• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Rhynne, any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Her new wings still take some getting used to, appearing and disappearing with the light of the sun. But she’s getting the hang of it now, seeing on which days she can go out further and on which days she probably shouldn’t, because by night she would like to be back home. It’s a good distraction from her life at home, too. She’s noticed Solace is pregnant again, and her twins, Llowell and Kanamae are nearing the yearling stage. Herself, she’s glad to not carry a foal this year, if only that it will be a welcome ‘rest’ of raising a baby next spring, and that she can fly all winter.

Well, that last part surely backfired, but only partly, because she can fly on a sunny, bright winter day like this one. The snow reflects more sunlight even, and when she lands in the meadow, Ilma is once again a manifestation of the sunny winter day. Her coat white as the snow, her wings the same reflective sunlight. All in all, life isn’t too bad. Today, at least. With a smile, she looks around for someone to talk to. More distractions from the political climate would be welcome.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Rhynne]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

-a quote goes here-

The black mare made her way through the meadow. She has lived here for a while now and she was growing restless here. She spotted a white colored figure in the distance and decided to approach. She stopped a reasonable distance away and smiled at the mare. She said "Hello miss. My name is Rhynne. May I ask for your name?" She had been searching for someone who she hasn't been in touch with in a long time and that someone was her daughter. She had no idea as to where to look or even where she could be found. 

*Rhynne

@[Ilma] The next post should be longer hopefully

Ilma

It's a black mare, with a remarkably red blaze, that catches her attention. Not just by the blaze, but because she is the one who ends up approaching the white Ilma. She smiles readily of course, and greets her with a warm whinny and a head-bowing gesture. "I am Ilma, Ambassador of Hyaline." she tells the other mare. She wonders briefly why she had approached her; but perhaps she just wants to talk or, even find a new home. "How are you?" she asks - perhaps once she gets the black mare talking, she'll tell her just that.

@[Rhynne]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Rhynne took in the white mares appearance and noted it into the back of her mind. Her ears perked at the mention of Hyaline. She had heard of the kingdom before but hadn't really gave the land any thought. She smiled softly at the mare and said "Its a pleasure meeting you Ilma. What is Hyaline like?" She kept from using her abilities on the mare before her. She then heard her other question and said "I am well Ilma. How are you ma'am?" 

@[Ilma]

Ilma

With a rearrangement of her wings (because they made of light, that didn't do anything except giving in to a phantom itch, because her wings used to be normal feathered ones) she focused on the other mare as she spoke. She gave off a pleasant enough greeting, so Ilma estimated her to be fairly well-educated.

Had she used her ability to peek in on the white mare's mind, she'd have found the lingering troubles, but an overall well-doing pleasant mare. Besides, she had no secrets to keep from her. She smiled at the idea of talking about Hyaline, and so, she started with that. "It's beautiful in one word, and peaceful. We're a sanctuary kingdom in the mountains, so we try to keep ourselves out of meddling with other kingdoms. Of course, that can't be helped when you have neighbours and relatives in other kingdoms." she chuckled a bit. There was a difference between neutrality and seclusion. "But we do keep a peaceful relation with those surrounding us." She explained.

On the other question, she had less of an answer. "I'd like to say I'm doing well, though there has been some trouble in my life. Currently though, I am fine, if not for the absence of a certain someone. But not to worry, I'm sure he'll be fine and return back to Hyaline whenever he's done exploring." she tells the other mare. Truly, her would-be lover is a wanderer, and is easily drawn to a pretty face; she doesn't blame him, he still cares for all of them, and, she knows that Hyaline is his home and he will come back sooner or later. She hopes that it is in time for her to tell him about her feelings though. But that's of no concern right now.

@[Rhynne]

-a quote goes here-

The black colored mare took in everything the other mare had said to her. With the info she was given she felt like that would be a great place to call home. Rhynne gave Ilma a smile as she said "Hyaline sounds like a great place to settle down in. Also I am glad you are doing well." She looked around at her surroundings as she wandered if maybe her dam or daughter was in the land. She then turned her attention back to the white mare before her. 

*Rhynne

@[Ilma]