• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Loess]

A path for the future he seeks it set into motion that night.  The meeting against the red hot glow of the volcano had went as he figured it would have.  Warrick, the ever proud ruler he has come to know, denies his ideas.  It was expected for any king to wish to remain of power.  No matter how insignificant it was.

On any other occasion he would have flown to the challenge grounds but tonight was a glorious evening.  His path is illuminated by the orange glow of the lava that remains fluid along his body.  The heat felt good on this chilly fall night.  At this hour, he expected to find very little activity in the shadows of the trees.  Maybe the occasionally quickening of night dwellers, but nothing for him to fear.  Most of his kind were busily dreaming and would hardly notice his trek through the land.  If one did, the sight they may see would send them fleeing, he is sure.  

Before long the heated rock along his body begins to cool and harden.  Making it difficult to travel and so he begins to shed the lava rock formations along his joints. Leaving some to guard his chest and back.  The lavender reappearance of his feathers fold neatly at his sides.  They brush gently against the ashy black of the coals still clinging to his body.

Without warning, he stops abruptly.  His nostrils flare to catch a hint of unfamiliarity among the stagnant dew of the forest.  His left ear flicks back as his right tried to hone in on a location of a muffled noise.  He is sure he had heard something but is unable to catch just what or where it had come from.  A snort bellows from his nares with a cautious bob of his high crown, "Who goes there?" He demands as senses search for placement of the intruder...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

What I imagine he kind of looks like without so much flames at first
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne...ahorse.jpg

@[Wolfbane] or/and any other Loessian

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

It’s not hard to find Klaudius. Aside from his preternatural color and wings, his attitude was big enough to trickle down through the commonwealth and for this, Wolfbane is thankful. Apparently, the brute had made a big stink over in Tephra and ruffled some feathers that were not his own - a busybody in the making - and in the process he’d gotten a contract put out on that shiny, purple head of his.

All it takes is good timing, a pair of eyes (and a rather adept nose) on the inside, and Bane thinks he’s worked out a sizably concrete way to nail the stallion down. There was always a risk when it came to snuffing out other gifted horses; one mistake and powers gone awry could ruin everything, so before he takes flight from Loess Bane assures himself that backup will be there and that’s he’s ready for a fight. If it came down to it, being outnumbered or forcing the rogue male into exhaustion would be his end-all.

One can only exert their energy and magic for so long, anyways.

Temperate and still, the night stretches out before him in a twinkling blanket of clear, dark skies. Wolfbane begins his search from the East and drifts south from the shoreline of Tephra, looking all at once for either predator or prey. It just so happens that he spots the prey first and when he does the palomino circles again, loftily, just to be sure. “Hellllooooo Klaudius; come on down.” Wolfbane thinks to himself in a sing-song tune, drifting earthwards to land at the edge of the Forest.

Once settled on the ground, he dons true invisibility and slinks, unseen and nearly unheard, into the waiting shadows where his target had disappeared some moments ago. Everything seems to be going smoothly - Klaudius doesn’t seem to notice Bane trailing behind until suspicion (and the usual feeling of being watched) gives his position away. “Klaudius, I’m guessing?” The stalker speaks up, after the rocky-coated horse demands an audience.

From behind the dark shade of a nearby trunk, Bane eases into the pallid moonlight and allows for his cloak of transparency to disappear. “Someone’s been naughty this year.” The Loessian Lord chuckles, coming to a stop directly in the path of his new friend. No more going forward for this brute, and soon Klaudius will find there’s no going back, either. “I’m afraid there’s a change of plans in store for you, bud. You’ll be coming with me.” Bane smirks, confident in the sense that no matter what the other winged man would do, that fact would remain the same.

There’d be no battle come tomorrow; it began tonight.

