• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The silver roan-and-gold lets his eyes wander the kingdom. How incredibly... normal it still is. It hasn't been corrupted, these hills, the water sources, even if something or someone evil walked the grass, to the grass it was all the same - it was being eaten by any type of horse.

It doesn't take long for someone to answer his call for the leader, but it's not the young stallion himself. Instead, a mare of approximately the same age or a year older - oh yeah, definitely a year older; a pregnant young mare comes to see him. She asks if she can help him but doesn't offer a name, which is slightly odd. Should he know her, then? He looks her over, she might be familiar, but she might be someone else entirely, so he takes the safer route. "I came to ask the new king if he needs me as much as the old one." His tone suggests he doesn't think so, nevertheless he continues. "Does the Bane of our existence wish to take Loess in the same direction as his predecessor?" he muses aloud.

Her swollen barrel reminds him vaguely of his actions last autumn, wondering if he should have approached some mares differently than he had. The thought diminishes with the distraction of a second mare, also swollen, and her grey look is enough to make him doubt for a heartbeat she is the same woman - but her transparent wings are a dead giveaway, even if she hadn't just named him directly. "Rey." he dips his head in a polite meeting, though his eyes flicker towards her belly, ears swivelling backwards for a moment as if wanting to lay them against his skull, though he refrains from that - a micro-expression giving away the quick shock and the thought that comes with it - she's pregnant - did I do that? - Nah, she would have said something... would she?

The confusion is not something he wants to display; as soon as Rey talks to the perlino mare again, his face is neutral once more. "I thought you were set on travelling. How did you land here?" he pries - he's not entirely curious, but perhaps there is another story than their hookup that would explain her roundness. He eyes the other mare quickly, her wing is broken and healed wrongly, and he visibly makes a mental note of that with a slightly concerned frown to her other scars. They're not the same as Jesper's, but she definitely has had some hardships to endure.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Lepis] @[Rey]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Leilan - 06-29-2018, 02:31 PM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Rey - 06-30-2018, 03:37 PM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Leilan - 07-04-2018, 01:49 PM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Rey - 07-13-2018, 11:15 AM