• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everything will glow for you, romulus.
    something about the dark. something about our bodies, and the way we find one another.
    something about the place where fear melts in the mouth and gets lost in kisses and under fingernails.

When her mind is flooded with images of the meadow in the summer, she is confused at first. Her memories were never so vibrant and lively as this and she hadn’t meant to think of such things herself. She turns her gaze back to Romulus and blinks slowly in wonderment as his memories dance in her head so easily. Was it his thoughts that engulfed hers? Had he been reading her thoughts this entire time? She feels embarrassment flood her veins as her expression grows concerned now. How far did his reach go within her mind? Did she think of anything embarrassing while she was around him? Could he hear what she was thinking right now?!

Can… Can you hear my thoughts?” she asks sheepishly. Jenova clams up and blanks her mind of anything as she watches him now. She’s typically not easily embarrassed but she doesn’t know just what he picks up on in her thoughts and she’s not willing to take the chance. Of course, Romulus seemed nice enough to her, but some things were meant to be private.

I’m sorry... I’m not upset or anything, I’m just not used to anyone poking around in there I guess,” she says as she attempts a soft laugh to lighten the mood of their conversation. Her thoughts remain empty as she focuses on the curve of his jaw and the way he speaks when he says he’s forgotten how to socialize. She gives a light shrug of her shoulders and her wings mimic the movement slightly before settling across her back once more. “I think you’re doing just fine. Or maybe we’re both hopeless with conversations.

Her laugh is more genuine this time as she leans her head against his shoulder for a moment.
    Jenova
    something about the sanctity of trust, of midnight confessions,
    of held breath let out on a sigh like a smoke signal, a safe harbor.
    some kind of magic. the kind that’s only for us.
    @[Romulus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything will glow for you, romulus. - by Jenova - 07-24-2018, 08:33 PM