• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

An apple a day keeps the doctor away; any
    It fills her heart with so much joy, that Ilma and Sparkle’s assessment was in line with her own; that the painted fellow was indeed getting wet.  When he doesn’t move fast enough to correct the situation, in her judgement, she offers him the best words of encouragement she can possibly fathom, ”Yer still gettin wet.”. Okay, she’d done a good deed, attempted to correct a horrible wrong, she could die happy now.

Maybe she already was dying? Clearly she was losing her grasp on her sanity; had her grasp been so weak in the first place?  A couple of poisoned apples would be all it took to end it all for her.  Oh well.  Might as well make the most of her last precious moments.  And really, this feeling wasn’t so bad.  

Fear of stumbling kept her from moving further away or into the tumbling waters, watching with fascination as the downed stallion finally corrected himself.  She spares a single dizzying moment to glance back at Ilma and Sparkles who seem to be favoring the higher ground, noting with lighthearted amusement the way Sparkles laid his head upon Ilma’s downy feathers.  A dark brow raises, catching Ilma’s glance between rampant giggles, ”Would you two like some privacy?”

The newly risen strangers voice draws her attention back, she regards him with cautious amusement, mildly smitten by the severity of his odd eye color grazing over her.  The extent to which his eyes rove are lost to her however, seemingly incapable of holding the attention of one moment for longer than a few seconds.

”Chemdog,” she repeats casually, taking extra precautions to make sure the word keeps all of its letters this time.  “An interesting name,” she muses aloud, “somethin tells me I won’ forget it now either.” A small one sided grin flickers at the corner of her mouth, realizing that her letter were lost again.

“Bracken,” she offer him at first before quickly clearing her throat. “I mean Breckin.  What brings you to my side of the river?”   she quips, because he was obviously he was not on her side presently.  Maybe an invitation to come closer, maybe not; she’d leave that up to him.

@[Ilma] @[Sunblaze] @[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: An apple a day keeps the doctor away; any - by Breckin - 07-23-2018, 09:38 PM