• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everything will glow for you, romulus.
    The uppermost layer of snow has turned to a sheet of ice after midday melted it and the evening shade refroze it again. Each of her small hooves makes a loud crunch with every step and she laughs softly at the feeling. The sound leaves her lips in little puffs of white air that dissipates quickly. There is only a sliver of the sun left above the horizon and, though her mood has not dulled, she’s shivering in the cold. Her wings are tucked tight against her to try and retain her warmth but they can only do so much.

Others around her are huddled in couples or small groups, murmuring to one another happily in their cozy cluster. She’s a little jealous if we’re being honest, but she’s sure she can find someone willing to let her sidle up to them. Her plan isn’t bad but it hinges on her overcoming her timid nature in a meadow full of strangers. Jenova swallows hard and continues weaving around everyone with her head craning to see over them. She’s on the short side and so the world looks like a sea of bodies to her at the moment, much to her dismay.

She chastises herself for never mastering the art of flight despite having two perfectly good wings. If only she could take to the air, she could easily spot another loner fighting off the cold. But that sort of talent was never in the cards for her, she supposes, so she continues her search on foot.

Until she collides right into someone, that is.

She back pedals and looks forward now rather than way off in the distance. Luckily her cheeks are a lovely shade of light blue and hide her embarrassed blushing, though it probably wouldn’t matter in this case. “I’m so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention! Are you okay?” she says quickly as her wings spread open in surprise. At least she hit him nose first rather than horn first, she supposes.

JENOVA
    And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,
    As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
    @[Romulus]

Messages In This Thread
    everything will glow for you, romulus. - by Jenova - 07-03-2018, 01:54 AM