• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I can't repair the damage done, [{Wishbone}]

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

If Wishbone had asked him this very moment to leave Loess altogether and join her here, in Nerine, Bane couldn’t have stopped himself from a sincere yes. It’s hard enough to focus, the way she chides him about Femur (the only mare he’d ever take a licking from) and in the next sentence she’s red velvet and warm fire. Unpredictable as the ocean he often had to pluck her from. What sane man loves the sea?

That’s what this is, Bane realizes. He loves her.

Tenderly, the rough waves of Wishbone’s voice crash into his thoughts and once again Bane finds himself admiring how much the soft glow of this place made her seem so vulnerable. He tilts his head into the feeling of her kiss - innocent, truthful - and laughs softly in a tenor too-warm at her idle threat. “You’re the idiot I’m worried about half the time.” He admits, “Imagine what I’ll do to you if you go and maim yourself …”

A bit patronizing, but the inherent memories of her luring them for the millionth time somewhere they’d been specifically told not to go are just as fresh as they were the day they happened. Still, she’s only worried about him and Wolfbane adores her all the more for it, even if it feels more obvious that he should be the one protecting and worrying about her.

Wishbone though, there’s always been a spark in her eye. Her fierce independence is a trait Bane likes the most about her, though as her heated, curious mouth explores the supple muscle of his barred neck he considers adding a new thing about her to that list. “How about a deal?” The pegasus murmurs, twisting his head around to touch a silken spot of her coppery skin, inhaling the scent of Wishbone’s almost tangible excitement while his dark lips move against her, “I’ll take care of you, and you keep me grounded.”

Softly, slowly, the sensation of his mouth grows still and Bane rubs his feverish nose in gentle circles against her dread-locked crest, pulling himself closer. He could do this forever, easily - it feels like he already has - but for her he keeps things simple and light. They’re young yet, and he wants something between them that blossoms; something grown and not set alight. Something lasting, with roots deep and branches high.

WOLFBANE

@[Wishbone] <3 I'm sorry that I suck and didn't see this
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

This is natural. This is peaceful. This is right.

Despite the changes to their bodies and the changes to their homes, they are still Wishbone and Wolfbane. When his mouth traces the lines of her neck, it is both familiar and foreign in one bittersweet stroke. It both soothes the ragged fringes and electrifies the dormant, maturing curves of her soul. She leans into his touch, even while he teases the ferocity of her spirit.

Then he’s presenting a deal, curling the words into the hazy blue glow of their cavern, and her silky ears prick forward with interest. “I’m listening,” she whispers against his pale skin. It makes her smile, pressing the curve of her lips into the musk of him, and Wishbone heaves out an exaggerated sigh just to make things dramatic and, perhaps, still the butterflies weaving their way through her stomach.

“I suppose you wouldn’t take no for an answer.” She would step away from him — almost never able to stay in one place for very long — but his nose is tracing endless circles on her skin and she is mesmerized by the sensation. The mahogany girl leans into his embrace and the silkiness of his nose upon her body, and her sunset eyes close with content while the glow-worms provide a blue starglow to their daytime midnight.

wishbone

@[Wolfbane] / short lil ending for the babies <33