WOLFBANE

@[Klaudius] @[Dayé] @[Arthas] @[Lepis] @[Covalto] Nicole, Kahzie, and Elise feel free to have your pony join in (Loess has been hired to take Klaudius captive) or feel free to leave them out! Just wanted to tag all possible players
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    Arthas
    It had been a short time since Arthas has stepped down from King in Loess and passed the throne on to Wolfbane. He was not disappointed the young stallion had a bright future ahead of him, and he was already quick to make changes in the kingdom. Arthas was not one hundred percent sure he was following the image  Bane had painted in his mind for the kingdom, but none the less he was loyal to him. They had an order to take a purple stallion called Klaudius hostage. A few of the Loess members traveled into the night sky, Bane was up above soaring about while Arthas slowly cantered along the earths floor.

Once Arthas saw Bane heading to the earths core he shifted his direction towards the yellow and blue ruler. Once he arrived he caught the end of the conversation and a smirk appeared on his maw as he stepped out from hiding and just behind Bane. Will you come quietly, or will you make it a struggle? His gaze fixates on the winged stallion before him. His name was well known throughout beqanna, and that is not always a good thing.

Arthas' ears flicked about, would the others from Loess arrive? He awaits a command from Bane, or perhaps no blood would be shed tonight. Klaudius is already out numbered, the smart move would to quietly accept his fate. To come along without a battle, or else he would be in for one hell of a fight.

Dangerous Business

@[Klaudius]@[Wolfbane]

when i run through the deep dark forest long after this has begun,

He had come to her in the deep, humid jungle of Tephra and when he requests her to join him, she obliges. He is family, after all, and though there is no other form he takes beside equine, she is drawn to his leadership. Her instincts called for a pack, an alpha to follow; solitarily hiding through the thick tropical foliage and hunting alone (though suited well her mother’s needs), Dayé found it to be unfulfilling and thus turned a confident eye towards her half-brother. She had been skittish of course, as she always is - evaluate the danger, if any, and to keep tabs on a certain someone that her brother had interest in. Dayé didn’t know why Wolfbane had asked her to trail the lavender stallion, but it felt a lot like hunting and with her affinity for slinking through the shadows unnoticed, it is obvious why she had been chosen. 

The storm-grey wolf stalks him both day and night, her nutmeg eyes only focused on the winged stallion’s routine and noting the various strengths and weaknesses, feeding Wolfbane the information each time her golden-blue brother asked. It had been difficult not to attack as it ran in her blood, but there is no way a juvenile wolf would be able to take down a full grown stallion without aide from other flanking hunters. It had been a simple task she had been given, and when the day comes where Klaudius slips through the borders on the way to the battle (she could smell the adrenaline slipping through his pores in the manifestation of sweat, creating an increase in her own heart rate at the scent of it). The wolf continues to prowl behind him as he wanders into the forest, remaining unseen and unheard.

Most of her pack had taken to the sky, and though desperately the young wolf wished to glance up to the canopy so she could be certain that she was not alone (hunting together), she knew that a single moment of distraction could cause her to lose sight and scent of the target. Dark nostrils flare in a snort as she realizes the stallion has stopped - like a doe catching the faintest scent of predator, or realizing that the forest is all too quiet. Dayé stops with him, nearly ten horse-strides behind him. The wolf lowers her head, the blades of her shoulders pressing against her skin and fur as she crouches, prepared to attack if he decides to try to turn back.

She knew that he would never return to Tephra - not with her in his way.

Who goes there? 

The sound of his voice sends the fur on her neck standing, raising her head from her lowered position. Her snout tips towards the sky then, a low howl escaping the dark-lining of her curled lips. Once the note dies on her mouth she can hear the world part behind her as shadow presses through the forest - it is her half-brother, she knows, slinking through the trees and brushing up beside her. The feeling of his closeness coupled with slowly moving towards the prey creates a gleam in the wolf’s eye that is nearly terrifying. She allows her brother to run point, waiting until he has revealed himself beneath the moonlight before slinking through the trees herself, snarling lips revealing the fangs that drip wetly in the darkness.

