at Leilan, hoping for assistance, but he is caught up in conversation with yet another stunning woman. I don’t get the chance to ask or introduce myself, as Karat heading for the pool with an invitation to join her. I’d not brought a swimsuit (and I’m painfully self-conscious even when not surrounded by people pretty enough to be models), but saying no seems like it would be a terrible idea.

I follow Kylin, resembling a lost puppy more than anything else. I’ve no intention of getting into the water, but I do sit cross-legged at the edge of the pool near the bench where she’s submerged her lower half. It takes concentration to look out at the pool and not at the woman a beside me (even in her tasteful suit the view from slightly above is difficult to resist). I’m not sure what to say to her, so I’m grateful when a black-dressed server comes by offering a plate of drinks.

“Oh thanks.” I say as he bends to offer me one; I don’t even care what it is. “Actually, uh, I’ll take two?” He hands them over without hesitation, and I set the first on the slate beside me. “Would you like one?” I ask the lavender haired woman, holding the second drink out to her. It’s brilliantly green, and the strong scent of anise and fennel wafts from the chilled fruit. I’ve never actually tasted absinthe before, but it seems I’m about to try my first glass. First two glasses, maybe, if Kylin doesn’t accept the offer.

Synopsis: Leilan points out people to Ivar; they are joined by Karat and Kylin, then Kwartz and Rey. Merrik has no intention of swimming but follows Kylin to the pool, where he offers her a glass of absinthe he’s gotten from a passing server.