• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any
    At the sight of a dappled figure coming toward us, my ears flick forward curiously. It is not Arthas, I find as the winged mare comes closer, though she does wear his pattern as well as his scent. Even before she introduces herself I k now her - if not her name, then at least who she is. The child that rounds her belly is sibling to mine, and the thought of it brings a gentle smile. I had always wanted siblings growing up, how perfect that my child will have one their own age. It is obvious she does not know me (and how would she, when I have kept myself hidden away until recently, and before that been in Sylva?) but I give my name: "I'm Lepis" with an easy smile.

I do not have time to say more, as the roan stallion has begun to speak. It doesn't occur to me that he might find my own lack of introduction at all odd; this is my home, after all. His word play on the king's name amuses me, and softened as I am by Rey's vouching for him, I let down some of the internal tension that I have been holding.

"I think that will depend on why the old king needed you," I tell him, making a note to find you exactly how - and why - he might have ben useful to Arthas. "Wolfbane intends Loess to be a tool for those who finds themselves in need of one, and who can afford us." I pause for a moment, watching the roan stallion curiously. In all my lessons I had not heard of a kingdom functioning the way that Bane intends us to, and I am curious what the reaction of others might be.

Messages In This Thread
    Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Leilan - 06-29-2018, 02:31 PM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Rey - 06-30-2018, 03:37 PM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Lepis - 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM
    RE: Poke it with a stick - Wolfbane, any - by Rey - 07-13-2018, 11:15 AM