Wolfbane stands before Klaudius. Dayé allows him to do the talking, her eyes unwavering from Klaudius - even as another joins Wolfbane. There is talking but she hears nothing, prowling from the shadows with a lowered stance, pacing impatiently behind the lavender stallion’s heels. Her tail slashes behind her with each powerful stride, loose sounds of growls and snarls lowly announcing her presence, grey ears pressed back into the ridge of her neck. 

He is trapped.

Dayé

where the sun would set, trees are dead, and the rivers were none.

@[Klaudius] / @[Wolfbane] / @[Arthas]

His caution is soon validated by a crack of twig and crisp howl coming up behind him.  Turning to look behind him he places lit eyes within the cloaked darkness of night.  He almost grins at the creature stirring in the grove.  His own eyes lit with amusement at what stalker of shadows would dare approach him...

As his attention is focused on the night wolf, more sounds stir from his other side.  His silver gaze shifts before his head turns to view the other speaking now, Someone's been naughty this year.  It muses and he releases a chuckle before offering a response, "Clearly you haven't heard what I did last..."  The lavender stallions neck cranes to view the uniquely hued stranger, "I am sorry but I am afraid I do not know who you are..."  Being known causes him to grin.  Word spreads like wild fire amongst the rift raft of Beqanna...

He hardly receives an answer before another nears.  His ears had caught the hint of altered plans from the gold and navy stallion but it is hardly threatening.  That is until the next arrives with similar chosen words.  His gaze shifts again, finding a dappled stag appearing from the shelter of the woods.  Once forward ears flatten, just as the canine slips forward, snapping and snarling.  The amused smirk of his face is replaced by annoyance.  Again he looks to the golden stallion with a hardened gaze, "I really would love to but I have things to do.  Maybe another time," he states.  The close confines of the trio suggest his only way out is flight, but to get enough lift under the canopy of the deadening forests he'd have to travel a considerable distance, plus lose the only armor he currently carries.  So he opts for a nonchalant pace forwards.  Brushing past the dappled stallion in his attempt to leave the stuffy gathering...   

Klaudius

So he first senses @[Daye] (noting a wolf) and then @[Wolfbane] and finally @[Arthas].  Feel free to hurt him as he's brushing y'all off Wink
    He watches the group from the tree line, the silent stalker's ears are trained upon Wolfbane, awaiting instructions patiently. He is robed in the darkness the forest canopy offers, though the stark silver of his orbs are visible to anyone paying enough attention. Arthas is the first to truly challenge the fiery stag, and a wicked grin pulls at Covalto's dark maw. Their trophy declines the offer of peaceful surrender and moves forward , his attempt to leave quickly stopped as the ebony male steps forward, placing Klaudius between himself and the three Loessian's behind the earthy male. 

"It would be wise to come with us."
    Klaudius is just barely taller than his own imposing stature, but its not nearly enough to take the warning from his voice. If the lavender man chose to flee , Covalto would be right on his heels, chomping furiously at the bit. 

((Short because I needed to get something up to throw him into the mix ))
    This is my world, this is my way.
     Show me a sign, sweep me away.
    [Image: giant_raven_flying_by_furansu.gif]
    "Oh, I think now is a good time," I say, slipping from between the trees ahead of the purple stallion. Despite my small stature, the golden wings that I hold out wide to either side give me the illusion of a more impressive size. They also effectively block Klaudius path directly forward. He'll have to veer around me through the thick trees, giving time for my agile companions to catch up.

"There's no need to be frightened," I add nonchalantly, glancing up at him from thickly lashed blue-grey eyes. Our briefing on Klaudius had been just that - brief. Gossip was that the man was an incorrigible womanizer, unable to resist anything that was offered. I do not intend to carry out the promise that my slow and perusing inspection of his physique suggests, but that does not show in my body language.

"Come along willingly and we'll play nice." To the final word I add a dose of emotion: happiness, joy, satisfaction. It will feel as genuine as his own naturally occurring sentiment, but it will be so out of place that he'll have to suspect foul play. "We wouldn't want to hurt any handsome inch of you." Despite knowing I play a role, I cannot help the momentary flash of guilt. I glance over the stallion's purple stallion for Arthas, but find Wolfbane instead. I take a long breath, and glance back up at Klaudius.

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Two, Three, he thinks to himself with ears rotating, hardly paying attention to the purple stallion in front of him because honestly, the monologue had been a distraction in order for more to arrive. Arthas, (two) dark as the shadows he slinks from, proves instantaneously why he’s Loess’ champion and the new Lord’s mentor. Dayé though, (three) she’s a merciless ranger from behind. His saving grace and a nasty bitch that soon has Klaudius’ smirk turned upside down. A fierce love for them both rages to life inside Wolfbane’s chest, though he remains perfectly still as the pegasus attempts to leave.

“You’re smart enough.” Bane calls out to the retreating horse, thinking four, then five. Strategic and bold, Covalto (four) slithers out into the open, speckled moonlight shifting with his step and then, like the cue of a perfect symphony, Lepis (five) cuts in alongside him, impressive in a way that has Wolfbane’s shimmering brows jerking with muted amusement. When his cleric’s gaze crashes into his own, Bane decides enough is enough.

“I think you can see you’ve got no choice. It’s not really Loess that want you, Klaudius,” The trojan-esque brute sighs, shifting aside to close the circle around their target. “So come with us quietly and like she said -” He nods in Lepis’ direction, “- you’ll come to no harm. Final offer.” Wolfbane tests, in a tone that suggest Klaudius ask no more questions.

Yes or No, he thinks with a grin.

WOLFBANE

@[Klaudius] @[Dayé] @[Arthas] @[Lepis] @[Covalto] Neo will be responding with Klaudius first to make everything streamline again (so please wait) and then, depending on Klaudius' reply, you may attack if the answer is negative; obviously no powerplay in such a scenario and Neo/Klaudius has full right to react <3
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

One...Two...Three steps is all he is allotted before a dark brute appears from the forests.  Silver eyes study him as I slow to a stop again.  His thoughts gauge exactly what this one could do to stop him from going further besides his sheer mass.  A smirk begins to creep upon his lips once more as he considers what is transpiring.  Oh Warrick.... You sneaky bastard, he muses to himself.  

His lavender-rock covered frame is shifting back to settle deep in his hind quarters when another lighter figure emerges from the depths.  This one is different, he can tell.  It is the hint of delicate fragrance on the stale night dew that he discovers along with her bright hue.  Similar to the puppeteer in color but nothing alike in form.  His eyes focus intensely on her as she approaches.  Soft words coming from subtle lips and he cant help but lean forwards just the slightest as she comes before him.  There is no need to be frightened, he hears but his gut tells him otherwise. His gaze matches hers in the slow draw of eye along body. Come along willingly and we will play nicely, again finds his ears but a sneaking suspicion creeps up within him that this is no game to be play nicely.  There is suddenly an overwhelming sensation of warmth that is rare to find within him if not directed towards his children.  She is again speaking and his eyes fall to the earth below them in thought(as hers divert to those behind him with a deepened breath).  Play the game Klaudius, an internal voice begs of him.  

His gaze rises to meet the blue-grey of the mares when the leader of this clan speaks up again.  Allowing the stallion to finish his plight of reasoning before speaking.  "Very well then.  I suppose I can place my plans on hold, momentarily," his stoic voice carries to the group but his focus remains on the winged creature before him.  She is different, he concludes to himself quietly.  Intent on figuring out just how and why, he waits for the hoard to begin to move in whichever direction they were set on taking him...   

Klaudius

@[Wolfbane] so suddenly he has a thing for @[Lepis] o.O